• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homelander (Amazon) possible upgrades.

Noir mostly relied on stealth and confusion to stay alive.

I wouldn't recommend scaling him to Homelander's top speed though. He can visibly fly much faster than Noir can run and he doesn't enter super speed against him either.

So
10.76^3*((27136*0.0310264+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 0.00013229029 tons of TNT / 132.29029 grams of TNT = 553,502.57336 joules

(553,502.57336 )/(4π/2((2)^2)) = 22023.1676411 joules per m^2

22023.1676411 joules * 0.68 = 14,975.7539 joules (9-C+)

RIP Black Noir. He's still casually 9-B though: 1 2 3

Awesome.

I don't hate to ask this because you've already done a lot, but would it be possible to calc Homelander fragmenting those metal tanks? Since I think once that's done we can just apply the upgrades and make the 9-A downgrade thread.

The downgrade from 9-A?
NGL I kind of wonder why guys like Noir are 9-A since didn't he just tank 9-B+ levels of energy

So

RIP Black Noir. He's still casually 9-B though: 1 2 3
Black Noir also survived the Tier 8 explosion, only at a greater distance than Homelander

By the way, can we for the love of the Lord delete the description that Bruto hurt Translucent? This is ridiculous, the characters took 2 episodes to truly kill him

Black Noir also survived the Tier 8 explosion, only at a greater distance than Homelander

By the way, can we for the love of the Lord delete the description that Bruto hurt Translucent? This is ridiculous, the characters took 2 episodes to truly kill him
He seemed way farther than that, since he didn't look injured from it

The downgrade from 9-A?
The current justification for 9-A is based on a 20 PSI calc from Naqib that Noir took, which got 9-B+ results. The idea was that people like Maeve and Homelander would upscale and the rest could possibly upscale.

Since the PSI value is wrong, and is instead 0.45 PSI that bumps the energy into mid 9-B and there's no more upscaling possible.
That's the major thing. The woman also survived for similar reasons and Noir has confirmed in-universe running speed superior to that of a car. With the smoke and the 15 seconds he could have gotten far enough away to not receive lethal levels of energy.

And the woman also survived the explosion before Black snapped her neck

The woman also survived for similar reasons
The woman was on top of a building, and even when it fell, she still remained conscious and not much more injured than she already was. It is an obvious inconsistent

Trying to survive an 8-A+ explosion is insane for a normal human, even if it is at 50 meters
With the smoke and the 15 seconds he could have gotten far enough away to not receive lethal levels of energy.
We saw how far away he was before he killed the woman, although

Awesome.

I don't hate to ask this because you've already done a lot, but would it be possible to calc Homelander fragmenting those metal tanks? Since I think once that's done we can just apply the upgrades and make the 9-A downgrade thread.
Yeah I probably could

Kenji does need better justifications. I'll tackle those in the 9-A thread.

Looking back at the explosion scene, you could probably calc where Black Noir is based on where he pops up to intercept the woman. Scene is actually relatively clear on how far they are from Homelander. Thing is we don't know if he got there by just being there or if he had to move there from somewhere further so idk if that could work if it is calced

I don't think it is possible for Black Noir to have changed position so quickly considering the amount of rocks around and obstacles. Besides there is nothing to indicate that he was running until he reached 100 meters, after the explosion to go back the 100 meters in 3 seconds (100 meters is just a example)

Maybe Black purposely confused Homelander with his smoke bombs to make him blow up the whole chemical plant and hid somewhere away from the premises

I still think Homelander should just scale to 8-A (I knew Ryan should only be comparable to homelander when he’s older but that doesn’t matter, a grown up Ryan still wouldn’t be hundreds of times stronger than Homelander himself as this is never implied, Homelander’s reaction to him would’ve been different and there wouldn’t even be any reason for Billy to think that. The logic is that he has Homelander’s powers therefore he should be capable of killing him) and aren’t there other 9-A feats? Has stormfront destroying the floors of that building been calculated?

Last edited:
aren’t there other 9-A feats?
Afaik the only 9-A feats that could possibly exist are Lamplighter melting the steel door and maybe Stormfront'a feat.

Everything else has been calced and it'd 9-B.

I still think Homelander should just scale to 8-A
I fine with that, but we just don't have in-universe backing yet. Season 3 may change that, but for now Homelander just doesn't have anyone comparable to him.

I fine with that, but we just don't have in-universe backing yet. Season 3 may change that, but for now Homelander just doesn't have anyone comparable to him.
Sure but there’s still enough grounds to say he could kill himself. Although we haven’t really seen a fight between him and an older Ryan I suppose it might be fair to give him a possibly/likely 8-A rating

It's worth noting Kripke apparently mentioned Soldier Boy isn't far off Homelander so that could be huge
Especially since Boy apparently takes on Maeve going by leaks

Okay so here's my proposal

Current
Attack Potency: At least Small Building level (Threw a baseball several dozen, if not hundreds of kilometers away and previously downed an airplane with a football. Is the most powerful superhuman, which makes him superior to Queen Maeve, Stormfront, and Black Noir, who defeated Naqib, whose self-detonation destroyed a hut. He would also be superior to Lamplighter, whose fire blast melted a metal door in under a second), likely higher (His young son with his same powers could maim Stormfront out of anger the first time he used his heat vision; Homelander stated that at his age he broke the sound barrier, which may imply his powers to grow over time)

Durability: At least Small Building level (Is completely bulletproof. Unharmed by the explosion of Madelyn's bomb vest. Survived Kenji collapsing part of a tunnel on him, although it incapacitated him for a while. Superior to Naqib who survived his own self-detonation. Superior to Maeve), likely higher (Madelyn stated that there isn't a weapon on Earth they haven't thrown at him and they all failed, but this seems exaggerated, she was desperate in context and the attack from Kenji that took him down for a while isn't beyond his current tier)

New
Attack Potency: At least Small Building level (Easily fragmented metal. Previously downed an airplane with a football. Is the most powerful superhuman, which makes him superior to Queen Maeve, Stormfront, Black Noir, and Naqib), likely higher (All of Homelander's feats were preformed with minimal amounts of effort and his maximum output has not currently been shown.)

Durability: At least Multi-City Block level+ (Withstood a point blank explosion that leveled a Chemical Plant with no visible damage. Unharmed by the explosion of Madelyn's bomb vest. Survived Kenji collapsing part of a tunnel on him, although it incapacitated him for a while. Superior to Naqib who survived his own self-detonation. Superior to Maeve. Madelyn stated that there isn't a weapon on Earth they haven't thrown at him and they all failed)

I would like to link everyone to this new CRT, here, which already has the explosion calced and proposes some changes to black Noir

Lol just realised you guys had a version of the calc. Mine used the full size of the explosion and got slightly higher results at just over 3 Kilotons of tnt or Low 7C.

Both calculations have been accepted, so that creates a standstill.

Back