• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hiraga Saito (Zero no Tsukaima) Stat Check

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
So I made this thread betwee Hiraga Saito and Bell Cranel.

It was all well and good until Saito's stats are put into question after Repp rewatched his fight with the golem and the rechecking of the source material for whether or not the scene was actually there.

Anyways, here's what I found.

Golem punch:

The golem's fist smashed onto the place Saito stood on. Just in the nick of time, Saito jumped and evaded the blow. The golem removed its fist from the ground and a crater a meter wide was formed.

Saito is apparently physically stronger than he lets on.

Saito's strength with no Gandalfr:

The golem moved and threw a punch. In mid-flight the fist morphed into steel.

Saito saw this, and parried the attack with his sword.

Pang! The sword broke from the hilt upon impact.

Saito was stunned. Was this sword really made by the famous Germanian Alchemist Lord Shupei? It's totally useless!

This is the sword he got from Kirche which was apparently made (or coated or mixed) of gold, was too long for its short handle, hence the weight was off. Still, Saito was able to parry the golem's fist.

Saito's speed without Gandalfr:

"Mr. Agile Familiar, please drop your broken sword too. You're a threat to me if you're holding a weapon." - Fouquet the Crumbling Dirt

Apparently, he's physically fit even without the Gandalfr to be complimented by someone with quite a bit of experience considering she robs nobles a lot and should therefore be faced with opposing parties like muggle knights or something.

Attack Potency (in base): Likely Wall level (?)

Speed (in base): Athletic Human or/to Peak Human (Considered by Fouquet, an experienced mage in combat to be agile)

Saito vs Wardes:

Saito leapt forward like a bullet and released a brand new assault.

"In other words, you are unable to protect Louise." For the first time, Wardes entered combat stance, with a speed impossible for a normal person to track, launched an attack on Saito. Just as the boy realized what was going on, he took the full attack head on.

- - - -

Bam, suddenly the winds rushed together, creating an invisible force that slammed into Saito with the strength of a hammer, knocking him a good 10 meters away and into a pile of beer barrels, smashing all of them as he crashed down.

Saito took a wind hammer faster than he can react. He lost his sword in the process but was still good enough to grab it had it not been for Wardes stepping on it and aiming the swordwand at his neck, thus ending the duel. Saito walked away depressed afterward.

Dunno how high durability that is but I'd reckon, not that high.

Durability: (?)

Saito with Gandalfr:

"Lightning Cloud"

"It is regrettable… That your life will be taken by this hand…"

If even Saito's arm was scorched by this blitz spell, there was no chance of survival if she was hit by it directly.

From shock her breath was rough and her whole body was in pain. Louise, scared like a child, cried ―

"Saito! Help!"

At that moment, Wardes finished the spell and lowered his cane, aiming towards Louise and...

The wall of the chapel collapsed with a roaring sound, and a strong gust of wind blew in from the outside.

"Damn you…"ÒÇÇ

Wardes muttered.

After breaking the wall, Saito jumped in with Derflinger in his hand and stopped Wardes' cane.

Saito smashed through the chapel wall and blocked Wardes' attack.

Yada yada yada... Derf reveals himself to be a magic-sucking blade and Saito got a boost from Gandalfr once more, this time able to fight Wardes' wind clones 3 at the same time.

Attack Potency: At least Wall level (Broke through the wall and caused a gust)

Nothing special.

Saito vs 70,000:

Four hundred meters in front of them, they could see Albion's forward assault force.

Suddenly his body began to move by itself; they would never know if this was the power of Gand├ílfr, or Saito's own bravery, or something else…

Saito charged toward the army of 70,000.

Saito vs 70,000: The only thing the fallen cavalry men could do was hear the sound of the enemy's footsteps, the speed was so great that they could not even see their foe's image.

Speed: Subsonic+ (Weaved through an entire army, dodging spells, arrows and swords alike)

Saito vs 70,000: Although so many bolts should have been fatal, the wind-like warrior never slowed.

Stamina: Greatly SuperHuman (Fought through an entire army and managed to continue doing so as his body gets pelted by magic and crossbow bolts)

I'll look for more but this is it at the moment.

I'm at the Jormungand arc currently, which is the whole supergolems with deflector shields.

He only gets a buff for his base at the moment, Gandalfr has yet to show me anything notable, but then again, Jormungandr is like a 30 meter steel golem or something so it may yet to come.

Yes, there is.

"Lightning Cloud" is a straightforward lightning bolt from Wardes' swordwand that Saito managed to block and got his hand paralyzed for a while. Wardes was surprised by this since it's supposed to be a surekill technique that even Louise noted (something like, "If Saito's hand was ruined, I'd get killed")

This is pre-antimagic Derf, where he was still covered in rust.

Beyond running through an army, a hail of arrows and magic spells and doing it so fast that he's described as invisible?

None comes close.

Blocking the golems punch was done with runes glowing.

Edit: I am also not 100% sure wether we should scale saitos magic absoption to the hexagon spell, given that he fainted from it, badly injured and unable to ultimately block it.

Regarding blocking the golem punch...

Did you refer to the part I quoted above where he parried the fist?

"Me?" Saito sighed. He drew out the sword that Kirche gave to him.

The runes on his left hand started glowing. At the same time Saito felt his body becoming as light as a feather.

Hmm. I missed that. Good eye.

On another note:

If Fouquet decided on breaking the way in, a 30-mail tall dirt golem was used. Tossing aside mage guards and shattering castle walls, it let him boldly take prizes in broad daylight.

So, Saito parried an attack from a golem that can shatter castle walls using a subpar sword.

How do we rate that?

Regarding the hexagonal spell, yeah, I agree with that considering it took Saito quite a lot and didn't get to absorb a square spell.

Saito pointed at the huge tornado.

"It is bad. It isn't just a wild tornado. The layer of the vacuum narrows around it and will cut deeply if touched. Frightening square spellcraft…"

There was no time to hear the explanation.

It leaped right at him and Saito, aiming the sword forward, received it at once.

"Stop! Run away!"

Though Derflinger shouted, there was no time. Long, deep cuts, as if done by innumerable sharp razors, appeared all over Saito's body.

"H-Huuuuuuuuurts!"

"Told you so! This fellow is a 'Cutter Tornado!' You will be cut to pieces before I can absorb it!"

Though Saito was soaking with blood, he did not move an inch.

Though to be fair, it's Karin the Heavy Wind that casted it. She's like the strongest mage in Tristain sans Louise though she has a long casting time.

That and Saito didn't budge until Louise dispelled it, which takes tremendous stamina, maybe some durability and a balls harder than Karin's Rule of Steel to do that.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! (Warcry)

Thousands and millions of cries echoed across the landÔöÇÔöÇÔöÇÔöÇÔöÇÔöÇ

Sasha nodded at Saito.

Saito during his meetup with his Gandalfr ancestor Sasha, teamed up with her and void mage Brimir, the founder, against an army so massive that Saito who faced 70,000 still couldn't guess how many were there. Then there's that cries of echoes quote.

Nothing really there to note, but it's cool.

So Saito would be downgraded?

I thought that the feat where he destroyed a Golem with one blow was in the novel

Looked for it, it wasn't there. He didn't get to fight the first time when Fouquet was stealing. He used the gold sword once the second time, it broke. Afterwards, he immediately went for the rocket launcher.

He blocked the 30-meter high rock golem whose fist turned steel and can shatter castle walls with a subpar sword though so there's that.

Gemmysaur said:
Looked for it, it wasn't there. He didn't get to fight the first time when Fouquet was stealing. He used the gold sword once the second time, it broke. Afterwards, he immediately went for the rocket launcher.
That's the first fight, he doesn't other encounters?

I remember him doing that feat in the first season of the anime, but I don't remember the episode

He didn't engage it in a sword fight on both encounters.

The first time, Fouquet left without engaging them beyond trying to step on Saito and Louise.

The second, he parried the fist with the gold sword that snapped, then shot it with a rocket launcher.

Saito, Wardes and Louise ran off for the port while Tabitha, Guiche and Kirche hold her off.

They don't get another encounter after this since encounter 3 devolved into Kirche and Fouquet having a Halkegenian equivalent of 'you so ugly' game while Tabitha sits to read, Guiche watches and the bandits have a gamble on who's gonna win.

Back