• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High-Universal Black Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying it's infinite and finite at the same time. Endless isn't even used to count things, it's literally just "without start or end", it isn't a "number" like infinity is
Guess what infinity needs to form its core meaning.

"To have no end, no limit".

Like, the dictionary is right in front of you.

Only way endless doesn't become infinite is if there are contradictions or it's hyperbole, any other reason is just asinine bias-filled BS.
That doesn't denounce the fact that it can be finite. My statmenet is still true, and in the context of this thread it definitely doesn't mean infinite

You are overhyping the word infinite a lot. Infinite means there is no end and limit. Literally the same as endless. It is not superior at all
I want to thank you for dropping that definition, you just made me realize something very interesting... Your definition said "seemingly having no end or limi" emphasis on the "seemingly" and I crossed checked this definition with my advanced learners Oxford dictionary and it said the same thing. The world endless is something that seemingly has no end or limit which is different from the word infinite which means "without end or limit". Going back to the subject at hand luck says the glamour world is endless because from his point of view it seems to have no end and therefore said it's endless. Not that the glamour world is indeed infinite. The only person who is credible enough to confirm the size of glamour world if it is indeed infinite or not is the the creator Dorothy unsworth and she has made no such Statements or implications that suggests show. @KingTempest @Damage3245 do you agree with me on this?

That doesn't denounce the fact that it can be finite. My statmenet is still true, and in the context of this thread it definitely doesn't mean infinite
Then prove it. Prove that your statement proves OP to be hyperbolic or contradicting. Otherwise nothing proves it to be finite.

The very core meaning of "Endless", "to have no end or limits or boundaries" is literally used as the ******* building block to define the word "infinite".

Unless you mean to say "infinite" is also "finite", that is.

Holy **** are you illiterate. Endless isn't necessairly finite, it is a property that just means "without start or end", both finite and infinite things can be endless.

If you literally clicked one more thing maybe you'd look less stupid

Dude, the first question refers to someone who is proving it is not (IT IS A THEORY)
b073a69fafbd50f777427edd0c80a711.png

literally, 1000s of other pages say it is infinite. I am done

And with this sudden burst of toxicity on this thread, im out. I dont really care for what happens to this verse. Someone count all the staff votes so we can see the consensus as of rn.

Then prove it. Prove that your statement proves OP to be hyperbolic or contradicting. Otherwise nothing proves it to be finite.
The burden on proof falls on them since they're making the original claim, they haven't shown anything that even remotely implies the word "endless" in that context meaning "infinite"

Dude, the first question refers to someone who is proving it is not (IT IS A THEORY)
b073a69fafbd50f777427edd0c80a711.png

literally, 1000s of other pages say it is infinite. I am done
Haivng infinite amounts of points does not make it infinite. You can divide any number into infinitely many points.

It does raise an issue of consistency here. If their attacks can only destroy the Glamour World and never the Universe, then it is possible it is just a weakness of the Glamour World and not to do with the AP of the attacks.
I’m neutral on this but this is, in my opinion, a terrible refutation. Any character that has Universe level AP would end up with the same question of “why can’t they consistently destroy the universe?” It’s a story thing, if BC characters went around nuking universes, the story would end. This is like asking why DBS Goku’s standard ki blasts don’t destroy the universe.

Is this meant to debunk my analysis on pi? Its decimal expansion is irrational and thus continues forever

No to prove others since people here need always scans and evidence of statements. Perhaps

Holy **** are you illiterate. Endless isn't necessairly finite, it is a property that just means "without start or end", both finite and infinite things can be endless.

If you literally clicked one more thing maybe you'd look less stupid

I can play this game too... but then this thread will be toxic. I don't advice anything other than light trolling.

Now onto the meat and potatoes.
The reason Circle is emdless is quite different than a say line or ray is endless or a 2D plane can be endless.
One is a 2D closed figure, other is open and extends outwards endlessly.
Any 3rd grader with basic geometrical knowledge will tell you why both shapes are different kinds of endless.

To apply Circle as a debunk is to 3D realms being infinite is fallacious as ****.

Luck being known for his sensory abilities is not in anyway sufficient enough proof that he is capable of sensing infinity. Luck just sensed that the place is extremely large. And the word "endless" doesn't mean infinite. Again you're going off speculation instead of hard core facts.
The word endless CAN mean Infinite. Already gone over this. And provided the context as to why this is the case.
It makes no sense to you therefore it's wrong?.
If Luck is using the definition of the world endless that you assume, upon what grounds does Magna have to say that it's impossible?
My analogy is correct. If you're in the middle of an ocean and can't see the end of something you'd think it's endless from your perspective but it doesn't change the nature or the size of the ocean now does it? Also "the biggest spell one can create" doesn't imply Infinity.
Your analogy is incorrect as I've shown.
You're just going off speculation analysis forgetting that endless doesn't mean infinite. If we are to conduct a little experiment, you place a hamster in a wheel and the hamster runs in one direction would the hamster ever get to the end? No. the hamster would conclude it's endless but does the conclusion affect the nature of the wheel not being infinite? This is proof that luck made his conclusion based on his own view and therefore isn't a credible source to be taken into consideration. The only person that is credible on this matter, that can truly say if the world is infinite or not is the creator of the glamour world herself and not luck. I don't recall her implying or saying anything about the glamour world being infinite.
Endless CAN mean infinite if the context follows. Which I've substantiated. Reve literally affirmed that Glamour World is infinite by her response to Luck and Magna
Another silly analysis from you... Creation feats are studied on case by case analysis. Dorothy unsworth's energy of creation of the glamour world hasn't been shown to be applicable to her other combat capabilities or anyone else's for that matter. Her power to create a pocket reality doesn't equate and neither is it treated as universal AP in verse. And the funny thing is that when yami destroyed it he used a haxed ability
Her combat abilities caused the Glamour World itself to collapse.

Yami destroyed it using a hax ability. Though now his death thrust, which isn't hax, scales above dimension Slash.

No to prove others since people here need always scans and evidence of statements. Perhaps
i dont think people really cared about pi outside of me since it doesnt really have anything to do with the thread tbh. Lets stop derailing.

The word endless CAN mean Infinite. Already gone over this. And provided the context as to why this is the case.
Just because it CAN doesn't mean it DOES. Your context of why that is the case is a person saying "The impossible is possible in this world" which makes 0 sense, and could literally mean anything. There is no explicit mention saying that it is infinite in size

To apply Circle as a debunk is to 3D realms being infinite is fallacious as ****.
I wasn't applying the Circle to a 3D realm, I was applying it to the definition of Endless and Infinite, aka without relation to the realm.

i dont think people really cared about pi outside of me since it doesnt really have anything to do with the thread tbh. Lets stop derailing.
I will stop derailing. But it is hilarious to see people thinking finite has no end as well. It's called finite for a reason that it has a limit and end. People complicate the term and make it superior. In our speech-language, no damn guy will say something that refers to infinite “infinite”, they simply use simpler word “endless”.

I’m neutral on this but this is, in my opinion, a terrible refutation. Any character that has Universe level AP would end up with the same question of “why can’t they consistently destroy the universe?” It’s a story thing, if BC characters went around nuking universes, the story would end. This is like asking why DBS Goku’s standard ki blasts don’t destroy the universe.
I'll do you one better. Kratos consistently shitcans his own kin who have the power to destroy the universe and have displayed it multiple times on-screen, yet he doesn't do so himself. He also fights against Hermes who has infinite speed for blitzing Helios's light which can illuminate the infinite sized underworld yet Kratos doesn't use that speed to jump to the top of Mount Olympus instantaneously. He can hold back Atlas well before being fully amped by the Power of the Titans, then shitcans Hades who stole Atlas' soul and became massively stronger since then, and then Kratos shitcans Cronos who is of near-equal strength, hell, even WoG says Kratos could do Atlas' job of holding up the Greek world yet on screen he's shown to "struggle" with chests, WoG explained why: THERE NEEDS TO BE DYNAMICS AND BALANCING WITHIN THE GAME OR ELSE IT BECOMES UNFUN

Or Dante who consistently fights against the likes of Nightmare and Mundus and Argosax who can all destroy/split/merge the Demon World (which is a 1-C structure) with the Human World (Which is a Low 2-C structure), yet Dante doesn't show feats of doing so himself consistently.

Narrative is a thing people. If they did all these things on-screen this consistently without restraint the game would be over before the real fun began.

Just because it CAN doesn't mean it DOES. Your context of why that is the case is a person saying "The impossible is possible in this world" which makes 0 sense, and could literally mean anything. There is no explicit mention saying that it is infinite in size
No, no, let's reverse the question to you, prove it “DOES NOT”, with shreds of evidence. Thanks, I am waiting

I'll do you one better. Kratos consistently shitcans his own kin who have the power to destroy the universe and have displayed it multiple times on-screen, yet he doesn't do so himself. He also fights against Hermes who has infinite speed for blitzing Helios's light which can illuminate the infinite sized underworld yet Kratos doesn't use that speed to jump to the top of Mount Olympus instantaneously. He can hold back Atlas well before being fully amped by the Power of the Titans, then shitcans Hades who stole Atlas' soul and became massively stronger since then, and then Kratos shitcans Cronos who is of near-equal strength, hell, even WoG says Kratos could do Atlas' job of holding up the Greek world yet on screen he's shown to "struggle" with chests, WoG explained why: THERE NEEDS TO BE DYNAMICS AND BALANCING WITHIN THE GAME OR ELSE IT BECOMES UNFUN

Or Dante who consistently fights against the likes of Nightmare and Mundus who can all destroy the Demon World which is a 1-C structure, yet Dante doesn't show feats of doing so himself consistently.

Narrative is a thing people. If they did all these things on-screen the game would be over before the real fun began.
How in the flying **** did we get to 1-C structures, Kratos and DBS Goku 💀💀💀💀💀💀

No, no, let's reverse the question to you, prove it “DOES NOT”, with shreds of evidence. Thanks, I am waiting
Why would I have to prove anything? The original claim is that it means infinite in size, with no proof that it really does other than it being called impossible and a character saying that impossible phenomena in the verse are possible which can literally mean anything and is too ambiguous to be used for deadset scaling.

Why would I have to prove anything? The original claim is that it means infinite in size, with no proof that it really does other than it being called impossible and a character saying that impossible phenomena in the verse are possible which can literally mean anything and is too ambiguous to be used for deadset scaling.
But brother, you also claimed that it can't be. So prove it with your claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back