• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #4

If we go by the illustration alone, Pseudo DxD doesn't have any noticeable damage. Maybe Tartarus has an annoying ability or an external powerup.

@Irekoz

Can you post the Roygun illustration? I didn't see it.

@Burning I think he said "Same for Roygun" in response to when you said Erebus got nothing. As in, saying that Roygun didn't get anything either.

Also, remember the armors can repair any damage, so even if Issei had been dealt damage by the battle it wouldn't be reflected on his armor.

Oh, I see.

That's true. Makes me wonder who Erebus fought if it's Issei vs Tartarus. Could be Balorias.

I hope Abyss Side Tobio doesn't struggle much to dispatch Gressil. It'd be cool if he low-diffs the guy.

Okay, what a damn shit just am I read.... I am quete dissapointed by AxA power up.... Nothing really interesting. Also this one AxA was limited in terms of power by some reason. So looks like its not full powered AxA.

Erebus was been defeat by Ise alone in P DxD G. And se is stronger than Nyx at least by feats alone. He could even temporary seal Ddraig manefistation.

Makes sense, if Issei could use AxA full power withouth restriction he would too powerfull for the rest of the verse and would one-shot everyone

AxA came too soon. Ishibumi should have put it in vol 6 for the Ratting Game against Indra

Indra's Rating Game in Volume 6? Are we really sure about that? I tho it was one Rating Game volume then one Hades' forces volume.

I am so dissapointed by AxA that I am about drope DxD LN.

Code:
Just for what this power up need?
Just for what Ishi hype this power up so much? It's nothing. Its trash. I hope this volume return me faith in DxD but this is worst volume in whole series

How can it be worse than Volume 14?

And exactly what's wrong with AxA? It's a mecha, Ishi likes mechas, I tho that was clear by this point.

Ishibumi said it was difficult to put Rias vs Vali and Issei vs Typhon in the same volume iirc, so we can say he's going to write their matches in separate volumes. If we add volumes for daily life stuff, the Indra match won't be in Vol 6.

Hey, I didn't particularly dislike Vol 14

I think it's just the depressing feeling that comes after you're so hyped for something. Many people were looking forward to AxA. Personally, I wanted it to be capable of controlling dreams to an extent.

I won't lie, I was disappointed by AxA being a mecha as I've never liked mecha stuff (for this reason, I don't like popular movies like Transformers). But I've already gotten over my disappointment and I'm hyped for this volume and subsequent volumes. I just like DxD too much to feel down for too long over something of this magnitude. It's just a powerup, doesn't negatively impact the overall plot and storyline in a significant manner.

Remember that time Ise became a giant to fight Jabberwocky? Well, as can be seen on the illustration, he's using AxA against Tartarus here, and boy he sure looks Eldritch.

Also, Volume 14 was boring as hell.

Eh, perhaps I don't feel disappointed due to a reverse effect. Since I didn't want any more power-ups in the first place, it don't feel bad if this one is underwhelming.

However, Ishibumi might get some fans upset if hype is not properly rewarded, so it was a tad risky for him.

Burning Full Fingers said:
About the illustration, is that a sword that the mech is holding?
In AxA form Ryuteimaru has 4 arms in each of it there are aura blades that called Apocalipse Ascalon.

But move name Revelation Blade

Nice. I just got a mental image of Issei imitating Mahabali and cutting off Indra's arm with his four arms, lol.

I wanted a special cannon blast that references Great Red's power like the black and red Infinity Blaster, but I guess "Revelation" may be a reference to Great Red being in the Book of Revelation.

Oh, that's good.

But if AxA isn't stronger than HD-class yet, that means Vali might surpass Ise for some time if his next powerup is stronger than Maouification.

Found these spoilers on animesuki and the DxD wiki, but cannot verify them.

Life 0: Drunk Rossweisse takes off her clothes and tries to do the same to Issei. She's using magic to bind him. Yasaka appears after meeting with Rias and Kunou, sees what's happening and puts Rossweisse to sleep. Then she tries to extract Issei's dragon seed, but was stopped by Kunou and Rias.
Seekvaria shows Issei that Ryuuteimaru has become smaller with weapons, and has a single seat cockpit.

Issei can channel Ascalon's power into his tail to make a new move called "Tail Blade".
Tartarus appears and wants to seal all the Longinus inside the Abyss (Rias describes it as a world without light) where they've become weakened.
issei, Ryuuteimaru and Ddraig defeat Tartarus

Balberith and Zeno go to Kyoto together for the Oppai Dragon event. Sun Wukong asked Zeno about the unknown devil attacks, but leaves after seeing Balberith giving away his Oppai Dragon figurines.
Balberith cries after giving away his Oppai Dragon figurines to kids

A member of Nebrios appears in Endgame. Hades, Angra Mainyu and Verrine decided to deal with DxD themselves. (Verrine wants to fight with Issei)

In VIP Meeting, Ajuka and Azazel discuss ExE(Eros Engine) which involves borrowing Eros' power and promoting Issei to Ultimate Class

Lmao, seems like Hades has finally had enough. The Verrine situation is a surprise though, wonder how Balberith would feel about that.

I'm confused about the ExE thing. Isn't it supposed to happen a couple of years in the future?

Who knows. They did say Issei would catch a "glimpse" of it, iirc. So maybe a glimpse now and the full thing for the future. Poor Hades. If he had decided to go all at once, they might at least have gotten Vali and Issei down. sadly, he suffers from the syndrome 90% of antagonist groups suffer and recovered too late, perhaps.

And I remember the alliance has Hades, Nyx, Tartarus, Erebus, and Angra Mainyu. If all are defeated, there's no ruler of hell to act as villains anymore, so I wonder what will happen. Maybe Malebranche, but Longinus possessors have yet to assemble.

In any case, I hope it's Mitsuya to fight next time instead of Tobio or another person. Makes sense since Hades and the rest were specifically talking about him.

The way Erebus was legitimately upset about Nyx's capture makes me think they were probably too confident in special abilities like Virgin Killer and Tartarus' sealing doing the job. He will be joining Nyx so it's all good. :)

I just considered Hades getting defeated and then dropping a hint about ExE to the DxD team. That would be interesting to see.

According to spoilers on animsuki

Revelation Barrier - basically just a very strong barrier around whole body. Tartarus attacks couldn't penetrate it.

Revelation Blade - in AxA form Ise has four arms with Aura Blade in each hand. This blades calling Apocalipse Ascalon. The upper and lower parts of Ryuuteimaru change and four arms appear with aura blades. Issei claim these blades as Apocalypse Ascalons. Arms move in accordance with Issei's thoughts.

Revelation All-Range Blaster - same as in Bishop Triania, CxC, DxD forms - finishing move. Aura bombardiment which is strong enough to blast away more than half of Tartarus body. Has infinity and dream

Me too

But I'm kinda disappointed, there's no connection between his powers and Great Red powers whereas it's supposed to be the manifestation of Great Red powers

Hope so

But I wonder, if AxA has the infinite like in True DxD (with the resistance to power nullification) or if it's just like Pseudo DxD

According to spoilers on animsuki

Its basically copypast my comment from eng dxd wiki... Okay.

Well now you should wait cause I lost all my interest to this volume and very upset about new power up. Don't wanna read it anymore.

Though I need to confirm some things about Revelation All-Range Blaster with my japanese sensei.

Well at least Revelation All-Range Blaster even in very limited state as powerfull as multiple infinity blasters. And Tartarus survive it (though lost half of body but regenerate)

Back