• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #4

I'm thinking we should wait for the TLs because he could be updated to 6-B with Revelation All-Range Blaster if it's as strong as multiple Infinity Blasters.

Let's wait for more spoilers, I'm also waiting for Tobio's part. There's other things like the new Hero Faction as well.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I'm thinking we should wait for the TLs because he could be updated to 6-B with Revelation All-Range Blaster if it's as strong as multiple Infinity Blasters.
þÀÅÕÉêþÜäÒü½∞ •ÒâûÒâ®Òé╣Òé┐Òâ╝õ¢òþÖ║ÕêåÒüÉÒéëÒüäÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒéôÒüáÒüôÒéîÒüºÒééÒâæÒâ»õ©ÇÒü»ÕêÂÚÖÉÒüùÒüƒÒü«Òü½!

About RAR Blaster

Guess I could try Google Translate for that, but it would probably show me something strange.

Just in case anyone else hasn't seen the latest round of spoilers from animesuki, I'll post it here (credit to the user Le Fay):

End Game

News about Darkness god Erebus and God of Tartarus Tartarus' defeat also reached a base of leaders of Hell, located in the lowest strata of Hell, Cocytus.

Erebus', who was accompanied by artificial devils Soneilon and Gresil, overbearing actions were stopped by DxD along with Tartarus who cooperated with Erebus.

A voice echoed from a huge monitor located before Hades' eyes.

[Seems like you received heavy damage.]

A processed voice. Monitor displayed no picture, only a voice was heard.

This voice belonged to...one of the six houses, that previously were close aides to the former Maou Lucifer, Nebiros. Nonetheless, even the Hades himself didn't know whether it was a blood relative of Nebiros or an affiliated researcher.

They were discussing an aftermath information with each other.

《Eventually, DxD\s fangs may reach you as well》

Hades said so suddenly.

[......Ha-ha-ha.]

A parched laughter came from the monitor.

Nebiros continued.

[That's rude.Satanael-dono, Shalba-sama and Rizevim-sama said the same thing. And to that, we simply gave them the same reply. Even if we are targeted by them, we'll just desperately run away. Even if they appear right before us, we'll provide the information they seek and will try to avoid fighting as much as possible. Well, in the first place, whether they'll be able to catch us or not is another story.]

《You seem calm》

[From the very start, we didn't show hostility towards them. We merely complied with requests of people that see them as enemies.]

Nebiros distinctly replied so.

《That's a researcher's opinion. They may not think so.》

[Even so, we don't think about openly going up against them like you people. For those who live in this world, DxD is a scary existence.]

《............》

It was obvious that "you people" implied Satanael, who was involved in establishment of Chaos Brigade, Shalbe, who was a central figure of Old Maou faction, Rizevim, who was a boss of a successor organization Qlippoth and included Hades with his leaders of Hell.

[----I wish you luck.]

Saying no more, Nebiros ended communication.

Hades once again thought about current incident...the battle in Kyoto.

Even though they disregarded cooperation, there were two primordial Gods who sided with Hades. There was nothing more to say about DxD which defeated them nonetheless.

Furthermore, hasn't Ophis also appeared? The embodiment of infinity, who was hiding in shadows up till now, finally came to light------. And on DxD's side----.

And adding up to this, Sekiryuutei powered-up even more at the last moment. That was what defeated Tartarus.

---So the world doesn't wish for us, but for them?

Such thoughts creep into Hades' heart.

No, he'd already thought about that before. Even still, because there were several Gods that shared his goal, he thought that they are enough, no, more than enough to be able to act as the World's protectors better than them.

(They may have assistance from Gods of various myths and Ophis, however it seems like Longinus possessors' growth far exceeds our imagination.)

A vision sitting at a round table----an existence giving of aura which was jet black, with chaotic hue, Zoroaster Evil God Angra Manyu voiced such opinion.

The words are, DxD as well as agents from various faction entered the Realm of the Dead and almost got control over it. It's just a matter of time before those people arrive here.

"if that's the case---"

Hades thought.

《----Next time I'll make a move.》

Upon Hades' words, Angra Manyu agreed.

(Very well. Then why don't I associate with you until the end.)

When the two made up their mind, someone else's voice intervened.

[Oh, I'll go too.]

The one who uttered so was Verrine appearing on the monitor for reporting. One of transcendental-class beings created by using the Mother of Devils, Lilith.

Hades said.

《Verrine. I do not mind if you stay out of this.》

Despite him saying so, Verrine smiled bitterly.

[I'll go. In any case, we won't be able to participate in the tournament anymore. Besides, I want to fight with the Two Heavenly Dragon with whom Balberith is so engrossed...with Sekiryuutei. If he's unbelievably strong against women, I'd like to know how far i can get.]

《...If so, do as you wish. And I'll have you continue following the aforementioned object.》

[Of course.]

After that communication with Verrine got cut off.

A battle between leaders of Hell----Hades and anti-terrorist team DxD is reaching it's last stage.

After that the battle against leaders of Hell and Dxd will be called {Hell Disaster] and will be talked about along with [Demonic Beast Riot] and {Evil Dragons War].
This made me pity Hades a bit. Let's hope he goes out with a good fight. I believe the object Verrine is following is one of the ULs from Volume 2.

Also nice to see Satanel being mentioned.

For the translation: Issei is saying that even though the power is limited, there are so many blasters on him now implying that there is a bit of power in them.

As for Hades, I think it's clear that he's going to go down with his ship and he knows it

I ask Le Fay to translate line about All-Range blaster being as strong as multiple Infinity Blasters in limited stated.

Also Ishi in afterword written that AxA is in strongest class among whole series in terms of firepower and defense.

Just finish reading chapter Life. Heroes

It's about Cao Cao, Jeanne, Heracles, Perseus and Lint fought Sonneilon group of artificial devils.

Sonneilon power is above ultimate class and reach Satan class. And his special ability called "Crush". It allow him litteraly compress things (not like Vali abilities).

Perseus balance breaker made medusa head on his shield jump out and fly, also became bigger and petrificate entire groups of devils. Plus his sword turn to snake relief and boil with evil aura. Those who being slashed by this sword covered with medusa aura also petrificate.

Cao Cao trashed Sonneilon in 1 vs 1. Also he said that the only one who could beat his balance breaker is God class and incarnation of mirale (I believe he mean Issei)

Nice, thanks for the info.

I'm a bit surprised that Sonneillon has a special ability, I got the feeling that he and Gressil would have just raw power.

I hope Verrine will get one as well.

So Gressil's ability is essentially Reactive Evolution, can evolve and gain resistances to abilities after experiencing them once on top of constantly growing stronger.

It's good for the protagonists that he was killed in this volume.

Sad for poor Gressil, he had the worst luck ever by drawing Tobio as his opponent. Only few people other than him could have done well against Gressil.

Gresil ability called "Resistance" (ÞÇɵǺ). He like Askin from Bleach. And Tobio deal with him same way as Yoruichi from bleach. Tobio finish him off with two scythes covered by red-black cursed flame of Ame-no Ohabari.

"Distorted. Not a wolf, not a dog, but a false god" (line from Shin 3)

His sacred gear after all is distorted union of Lykaon - anscestor of werewolfs and King of Arcadia + Ame-no Ohabari - strongest japanese sacred sword that killed Kagutsuchi, japanese fire god.

Sonneilon is good agains straitforward attacks but weak agains tehnique type. Cao Cao is his worst possible opponent

Tobio's sustained hype continues. Now, just one more thing is needed for complete satisfaction. (*cough* Abyss Side Tobio and Jin vs DxD L Vali and Fenrir *cough*)

I'd love to see how Cao Cao would do against other good technique types like Wukong.

Next Volume would be last battle agains Leaders of Hell. Hades, Angra-Mainyu and Verrine. (Angra is most likely Tartarus level and Tartarus survive Ise limited AxA Blaster which is as strong as many Infinity Blasters)

I also like how Ishibumi is making several additions to the original top ten list. It could be more boring and predictable if we knew exactly how these fights would go in advance.

So Hades might be stronger than we thought? As I don't think he should be weaker than Tartarus as the leader of the alliance. Still, I don't think that Hades would be HD-class.

Even if Hades himself is not HD-class, there's always ways to make a character, even a god, stronger. We can see this with Vidar. For all we know, Hades might rely on the Malebranche or Samael (as you said) to get an increase to his ability if required. Or do some combo with Angra Mainyu too.

Lol, I just imagined a Samael armour. Although I'm not sure that's possible since it's technically a fallen angel.

Well, things are starting to pick up so I hope for something on Alphecca Tyrant in the next volume.

Yeah. Angra Mainyu is looking like the most realistic match-up if that happens, though he most likely wants a shot at Issei.

Same as Verrine.

Also Vali, Sairaog and Crom would be active in Shin 4, so I believe they defently would engage in fights agains rest of Leaders of Hell

I think Ishibumi would write it in the same way as Vol 24, where Vali has his match against Wukong and the other DxD members fight Hades and his group.

I hope we can see a bit of the other matches in the brackets, or at least the results. Lots of fights to look forward to :)

Irekoz said:
With Issei fighting Hades, maybe Issei'll have death manip resistance
I thought Hades' control over death is connected to the soul manipulation? Iirc, the first time Issei was in Hades' presence, he said he felt like his soul was being gripped.

At least I believe it star or celestial body. Ishibumi when talk about planet use more specific kanji: Õ£░þÉâ - Earth, or ÕåÑþòî - Underworld, or Heavens - Õñ®þòî.

And in case with Longinus "Star Buster Star Blaster" for kanji he use µÿƒþáòÕëúÒü¿µÿƒþ®┐Úèâ (translated as "Star Crushing Sword and Star Percing Rifle)

Rias mean potentional future AxA. Azazel already propose method for better control of AxA. Borrowing power of primodial God of love and Sex - Eros to create power sourse. He called it Eros Engine. And mention in afterword that AxA still has hidden weapon and already in strongest class on entire series in terms of firepower and defense and if Ise has True DxD G and Eros Engine for AxA he would be too overpowered

The curveball here is ExE being capable of a combination with AxA, which indeed would be overpowered in terms of sheer strength and defense. All other things have been foreshadowed.

Chosen Breasts are guaranteed or all the scenes with Chichigami so far would be a waste. It also perfectly suits Issei's thing from the beginning about getting power from breasts.

But it'd probably be a situational thing and not something he could use just any time. The real question is how our dude Vali would keep up, and people have mentioned the 12 Malebranche to mirror the 12 Chosen Breasts and also untapped power from Lilith.

My only remaining hope is that Azazel mentioned ExE as a way to control Ryuuteimaru, and not a power-up per se, and Heavenly/Chosen Breasts are vague enough. But if they end up being power ups it will truly feel like a punch in the gut on the level of the Ultra Instinct transformation bs. I might have to get ready to drop DxD, provisionally.

The Vali stuff is that his personality and aspiration is getting strong only with the abilities he was born with, so basically his Divine Dividing and the demonic power of Lucifer. Malebranche and Lilith power would contradict that and feel really cheap and undermining Vali's character.

The one that makes me feel a bit unreceptive is the potential ExE + AxA combination as it just feels too strong, lol. I don't mind the rest since they've been hinted in advance, but I'm pretty sure ExE was meant to be a powerup from the first time it was mentioned. So ExE could double as both a stat boost and a method to control Ryuuteimaru.

Something that's been on my mind, how good of a fight do you guys feel Kiba would give Vali? Since Vali has comparable speed feats to Kiba, he wouldn't be badly out paced like Issei.

Just saw that Ruruko could be faster than Kiba lol

Vali's speed feats have been compared to Yuuto in previous forms, however, not currently. I don't know which one is faster in DxD L and Abyss Side respectively, but DxD L should at least be as fast as PDxD. In that case, I think Vali would win since he can limit Yuuto's movement, his strongest asset, with Half Dimension, and if Yuuto can't dodge he's screwed. I think Vali is way more suited to fighting him than Issei was, to the level of almost being a straight up counter. But this is due to affinity and not due to specs per se.

The Ruruko thing might just mean faster than base Yuuto, without his super thrusters.

Yeah, that's what I think. I just found it a bit funny as I thought Kiba would actually be faster than her BxB without his thrusters.

I like how it's time based as well. Always been disappointed that the time acceleration SG user mentioned by Cao Cao never made an appearance.

To think we would see a 1-piece Pawn become faster than CxC, and even possibly faster than the Knight ace Yuuto...

Other than that, a topic that was brought up a few months ago in reddit but I didn't get the chance to talk about it here. Who do you guys think would win in a Balor Rias vs BtB Sairaorg?

Back