• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #4

Irekoz said:
What's wrong with the manga translation ?
Well I also finish my translation (not on english) and I could say that half of phrases in manga version are just its cropped version from LN version and to translate them correctly you should know LN. What about that one? Hmm. They even write name of those who draw manga wrong. And its written by hiragana - the most basic thing in learning japanese.

So the "Sakurage" was not a new pen name for Kikurage? I thought it was a new pen name since Kikurage can be related to his doujin work.

Aside from that, I didn't see any particular problems in the translations that would need any DxDU knowledge. There was no references yet, and no terminology either. All around it seemed like a pretty standard translation, even when comparing the lines that did make it to their JeruTz LN translation counterparts.

Sad that the part with Tobio and Natsume having food together didn't make it to the manga... But Best Girl still had an amazing showing.

Damn >_>

But there's still hope for another translator since Yen Press licensed only the original series.

Demonicjester01 said:
Sad that the part with Tobio and Natsume having food together didn't make it to the manga... But Best Girl still had an amazing showing.
Yeah, guess it's too much to ask for all scenes to be included.

I think you mean Lavinia, but close enough.

Also puppy Jin is so cute.

We can only hope for 3zx took chapters that Leo not translate. The good thing is Le Fay already translated last short chapters on animesuki long time ago. They only need finish:

Second Graders

Life. Heroes

SLASH DOG

Fan

Life 4

New Life

I pray so, especially since Vol 4 is in less than two months and it's apparently the longest volume in DxD so a new translator would already have their hands full with just that volume.

Would Issei get upgraded from volume 3, I'm waiting for the novels to get ahead a few volumes, so shin is on hold for me, I seem to remember somebody said Issei was going to destroy the earth, if his attack hit.

Vampire Vamp said:
Would Issei get upgraded from volume 3, I'm waiting for the novels to get ahead a few volumes, so shin is on hold for me, I seem to remember somebody said Issei was going to destroy the earth, if his attack hit.
In Vol 3, he gets a new form by fusing with Ryuuteimaru. Ddraig and Rias say his form has the power to destroy planets

Burning Full Fingers said:
I pray so, especially since Vol 4 is in less than two months and it's apparently the longest volume in DxD so a new translator would already have their hands full with just that volume.
Wow, longer than Volume 21? That one felt eternal. And yeah, I warned you YP would screw us over but nobody listens to me >.>

The Portuguese translation says pretty much the same thing as what Vergil posted above. Given how the statements were emphasized repeatedly and the seriousness of the atmosphere (Ravel even said they received a warning that Ise shouldn't fight seriously in AxA), I don't see a serious argument for hyperbole this time.

Ise was also pretty worried about its power, and there's no concrete argument for overtime destruction for now since they finally said one attack:

"If you can fire a blast that destroys the planet...something like that can't be fired so easily, because everything will be over."

And no surface destruction argument either:

Ddraig: But, if you destroy the planet, you win.

Ise: I'll die too if the planet is gone, dammnit!

It's much more explicit than any of the other statements.

So I'd suggest "6-B, possibly 5-B" for the god tiers. If it's accepted but Ishibumi does a retcon, we can just downgrade them. No big deal.

I'm confused, how so? His page only lists up to True DxD / his stats as of Vol 2, which is much weaker than what his peak would be.

Vampire Vamp said:
Imagine if he combined true dxd with AxA

Combination of Ryuuteimaru and great red
True DxD + complete Ryuuteimaru should be Dragon God-class since it's the manifestation of both Ophis and Great Red's powers.

Pseudo DxD + incomplete Ryuuteimaru is already among the highest class of firepower and defense in the series.

EoS he should be stronger than Great Red and Ophis since he will have to fight Melvazoa who is far stronger than them. If the planet statement is valid for AxA, I think EoS he will be something like large planet or star at best

I'm confused, how so? His page only lists up to True DxD / his stats as of Vol 2, which is much weaker than what his peak would be.
You said yourself, his page lists even beyond EoS. EoS Ise was Low 6-B. And why do you mention his peak?

I don't think the setting allows for anything above planetary power at most; the god tiers are only portrayed as planetary threats so far. But if Ishibumi sticks to the thing about AxA having enough power to one-shot the planet, then there's a small chance for something above that.

The options I can think of are:

1. Strongest characters get concrete statements of wiping out all of the mythological worlds with one attack.

2. Ishibumi incorporates the non-canon stuff about Great Red and the dimensional gap into canon.

3. Somehow, we finally get lots of information about God. Remember how some people stretch the "Innovate Clear can imitate God and create a fake universe" statement to absurdly high levels? Maybe they'd actually say God created the human world and Heaven.

I seriously doubt any of those would happen though. I think they'd get planet busting statements at best, but I don't mind too much if Ishibumi goes crazy (within reason ofc) and proves me wrong lol.

Ishibumi said he will combine True DxD, AxA and ExE and it will be terrifying

He say nothing about that.

He say: 'if Ise has True Dragon Deification (+Eros Engine for AxA)...." Nothing about ExE

"Innovate Clear can imitate God and create a fake universe" statement to absurdly high levels?

That's just miss translation. It's more like : "Artificially create world". (þûæõ╝╝þÜäÒü¬Õñ®Õ£░ÕëÁÚÇá)

Great Red and the dimensional gap

Actually it was stated that Great Red keep Space between Dimension's stable and that if someone malevolent took it he could greatlly affect ALL worlds and bring chaos. So I could say that Ophis and Great Red in SbD could actually do something like massive warp that affect all worlds.

So does anyone have any random idea about Vali's powerup? I feel like he'd be stronger than incomplete AxA.

Ionliosite said:
You said yourself, his page lists even beyond EoS. EoS Ise was Low 6-B. And why do you mention his peak?
Are you referring to Volume 25? If so, that's not what people mean when they talk about EoS Ise, at least that's not what came to mind. Vamp was asking about the power levels as of the end of Shin DxD.

@Vergil

Okay, that makes sense.

Yeah, that's possible but Ishibumi hasn't given better clarification on that, unfortunately.

ExE is Eros Engine for AxA

Any proof for that? Ishi never put Eros Engine as ExE. ExE - form, Eros Engine - method to better control of Ryuteimaru.

So does anyone have any random idea about Vali's powerup?

Not at all. Though I predict form of DxD L 3 years before volume 21 is come out as it's logical, but now I have no any logical ideas. Only theory like some kind of Lilith (his Grandma) power up, or maybe it would be upgrade for DxD L, like Vegeta SSBE

Maybe we can see Eros Engine as a kind of "pseudo ExE". Before Vol 3, I thought ExE would be connected with the 12 CHB.

In any case, we'll see eventually

Are you referring to Volume 25? If so, that's not what people mean when they talk about EoS Ise, at least that's not what came to mind. Vamp was asking about the power levels as of the end of Shin DxD.
Of course I'm talking about Volume 25, that's the end of the original DxD series according to Ishibumi on the afterword of that very same volume. If was asking for End of Shin, he should have been clearer.

Forgot to ask about this before; shouldn't we update Kiba to 6-C with Gram since it could have seriously damaged a Maou-class Sonneillon?

Forgot to ask about this before; shouldn't we update Kiba to 6-C with Gram since it could have seriously damaged a Maou-class Sonneillon?
With their limiters put on, but maybe we should as even if it's plot armors he still be able to do something little to P DxD G.

Gressil was Maou-class with the limiter on, so yeah, it's fair for Kiba.

I'll update when I make pages for the Volume 3 antagonists.

@Vergil Lucifer CxC Issei even before being Maou-class could damage Crom Cruach with Ascalon. It's not plot armor that Yuuto can harm him with Gram, and if anything, it would have been more fitting for it to do more damage to the armor than it did considering what a weaker dragon slayer did to a stronger opponent.

So, Lint surprisingly takes the Vol 4 cover. For all the theory crafting people have done for this volume, no one could have predicted this one, lol. Now I wouldn't be surprised if Roygun takes the next cover rather than Ravel.

Since it's Lint, maybe we will finally see the state change ability of her subspecies.

So, Lint surprisingly takes the Vol 4 cover. For all the theory crafting people have done for this volume, no one could have predicted this one, lol. Now I wouldn't be surprised if Roygun takes the next cover rather than Ravel.
Since it's Lint, maybe we will finally see the state change ability of her subspecies.
Well I only say that it wouldn't be Le Fay cover since she was on it in DX.5 that publish recently and it's just commercial things.

Back