• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High godly regen and True godly regen should be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my proposal:

Low-Godly: Regenerating from the complete destruction of your body via your mind or soul.

Mid-Godly: Regenerating from the erasure of your body, mind and soul. At a higher end, regenerating from conceptual erasure on a type 3 level.

High-Godly: Regenerating from conceptual erasure on a type 2 level.

True Godly: Regenerating from erasure on a scale which goes beyond the confines of dimensional existence.

I would appreciate some input from other staff members.

KingPin0422 said:
Here's my proposal:
Low-Godly: Regenerating from the complete destruction of your body via your mind or soul.

Mid-Godly: Regenerating from the erasure of your body, mind and soul. At a higher end, regenerating from conceptual erasure on a type 3 level.

High-Godly: Regenerating from conceptual erasure on a type 2 level.

True Godly: Regenerating from erasure on a scale which goes beyond the confines of dimensional existence.
What about regenerating from type 4 conceptual erasure?

Type 4 doesn't physically erase you, you just can't be percieved by anyone anymore

He doesn't have EE resistance, he has Mid-Godly Regenerationn. In the manga, Goku's Hakai was working on him, but it's stated later on by Beerus that he would have rematerialized. He's not resistant to it he can just come back from it making it pointless. That didn't happen when the multiverse got destroyed, so either Zeno's Erasure has Immortality or Regenerationn Negation or he can't come back from both being erased and having reality destroyed. Zeno doesn't have those listed, so I'm forced to go with the latter for now. Your rebuttal?

I will just mention this, taking a specific series and highlighting how things occured in that specific series is not proof of anything regarding how things should operate in general

If you want to show that the current definition of high godly is valid show it through points that would apply equally to all fictional verses, just pointing out what dragon ball did doesn't prove anything

Yeah speaking for the wiki in general, Frieza, if you could speak generally and not in regards purely to Dragon Ball, that would be appreciated.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
My example covers that. The infinite dimesnional being erased every dimension below the 24th. He reduced them all to true nothingness. Nothing is left but a complete void, a chasm of darkness, and abyss of just nothing. There is no longer a 3rd dimension, or a 4th dimension. everything below the 24th dimension is gone. There is nothing. Absoultely nothing anyone can do. There is nothing that can be done to bring back every dimension that was erased. Were talking perma deleted from existence. There is no way to bring them back to life.
If a 3D being regen's from that erasure. That is considered High Godly by the current definetion. However, how can he regen when there is no 3rd dimension left as i elaborated above? He had to of regenerated from something "beyond the concept of dimensions." Because his level of existence was erased. His dimension that bounded his existence is gone..

That is again, assuming i understood the current definition correctly as many helped elaborate upon it above...
????????

Inverted Tempest said:
By the current standards, High-Godly would already allow you to come back from Non-Existence Erasure on reality scales.
That's not always the case. For example Swamp Thing (Classic) has High-Godly. But there's nothing to suggest he can regenerate from Conceptual erasure. We can't just assume stuff

Amexim said:
@Jack

You kinda restated everything I said up until True Godly, but High Godly in my mind isn't limited to concepts but "whatever is left to regenerate the being" that is independent of their consciousness, and True Godly of the Level you're describing is literally only stoppable by Tier 0. Which conflict with the very presence of 1-A's, right? Two Omnipotent beings can't fight.
True-Godly can be no selled by a 1-A who's sufficiently above baseline. For example Haju or Nyarlathotep (Cthulhu Mythos) doesn't give a f about the True-Godly of Vivec

So are there no levels of Regenerationn that would be superior to their power? How do we account for characters like those?

Even True-Godly can be bypassed with the right hax. When having a fight with a character with it, it's important to compare the haxes of each character. How harder it is to bypass depends on the resistances they have.

A True Godly character with resistance to Death Manip, Void Manip, Sealing, BFR, Power Null, True Godly Regen Negation, Sleep Manip, Transmutation, Absorption, Mind Control, Soul Manip/Exchange, and Petrification should be completely invincible to everything except a Tier 0. Lower Tier 0s like Featherine Augustus Aurora and Yog-Sothoth (Cthulhu Mythos) can only be defeated by higher Tier 0s like The Creator (Umineko no Naku Koro ni) and Azathoth (Cthulhu Mythos). Higher Tier 0s like them are undefeatable.

I have not read everything but my own 2 cents is, high godly should be about not only regenerating your mind, body, and soul but even YOUR OWN concept/reality not so much depending on a setting anymore but needing your own definition/identity. Instead of focusing on even if the dimension you were on were destroyed, aka the setting, being emphasized, the ability to recreate your own concept/reality should be emphasized. It would possibly be defined as conceptual/reality manipulation sure but exclusively for regen purposes.

Mid-godly should just be recovering your mind, body, and soul but still dependant on their concept/reality not being destroyed, If that makes sense.

And I could be wrong but not really feeling true godly personally.

Okay but Mid-godly is still for people who can regenerate after their concepts have been destroyed. Sailor Moon characters are midgodly for regenerating after their concepts(starseeds) were destroyed. They're not high godly because their reality wasn't destroyed. That's the difference between the two.

Regenerating from nothing is mid godly. Regenerating from nothing while your reality is destroyed is high godly. Pachi is saying that your reality being destroyed has no bearing on the ability to regenerate.

If I would put it short: Mid-Godly for those that can regen after both its physical and immaterial essence was erased/destroyed. While High-Godly is regen after complete annihilation/destruction at any existential level (To get an idea, regenerating from this). If its considered the same, then just merge them.

Define immaterial essence, because you can call an existential level of existence to be an immaterial essence. So it might be best to just merge the two if were going that path. (If were gonna merge the two lets call low-godly, lower godly regen and the merged one, upper godly regen)

Also,you can't regen from that power you listed or that power wouldn't be that power :p

Immaterial essence could be the mind, spirit, soul, but yes is pretty similar to the other type except by the part that it involve other other existances.

Power has an opposite, Absolute Recreation, that may or not "regen" from that. Also, the power was an example.

Antoniofer said:
While High-Godly is regen after complete annihilation/destruction at any existential level (To get an idea, regenerating from this). If its considered the same, then just merge them.
You're making it sound way more OP than it really is lol. The problem with High-Godly is that it can't really save you from Type 2 Conceptual manipulation. Also there's lot of characters who has never shown Regen from conceptual or non existence erasure. But is given High-Godly just like that because they have survived dimensional collapse

Antvasima said:
So what are the conclusions here?
There seems to be a lot of confusion of what High Godly is with the current standard of the wiki. I think at the very least a rewording or detailed elaboration is needed, but I think this discussion might need moved to the staff forum thingy considering how forgotten it is....

I also see a few issues with high godly with it's current standard that my question hasn't been answer when I learned what it was...

The examples people gave above by staff were somewhat confusing until Paul frank helped me understand it, but ince I understood it.... I saw a few issues that I asked questions about... But not addressed...

But overall, a lot of confusion on the current wording, and this should probably be moved to staff forum...

At this point there is no conclusion, some want to get rid of the Regens higher than Mid-Godly, some just want to revise their definitions and a few want no change.

@PsychoWarper

Okay. Hopefully some staff members can try to organise this.

It isn't a matter of organization so much as everyone having their own idea on what it should be. Most have said their piece, it looks like.

That could do. As it stands the thread itself has been sorta talked into a corner and several side-tangents (as we do always), but a poll could be organized enough.

It is probably best if the staff members try to reach a consensus instead, at least if you mean a poll that anybody can participate in, like in our front page.

Perhaps somebody could check through the staff member posts and list who supports what solution?

I've got an idea. Why not simply add teh ability to also regen from beyond nonexistence to high Godly?

It be kind of an NLF if everyone with mid Godly could regen from getting erased along with their reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back