• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament Match 5 (Adam Taurus vs Entoma Vasilissa Zeta)

@Pen We've already discussed that her normal webbing wouldnt be useful due to his ability to dodge, cut, or burn it and her razor webbing, while more useful, wouldnt deter him much more

Blinding him wouldnt make much of a difference as he can fight while blinded (One of his fights literally had him wearing a blindfold in place of his mask) and they bugs cant get inside him until his aura goes down

He's used to fighting with explosions going off around him, he was one of the main assault units of the White Fang

The centipede would just give him a fast way to amp his semblance

Because of rwby going more in depth with aura, we know now that aura needs to be engaged. Characters are able to eat because their aura isn't engaged at the time and thus doesn't block it.

Yes so do me the favor of assuming I mean the actual relevant webbing she'll be using after her first attempt fails. (The webbings are produced the same way she can use one just as readily as the other)

The centipede doesn't just attack it also wraps around your body to constrict. How does he fight while blindfolded by the way? Can he hear really well or something? Or is it one of those Im just that cool dumb things?

I mentioned the explosions because it would push him back. She still has the electricicty advatage here unless we assume that effect means he's immune to electricity.

Mkay, just making sure we're on the same page is all

What is its lifting strength? It would have to be stronger than him in order to constrict him, also i thought you said that even 8-Cs could kill it? As for the second question its a mix of the enhanced senses that all faunus have and aura-enhanced perception.

Yes but at the same time they would also be charging his semblance, plus he fought Yang so...

Fair

Not quantifiable so he should easily escape, the 8cs easily killed her low level summons, the centipede is higher level and far stronger. Though it is also equipment, she weilds it on her left arm as a whip that can wrap around and throw/crush opponents.

I just meant she could use the explosions to create distance, she can also fly and has her bullet bug and thunderbird talismans.

I feel his preception may struggle with the bugs buzzing in his ears and eyes.

Ah okay, though as his lifting strength is higher than hers, her being able to crush or ragdoll him is also not very likely to happen, and he could also take advantage of that against her to pull her into melee range

Ah okay, though Adam still has his ranged options so flight isnt a guaranteed way for her to win. What is bullet bug?

She wouldn't be able to ragdoll him but hes going ot have to break free from the centipedes grasp buying her time, if he tries to pull her into melee with the bug she'll just let it go and throw out her electric attacks.

Its her filling her sleve with incredibly fast and tough bugs that fly from her sleeve like bullets. unlike the swarm thing these bugs function like real bullets dieing and fragmenting on impact.

Wouldnt she lose use of that weapon if she does?

Ah okay, good thing Adam is a savant of blocking bullets with his sword lol

Yeah but she could always just summon another, its not really a big deal to her.

But can he do it when he's stunned by electricity, wrapped in razor webbing, struggling out of a centipedes grasp, and blinded and defeaned by the swarm of insects.

(sorta wish we could put this on hold until the ap thing is settled for the 3.5 calc but the tournament must go on)

Okay question about the razor webbing, it is adhesive like her normal web or just sharp? If its not adhesive i dont really see why Adam couldnt just break out of it

Also that's if he manages to get caught by the centipede

Also also does she lead with Breath of Fly? From the video you posted earlier it seems like she doesnt, which gives more backing to Adam having enough of an amp to release an energy wave that would wipe out her attack if she tried to use it. Also again being blinded isnt much of a deterrent to his fighting.

Its meant to wrap around whatever it hits beyond that cant say, its likely going to be easy enough for him to pull it apart, its just another distraction that will drain his aura.

Fair

She doesn't lead with it but it was her first move against evil eye iirc, the two people she was fighting before evil eye were far weaker then her and thus she didn't have a reason to use it. Adam is strong enough that she'll take him seriously especially after he oneshots her test summons. Also she can use fly breath three times him wiping out one swarm doesn't really matter.

i don't see Adam letting them attack him, so even the fact he'll kill them means she knows he's at least somewhat comparable

@Pen But by SBA she wouldnt be in range to use her centipede, its only tens of meters long whereas theyre starting a few hundred meters apart

@Apeir Just blocking their attacks would give him some charge, just two bullets from someone weaker than himself was enough of a charge to let him oneshot Volume 3 Yang

WeeklyBattles said:
@Pen But by SBA she wouldnt be in range to use her centipede, its only tens of meters long whereas theyre starting a few hundred meters apart
the centipede is also a living creature, so it'll move on it's own

if they're starting so far apart, that gives Entoma time to buff herself a little more, and maybe even summon an insect to help her fly

WeeklyBattles said:
Lakyus (3.57 tons) < Evileye < Entoma
this scaling chain doesn't reflect that Evileye completely outclasses Lakyus, and that Entoma was relatively unnafected by Evileye's magic which wasn't Vermin Bane

Apeironaxim said:
this scaling chain doesn't reflect that Evileye completely outclasses Lakyus, and that Entoma was relatively unnafected by Evileye's magic which wasn't Vermin Bane
In the same vein, Tyrian completely outclasses the baseline High 8-Cs and was undamaged by Nora Valkyrie amped by electricity, even going so far as to literally laugh off her strongest attack. Qrow is equal to him, Volume 6 Yang and Blake are qeual to Qrow, and Adam manhandled them.

Well technically, evileye is above lakyus when lakyus is working together with blue rose (four other adventurers of equal strength to her) and another adventurer stronger then any of the five individually. Even with all them working together they could only fight evil eye due to her unwillingness to kill them and her lack of motivation to win.

@Pen

"Its meant to wrap around whatever it hits beyond that cant say, its likely going to be easy enough for him to pull it apart, its just another distraction that will drain his aura. "

This is what i was referring to, sorry for the confusion

WeeklyBattles said:
@Pen
"Its meant to wrap around whatever it hits beyond that cant say, its likely going to be easy enough for him to pull it apart, its just another distraction that will drain his aura. "

This is what i was referring to, sorry for the confusion
Lol I was reffering to her razor webbing and adam breaking though it :p Sorry for the confusion!

i still see the continuous stuns being too much, especially since they last for a bit

but since there's a lot that seems to go into this battle with the circumstances, i could also see an incon

Ill just throw out dmua seems to have accepted the six ton variant of the calc so entoma now scales above evileye who scales massivly above lakyus who preformed the six ton feat. I have some serious doubts he can oneshot at this point.

Looking at adams amp Im sorta confused though he amps to four times his ap, he cant be that high above baseline natrually or he'd be pushed over the edge into 8b. If he's half high 8c natrually he would be 8b via amps. Even if he's only one ton over baseline natrually his amps would push him into 8b

Looking at the profiles, aren't the people she scales above only High 8-C via magic? Why does she scale physically?

Because she can fight evileye and is superior to her. Evileye can fight five of them, with the aid of a magic caster thats stronger then all five of them and win. Theyre not high 8 c via magic but also via skills. Warriors and mages in overlord are directly comparable. (Unlike dnd where the warriors become redudant)

Sorry probably not the best person to explain Im a bit fried at the moment. The point is evileye with her magic could only really harm entoma with her insectcide magic, the rest of her magic and ablities were minimally effective (Due to her armor and equpiment that buffs her dura). Evileye can tank attacks from blue rose, the team of five adamantite class advantueres and come out on top even when they have outside help.

Back