• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament Match 5 (Adam Taurus vs Entoma Vasilissa Zeta)

Ill be back tomorrow to argue this further, Id appreciate if someone could explain this to me

Looking at adams amp Im sorta confused he amps to four times his ap, he cant be that high above baseline natrually or he'd be pushed over the edge into 8b. If he's half high 8c naturally he would be 8b via amps. Even if he's only one ton over baseline naturally his amps would push him into 8b. As he currently is he can't be above baseline naturally without his amps pushing him to 8b.

But...if he's like in the middle of High 8-C, then math would tell you he would be 8-B

What's the problem here that makes people think otherwise?

Apeironaxim said:
has Adam ever absorbed electricity, let alone magic electricity?
He absorbed the ginormous LASER BEAM from the spider droid without an issue. He absorbs energy in general which electricity has or is consisted of.

"Energy, in physics, the capacity for doing work. It may exist in potential, kinetic, thermal, electrical, chemical, nuclear, or other various forms. There are, moreover, heat and work—i.e., energy in the process of transfer from one body to another."

- From the Britannica dictionary.

So you use electricity on him and you're giving him ammunition.

Apeironaxim said:
But...if he's like in the middle of High 8-C, then math would tell you he would be 8-B

What's the problem here that makes people think otherwise?
Your guess is as good as mine boyo, him and yang would both be 8-B at max woth their amps

Ive called dragoo to see if he can help clear this up (I think he had to do with that decision and if not his knowledge on rwby should help us) a bit, but now I need sleep. Praying for it not to be fra trained before I can come back :p

Apeironaxim said:
Still not gonna stop him from getting stunned
It's annoying that people seem to forget that just because you have a power that doesn't automatically mean they are going to hit. Adam is an expert in swordsmanship that 2 v 1 Blake and Yang. He blocks ranged attacks constantly and does like a "sword twirl" (ok I make it sound dumb but whatever) which blocks incoming projectiles. Could also be used to cut down the insects.

I mean he's SKILLED. Entoma isn't a close quarters fighter either so if he gets up close she's screwed.

Thunderbird will discharge on impact with the sword and cover his body in electricity, which afaik stuns RWBY characters

Okay, correction about that because people don't seem to understand, it does protect from ELECTRICITY, it just does not protect from the sensation of being electrocuted

Apeironaxim said:
Thunderbird will discharge on impact with the sword and cover his body in electricity, which afaik stuns RWBY characters
https://youtu.be/DEio2ELdJ5Q 2:10

So? It gets absorbed. From something large to small. Clearly the laser beam is wider in width than the blade yet the beam isn't going past the blade because the whole laser is being absorbed.

And about Entoma's talismans. Aren't those just items? That means those are limited use only. She doesn't have that many for a prolonged fight.

And last point because I need to sleep.

When Entoma used the lightning against one of the twins of Blue Rose she was only briefly stunned and harmed. So even if it DOES go through it's not detrimental. His aura will keep him unharmed (the damage she received was barely anything considering she was jumping about and acted like not much happened, she did have burns though), he WILL feel the electricity and it's effect however. He'll get stunned but seeing how the twin was not stunned for much I doubt Adam will get stunned for much longer if at all considering Aura is there to protect and heal him as well.

WeeklyBattles said:
He should be 8-B with his amps, you are correct. Unfortunately some people think otherwise
We don't award higher tiers from scaling-chains from baseline, and had a thread or two on this, iirc.

Adam would need a calc at High 8-C+ or higher for us to award him a higher tier, as the "stronger than" scaling demonstrations aren't quantifiable.

So we can't really say he's anything other than "very well above baseline High 8-C". If it's so high that he's OOMs above baseline High 8-C but we don't have definitive ideas of how far above, he'd be more properly tiered at Unknown.

The idea that adam wouldnt be .5x stronger than baseline with the massive scaling chain he has is rather ludicrous

WeeklyBattles said:
But we DO allow higher tiers for scaling chains from baseline
Under strict conditions, and not from baseline. We've discussed this before, with a large number of staff.

WeeklyBattles said:
The idea that adam wouldnt be .5x stronger than baseline with the massive scaling chain he has is rather ludicrous
While it's certainly probably that he's .5x stronger, we also can't say exactly how far above baseline is due to the nature of scaling chains. So any exact answer we try giving, like High 8-C+, would technically be wrong unless there's another feat to demonstrate it.

If he's. 5x stronger he'd be 3 tons, meaning that with Moonslice he's be 12 tons at max, which is 8-B. Same with Yang and current Flynt

WeeklyBattles said:
If he's. 5x stronger he'd be 3 tons, meaning that with Moonslice he's be 12 tons at max, which is 8-B. Same with Yang and current Flynt
I'm not sure how that changes anything with what I just posted above.

As I said, he's likely around the middle of High 8-C unamped, near the top while amped.

This thread has over 200 replies... Does anyone know who currently votes what?

That is literally mathmatically impossible if his amps four times boost him. The only way his amps can work as theyre described with him still being high 8c is if he is only slightly above baseline, if he's even three tons he breaks into 8b.

Anyway with entoma scaling above someone who scales highly above six tons I don't see adam oneshotting as everyone he oneshots is simply scaling above baseline. This means even if adam manages to charge his four time amp and hit entoma he won't kill her in one go....Considering entoma is going to be stunning, blinding, and binding him and will abuse her advatages I see her taking it, especially after she realizes the danger adams amps pose.

It seems like it's mostly in favor of Adam winning?

Adam: WeeklyBattles, Nico-v11, Spinoirr, Oblivion Of The Endless, Moritzva, Necromercer

Entoma: The pen or the sword, Apeironaxim, Ricsi-viragosi

Is how I would have counted. Have I misjudged a vote?

AnonymousBlank said:
Why does pen keep saying Evileye?Entoma FRA. Adam hasn't absorbed energy attacks afaik and the lightning bird spam will screw him over if even one hits. Big swarms aren't getting beaten by a sword or bullets so his Aura bat is gonna tank real fast.
This one and I simply wasn't counting people arguing only votes apologies.

Oh, right. Then it's 6:4 in Adam's favor.

Who wants to switch so that we can do a coin toss?

Unfortunately, The Digimon is facing her worst possible opponent next round, out of anyone in the bracket.

Well entoma now scales above six tons and adam lacks the feats necessary to oneshot someone scaling above that. So entoma's liable to survive his amped attack, after which shell be more cautious and continue to spam her lightning attacks. Without the ability to oneshot Im leaning far more heavily on entoma.

And he's unqauntifiably above baseline....and nothing he's oneshot has a solid ap value other then higher then baseline (Still perplexed by his amps here...)....So Im gonna need more then that to buy him oneshotting someone scaling above someone else who scales to six tons(three times baseline high 8c).

To be frank, Adam can one-shot because of his sword's piercing damage vs Entoma's much softer bugbody.

If Entoma blocks with shields, she'll be fine, though.

DontTalkDT said:
Adam: WeeklyBattles, Nico-v11, Spinoirr, Oblivion Of The Endless, Moritzva, Necromercer

Entoma: The pen or the sword, Apeironaxim, Ricsi-viragosi

Is how I would have counted. Have I misjudged a vote?
I never actually voted. I'll hold off my vote for now since there's light novel stuff with Entoma that I'm unaware of.

Her clothes are hard enough to defelect blows of gargran and evileyes magic that isn't insectcide, its really not a soft body vs a sword, its high class armor and a sheild vs his amped strike.

Back