• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament Match 5 (Adam Taurus vs Entoma Vasilissa Zeta)

The pen or the sword said:
Her clothes are hard enough to defelect blows of gargran and evileyes magic that isn't insectcide, its really not a soft body vs a sword, its high class armor and a sheild vs his amped strike.
A shield would work fine, yes. But, slashing damage >> blunt damage. If Adam gets past her defenses, he can do massive damage with a single strike, such as to her face.

Nico-v11 said:
I never actually voted. I'll hold off my vote for now since there's light novel stuff with Entoma that I'm unaware of.
I see 5:4 then.

Fair just saying her armor offers some innate protection, I do agree her blocking will be far better (Considering her ablity to summon sheild bug rather quickly she should be fine to do that) just that I doubt adams oneshotting if he hits her armor.

Moritzva said:
A shield would work fine, yes. But, slashing damage >> blunt damage. If Adam gets past her defenses, he can do massive damage with a single strike, such as to her face.
I know Im being a bit petty but in overlord, Slashing isn't always superior to blunt :p

The pen or the sword said:
Fair just saying her armor offers some innate protection, I do agree her blocking will be far better (Considering her ablity to summon sheild bug rather quickly she should be fine to do that) just that I doubt adams oneshotting if he hits her armor.
If Adam gets a blow to her face, I'd say she's dead, straight-up. Bug physiology isn't known for being hard and durable.

But if it hits armor or shield, she'll survive.

Adam couldn't even one shot v6 Yang with his fully charged semblance. He hit her with his Semblance dead on three times and didn't even break her aura. Where is the assertion that he one shots Entoma coming from?

Hmm I have my own doubts but fair I suppose. I don't see adam pulling it off though, she's decent enough at gaurding and has a full 360 feild of view, she's not going to be taken by surpise by adams shot, especially as he glows when using his semblance, I don't see a world where she doesn't either dodge or attempt to block the hit.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Adam couldn't even one shot v6 Yang with his fully charged semblance. He hit her with his Semblance dead on three times and didn't even break her aura. Where is the assertion that he one shots Entoma coming from?
Entoma used to only scale to three tons she now scales to six

Apeironaxim said:
Last thing before I sleep

NPCs have an inventory, she has plenty to spare
How many does she have? If there's an exact number that is. It doesn't seem like she's going to have too much ammo is all.

InfiniteSped said:
Shouldn't a bug's exoskeleton be better against slashing than regular skin? >_>
No, and additionally, bugs lack proper skeletal structure that us humans would have, and an exoskeleton is certainly not stronger than that.

So, with this it's 24h.

Votes are definitely close, but unless I end up having miscounted votes I'm gonna freeze things here and have Adam advance to the finals.

Next match is comming soon.

Im not sure why he can only (Possibly) oneshot with a head shot using his full semblance, entoma will see that coming, she can keep him stunned, wrapped in webbing, covered in flies and summon a shield bug to block his shots. Entoma has a large versatility advantage here and a bit of mobility advantage with flight and her spider legs.

Current vote is

Adam:5: WeeklyBattles, Spinoirr, Oblivion Of The Endless, Moritzva, Necromercer

Entoma:5: The pen or the sword, Apeironaxim, Ricsi-viragosi, AnonymousBlank, Floweryalex

Kingofwolves999 said:
One of those times he hit her metal arm which is much more durable than the rest of her. Not to mention Yang's durability goes up with her semblance.

And to nail the coffin Adam's semblance fluctuates. He can release a culmination of absorbed power throughout the fight or just release an attack that had absorbed one or two hits. It's his choice which is why some attacks of his one shot while others don't.

His energy absorption amp is a max of four times his ap which is unquntiafiable above baseline, he can't oneshot her even full amped so this fight is going to drag on.

Entoma has a mobility advantage with her spider legs and flight, her shield will also alow her to hold of adams strikes and allow her to create distance, she can stun adam with her thunder bird swarm and slow him with razor webbing, he will also be blinded and deafened by her fly breath, on top of being harried by her summons (He can amp off them but they'll also be draining his aura)

His advatages are his amps (Entoma has her own amp, though not as potent) his aura, and his skill. Entoma has a versatility and mobility advantage and the ability to keep adam dealing with stunning and slowing attacks. Overall its a close fight. Still voting entoma

Wait, can't she just fly out of his range and block his attacks with her shields while spamming her bugs and hax at him if she notices he outskills?

Final proof that Adam one shots High 8-Cs. Vol 1-3 Yang has Large Building durability aura which Adam cleaver through (including her arm) when he used his semblance after absorbing all of Blake's attacks and not using he semblance until attacking Yang.

Yang was also undamaged previously so her aura was at full.

"Adam one shots High 8-C's"

> that's a pretty broad spectrum for Adam to go from one shotting people that scale only to being above baseline to him one shotting the whole tier.

If she stays in his range, what's his counter to the constant webbing, stuns and other bugs attacking him? On top of being blind and deaf? Adam would have to survive for an insanely long time against Entoma to be able to beat her, especially since Moonslice can't even one shot. What does he do if bugs start crawling in his ears or pants or something?

This seems like too much work for Adam to get through reliably.

Actually she didn't use flight against evileye due to her insectcide magic which would kill her bug,

Mate he can oneshot a bunch of people scaling above baseline high 8c, entoma scales above three times baseline, he can't oneshot, he lacks the feats.

But she wears a mask.

Back