• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament Match 5 (Adam Taurus vs Entoma Vasilissa Zeta)

All right to start off entomas biggest advantage is her electric attacks via thunderbird talismans, aura doesn't defend against electricity. She's shown a willingness to spam them alongside her summons. She's intellegent enough to notice adam seizing up from her electric attacks and abuse them.

Has he ever done that? every instance Ive seen of aura and electricity interacting hasn't gone well, Id need some feats to buy his semblance can simply overcome this...

Aura doesn't absorb electricity? That's news to me.

That said I'm not exactly sure how Adam defends against numerous insect swarms.

The pen or the sword said:
Has he ever done that? every instance Ive seen of aura and electricity interacting hasn't gone well, Id need some feats to buy his semblance can simply overcome this...
Not his aura, his semblance.

Thoug I'm pretty sure electricity is kinda stopped by aura. The guys in the tournament used it to decreasse the aura of the enemies. It still induces seizures, mind you, but it doesn't do much beyond that.

Inducing seizures is kinda a big deal, it will stun and slow adam as the fight goes on. Again I need a feat of him absorbing eletricity before I buy it.

Like, Ilya uses electricity to break Sun's aura.

If Adam gets hit without parrying and absorbing it he'll still be flapping like a fish on the ground tough.

I'm also pretty sure he can kind of do that to any dust based projectile, but regardless, if he parries it with his sword he's not getting lit up.

The pen or the sword said:
His sword is made of metal isn't it? How exactly will him hitting a bird made of electricity neg the effects?
It's hilt certainly isn't, and the leectricity wouldn't got to his body from the blade and jump through the air. Plus, his aura should be able to block it there without him the negative side effects.

Still have some serious doubt about that, and if it's made similar to a real sword the metal likely runs through the hilt....

Actually Im curious, how does aura deal with ton's of tiny insects swarming a person? Evileye can use flybreath to coat adam in flies that will attempt to dig into his flesh and lay maggots inside him. Unlike evileye he doesn't seem to have a way to elimnate entomas swarms of flies.

Assuming the insects are actually tier 8, then it gets depleted really fast.

If they are tier 9 and rely on their small size to just "ignore" durability like blades do, they'll be useless.

I don't think they rely on small size to neg dura (They might? Blades and peircing weapons aren't dura neg in overlord, just different types of damage... and regular insects can't hurt high ranked adventurers in overlord...So I assume they're closer to tier eight as they can seemingly hurt other tier eights...Its weird though), they just swarm the target and attempt to chew through the opponent while laying eggs...

Also how are they useless they'll cover adam and he can't get rid of them, he'll wind up blinded as they coat him.

I don't think that really works. As far as I'm awere there is first of all a specific resistance against slashing (which means there is something to resist there), and people that are beyond someone's ability to harm at all tend to be teirs above them as far as I know. Or are supposed to be but are stuck at their current tier because we have no clear number to put on them.

Eh, the flies are enough to harm evileye so Im leaning on them semi working here, I see no reason to assume her flies negate dura as nothing in the text really suggest that... even assuming they aren't 8c working together they're enough to harm a tier eight characters, they'll be swarming and biting at adam which will drain his aura and blind him, entoma can also throw her thunderbird talismans to stun him.

Entoma also has her webbing, while adam can tear through it, it will slow him and he'll drain his aura dealing with her razor webbing...

Working together doesn't work with aura. Being strong enough to break a few milimeters or centimeters of skin with sharp mouth is nothing like getting past a forcefield.

And I put durability negation because it's not literally negating durability, but exploiting the same real world thing that allows 10-C mosquitos to bite through the skin of 9-B bufalos with ease. All predatory insects do that to an extent.

What? Aura doesn't have to break to be drained does it? Things hitting it regardless drains it unless I missed something. Yeah I don't buy the flies would be useless here, Even assuming they can't drain his aura (Doubt) They'll coat him blinding him and crawling into his ears and eyes. (Unless aura somehow blocks that? Ngl aura has always been a bit weird to me)

Either way leaning on entoma she has some serious versatility here and will abuse her advatages to win this fight.

It doesn't need to be drained, but it doesn't have the weaknesess of normal materials. The insects, if they are not up to it's tier, wouldn't be able to exploit their size to harm it.

Aura is a full on forcefield around the whole body of the user, they won't harm him directly until it is up. They will obscure his vision tough.

I still don't agree and feel they'll drain his aura as the fight progresses but I suspect thats just be a point of disagreement (auras weird apparantly you can get injured without it breaking...)

Voting entoma atm for versatility, electricity, her own stat amps and blinding insects, she'll abuse her advatages and I don't see adam overcoming her before she starts spamming thunderbird swarm.

Why does pen keep saying Evileye?

Entoma FRA. Adam hasn't absorbed energy attacks afaik and the lightning bird spam will screw him over if even one hits. Big swarms aren't getting beaten by a sword or bullets so his Aura bat is gonna tank real fast.

I think Adam can pull through, as I don't think the bugs are any higher than tier 9, so they can't realistically hurt him, and I think he could react to and absorb the lighting with his semblance, and then pull a win with moon slice.

so, my vote goes to Adam. (For now)

He has never absorbed electricity and I listed all the times aura has been bypassed by electricity. Its not like he can oneshot with moonslice (His amps aren't consistently four times and their ap should be similar not to mention evileye has her own amp) and he will be stunned by her swarms of electric attacks, he will be blinded by the insects regardless of whether they can harm him and he has no means to get rid of them after they've swarmed him.

Yes the bugs did, and aura can be chipped away, he can't get rid of the insects, none of his moves have the aoe, so he's now blind fighting an opponent throwing out electricity that will stun him. When she see's him stunned she will abuse it to keep him down.

Okay, pretty big correction here, aura DOES protect against electricity but they still feel the pain of being electrocuted. If it didnt protect against electricity Nora's semblance would be completely useless and even harmful to her

It still causes them to cease up and slows them down/stuns them, and clearly aura doesnt block it completely. Adams semblance has never absorbed electricity and Entoma can spam them. adam is going to be blinded by her fies as the fight progresses

True she also has her insect summons to assist her in this fight. Adams arrogance will likely leave him shocked when she swaps her webbing to razor webs

there's also a decent chance if Adam pressures her too much, she could summon the insect that can carry her and allow her to fly

but i feel her versatility and her abusing her advantages won't let the fight get to that point

Lifting Strength would allow him to break out of something restraining him, as would his blade and fire

Flight wont really do much as Adam has ranged attacks

Back