• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament Match 5 (Adam Taurus vs Entoma Vasilissa Zeta)

The pen or the sword said:
Except we have many more examples of electricity screwing with people in rwby (Has yang ever absorbed electricity? Her semblance is the closest to adams overall.) and adams never absorbed electricity.
there's also the fact it's magic, so he would need showings of absorbing magic as well

@Apeir RWBY characters are able to withstand magic with their aura, so yes he should be able to do the same from being hit by magic. Its the energy of the attack that he absorbs, not the specific kind of attack used against him

Morlock435 said:
Electricity is energy, as was the massive laser beam he absorbed in the black trailer. And its explicity said he absorbs the energy through his sword.
Yeah Im not buying it atm, he's never absorbed electricity the one example of a rwby character doing that is nora and her semblance is literally absorbing electricity. Also pretty sure him absorbing it doesn't negate its stunning effects.

@Pen Nora is able to absorb electricity because of her aura. If she didnt have her aura she wouldnt be able to absorb electricity. In the same way Yang and Adam are able to absorb energy of attacks used against them due to their aura. If he doesnt have aura he cant absorb energy. He wouldnt be absorbing the electricity itself, it would still hurt him to be electrocuted, he would be absorbing the ENERGY of the attack due to his aura.

Could someone remind me how the stuns are applied?

So he'd still be stunned by it allowing entoma to hammer with attacks, him absorbing it doesn't sound like it changes much (Though Im still not fully sold on the matter)

Her hammering him with attacks only works to his favor as that would instantly amp him to his max on top of having the energy of the attack he just absorber and allow him to fire off an energy attack caoable of oneshotting someone almost as strong as himself normally

Also, does Adam use fire in his Semblance? I don't ever recall that.

WeeklyBattles said:
Her hammering him with attacks only works to his favor as that would instantly amp him to his max and allow him to fire off an energy attack
Except he has to use it in burst even fully charged he can't oneshot entoma, entoma will know about his attacks and aim to dodge from then on. She can slow and stun him, wrap him in razor webs and blind/deafen him. Again how are auras defenses against something crawling into his mouth/trying to effect him from the inside?

Moritzva said:
Also, does Adam use fire in his Semblance? I don't ever recall that.
He uses it with his sword normally, not with his semblance, his semblance lets him shoot energy

Well, provided the electricity hits adam then yeah it would have some sort of effect. But if it hits his sword then it's not, for example, traveling through the sword and electrocuting him. That's gonna get fully absorbed.

Morlock435 said:
Well, provided the electricity hits adam then yeah it would have some sort of effect. But if it hits his sword then it's not, for example, traveling through the sword and electrocuting him. That's gonna get fully absorbed.
How do you figure the sword is metal unless Im missing something he can only absorb the energy and can't negate the effects of the electricity. I can accept he could absorb energy from the attack but he's never negated the effects of electrical attacks.

Because it's a property of his sword. For example, the beam was way larger than Adam's sword, but it didn't go around it. It all got sucked into the sword.

Morlock435 said:
Because it's a property of his sword. For example, the beam was way larger than Adam's sword, but it didn't go around it. It all got sucked into the sword.
He also has no feats of negging electricicty with his sword so...I don't buy it, I can buy he could amp off it (Slightly dubious), but Im not sure I buy him negating the effects of attack.

Adam with a fully charged semblance literally vaporized a mech that he could barely damage with physical attacks, if his semblance gets fully charged he can very likely onshot Entoma

His ap doesn't surpass high 8c at full amp, entoma is well above 3.5 ton feat, the top of high eight c isnt high enough for him to oneshot...
We allow arguments of oneshots if people are able to oneshot things comparable to themselves in-canon without a 7.5x multiplier

His ap doesn't surpass high 8c at full amp, entoma is well above 3.5 ton feat, the top of high eight c isnt high enough for him to oneshot...
We allow arguments of oneshots if people are able to oneshot things comparable to themselves in-canon without a 7.5x multiplier

He can't oneshot at full amp, he lacks the feats and can't surpass high 8 c via amps
You dont need a 7.5x gap if you can oneshot people comparable t yourself with your amp in your own verse, there was a discussion aboutt his some time ago

Except adam isn't comparable hes four times unqauntifiably higher then base line. entoma is unqauntifiably above 3.5 tons and has her own unqauntifiable amp.

No we listed their scaling chains then contiued the discussion. Their exact ap values are unkown, adam oneshots people unqantifiably above baseline via his four times amp. Entoma scales above 3.5 tones by an unquantifiable degree.

Which in series are unqauntifiable which is an issue. We can't say where their ap stands based on oneshots and he has never oneshot anyone who wasn't just scaling over baseline.

the muscles contract

By projectile, though?

Volume 4-5 Team RWBY (2 Tons) < Queen Lancer (Undamaged by 2 Tons) < Arma Gigas < Vernal (Stomps 2 tons and beat the Arma Gigas) < Raven = Qrow = Volume 6 RWBY < Adam <(2-4x)< Moonslice Adam

Lakyus (3.57 tons) < Evileye < Entoma

This is the scaling chain for both characters

Stomps and oneshots don't give us any ap value and are known to be less then consistent. Still I suppose Im being pedantic (Though that 3.57 may be changed to 6 tons depending on a few things, and the gap between evileye and lakyus is very understated there...) Ill concede that if adam manages to hit her with his fullly charged semblance he could oneshot.

I still don't buy adam managing to hit her with his fully charged semblance while he's being stunned, wrapped up, covered in insects has explosions going off around him. If he want's to avoid the bugs crawling into his ears, mouth and eyes he's going to have to use his semblance. entoma can use her bug breath three times and the lighting is still a problem for him. (She's able to release more birds then he can reliably shoot) Her centipede can also wrap him up to further slow his progress.

Does aura block things from entering your mouth? I was never clear on that, its not airtight and doesn't seem to work on poisons but how does it work against insects flying into their mouth.

Im not sure if thats real electricity weekly looks like a neat effect, still probably need a crt for that to added.

Back