• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-C Tournament: Turnip Boy Vs Player (Elemental Battlegrounds)

aw hell yeah this is a real man's matchup.

i'll get my arguments out soon. but i'll say now that the player should scale above 312.48 kilotons of tnt, since the ultimate calculated is considered one of their weakest. they can also scale physically to it since they can tank it and durability = ap yadda yadda you get the picture.

So, about AP, turnip boy is massivaly strongher them a nuclear bomb, beingh able to tank one and kill god onion that also tanked the same nuclear bomb(trough I'm having trouble finding the exactly high 7-C nuke he scale to in the wiki)

any way, but now we go to 2 things, Hax's. Turnip boy constantly emanates radiation from his body that is comparable to the nukes he survived, he has so much radiation that he can make things come to life, the same radiation turned a normal human into a mutated and midless nuclear sludge monster with a brif exposition, so how does the player stop him self from becoming a mindless blob of radiation before defeating turnip boy? and even if he can, Turnip boy talking can rip out his soul(luckly turnip boy isn't much of a talker whem fighting)

Well, I'm GLAD we have arguments!

To start off with AP. From what I could find, the most powerful nuke that 2021 was roughly 500 kilotons of TNT. A 1.6 AP difference. But this is likely pushing it though since those are only in possession of Russia, and I'm pretty sure the game takes place in a US like location? Putting it at a mere 300 kilotons.

As for the hax, given that they start at 10 meters, I could MAYBE see Turnip Boy pulling off his passive radiation stuff. But the Player would most likely get out of range when they notice something's up. Outside of that they completely outrange Turnip Boy. With their magic attacks and the like. They also have way better mobility. Notably with the Reaper element. Which grants increased speed and teleportation. So teleporting (or flying with other elements) out of the distance of radiation is possible

We also don't know the range of Turnip Boy's radiation manipulation. So for all we know it's just activated by a touch. Which is near impossible since the player will constantly be firing projectiles at him. Turnip Boy's soul manipulation is also kinda sketchy. As it's mostly a throwaway joke statement, and given Turnip Boy's reputation and general behavior. I don't THINK it's the best idea to believe him?

The Player also has many ways of actually killing Turnip Boy. whether than be freezing him solid, blowing him up, using lifesteal, sealing him in an hourglass, etc.

So yeah I'd say The Player takes this pretty easily

I will watche some gameplays of turnip boy commits tax evasion before awnsering

but turnip boy does have good experience dealing with projectile atacks and turnip boy reputation is only bad whem It's about taxes

Okay

Reaper element. Which grants increased speed and teleportation. So teleporting (or flying with other elements) out of the distance of radiation is possiblE
First, Turnip boy was able too fight conductor onion, a onion that uses teleportation and ranged atacks in battle, God onion also does some projectile spam, from giant balls of radiation to summoning magical radiation forks around turnip boy that fly on his direction, tripping also let's him get out of the way of atack preety fast, using his Potted Petaportals he can also gain better control of the battle field
The Player also has many ways of actually killing Turnip Boy. whether than be freezing him solid, blowing him up
Turnip boy resists Ice manipulation and can has show great resistence to multiple tipes of explosives(especially nuclear bombs). Life steal is fine. Can't turnip boy break the hourglass?
We also don't know the range of Turnip Boy's radiation manipulation. So for all we know it's just activated by a touch. Which is near impossible since the player will constantly be firing projectiles at him. Turnip Boy's soul manipulation is also kinda sketchy. As it's mostly a throwaway joke statement, and given Turnip Boy's reputation and general behavior. I don't THINK it's the best idea to believe him?
Should be at least the same as his glow, but if we use real life as a ruler he should have a quite big range sinse he absorbed the energy of a nuclear bomb exploding under him

As for the hax, given that they start at 10 meters, I could MAYBE see Turnip Boy pulling off his passive radiation stuff. But the Player would most likely get out of range when they notice something's up.
It acts in seconds, he probable would aread be affected at this point

I also notice the player has many atacks that has him standing still for a while to use, turnip boy can 100% use It to his advantage, especially if the player uses fire or ice sinse turnip boy resist both to the point of beingh able to se him self on fire for some puzzles

Turnip Boy's soul manipulation is also kinda sketchy. As it's mostly a throwaway joke statement, and given Turnip Boy's reputation and general behavior. I don't THINK it's the best idea to believe him?
Well, It has It's back up, mostly beacuse that during the entire game turnip boy don't talk, but ye, isn't much in character any way

well, even after saying all of that, the player 100% win if he avoids the radiation, but If he don't he just get's transmutated in seconds. so the battle is "can the player defeat turnip boy before he is radiated?" remenbering that turnip boy radiation is passive, just that every one in the verse resists radiation

another thing, edutyn does Turnip boy have optional equipament?

Alright Mr. Lemon, my turn!
First, Turnip boy was able too fight conductor onion, a onion that uses teleportation and ranged atacks in battle, God onion also does some projectile spam, from giant balls of radiation to summoning magical radiation forks around turnip boy that fly on his direction
If you've seen the boss battles themselves, you can clearly see that these projectiles are next to nothing compared to the potential danmaku The Player can pull off. Also note that these guys make pauses between each attack. And God Onion's projectile spam is small talk compared to meteor showers and constant projectiles.

I'd also like to note that these fights take place in small, enclosed spaces. So realistically these projectiles don't even cover that much distance.
can has show great resistence to multiple tipes of explosives(especially nuclear bombs)
Just because you can tank something doesn't mean you can resist it. Even then explosions are only a small part of the Player's toolkit

Can't turnip boy break the hourglass?
Potentially, but do note that it's temporary. However other players in Elemental Battlegrounds are unable to break out of it until it goes away so. Make of that what you will

It acts in seconds, he probable would aread be affected at this point
The player has plenty of time to simply backflip or teleport out of the way.

I also notice the player has many atacks that has him standing still for a while to use
Incorrect, The Player can still move around and use their abilities. (yes i went into the game and checked for myself)

every one in the verse resists radiation
As someone who's played the game for myself I can confirm that from what I remember, no one has any statements of resisting radiation. Plus this comes at many other questions that you'd have to ask yourself: Why aren't the objects in Turnip Boy's world immune to his radiation manipulation if he has it? It just doesn't make sense on paper. And it's just hard to believe in general that a bunch of random civilians resist radiation.

So yeah I remain unconvinced as to why Turnip Boy holds a candle to our elemental everyman.

Every thing you said is fair, exept...

As someone who's played the game for myself I can confirm that from what I remember, no one has any statements of resisting radiation. Plus this comes at many other questions that you'd have to ask yourself: Why aren't the objects in Turnip Boy's world immune to his radiation manipulation if he has it? It just doesn't make sense on paper. And it's just hard to believe in general that a bunch of random civilians resist radiation.

So yeah I remain unconvinced as to why Turnip Boy holds a candle to our elemental everyman
The entire world of turnip boy is created thanks to a nuclear fallout, there are barrels of radioctive material trowed all ocer the place and theorically every one survived the explosion of the atomic bomb, especially sinse the renchman of onion also survived. Every thing in turnip boy world is radioactive

fair, but from the entire segment of the game where Liz runs from Turnip Boy. She only seems to be infected once she's cornered. And given that these two are in an open city (which will probably be more open if The Player destroys the city more). It'll be hard to corner them.

fair, but from the entire segment of the game where Liz runs from Turnip Boy. She only seems to be infected once she's cornered. And given that these two are in an open city (which will probably be more open if The Player destroys the city more). It'll be hard to corner them.
Okay, 2 things, sinse she is just a silhuete we can't really tell if she was okay or not

Second, thanks to the food mutation, we can see the distance is at least extended meele range to some meters, probable 2 meters I would say

Finallly, with turnip boy beingh a mostly meele fighter It wouldn"t take long for him to get into this range, and is preet likle for the player to enter a mutation state before notice something is wrong

Other thing, she wasn't corned, the one beingh followed wasn't even her, she entered the "boss room" in the last second of the chase, and instantly was mutated

okay so like. we can probably best assume his passive radiation manipulation is like, 5 meters at most. since that's probably the absolute furthest he could've been from Liz. So The Player should be 100% capable of moving further back and going for their attacks. Given that Turnip Boy only has melee attacks outside of conveniently placed Boombloom spots. It'll be impossible for him to get in and do any damage.

Hence why I stand with The Player being our victor. Despite Turnip Boy's few resistances that make some of The Player's powers null. They still have the overpowering range and versatility to take the win

Fair, still think you are underestimating the speed of the mutation, but I agree, the player should alread try to stay further away while fighting, so I will vote Player

from what i saw of the footage it takes like three - five seconds so it shouldn't be too hard to move out of. plus the supposed range of it is below the starting distance we have. so it's not like it's gonna happen when the fight starts

At least now he can kick bombs to the player and grow watermellons for protection(and put him self on fire if he want for some reason)

EBGbro not being able to use ice/heat-based attacks is a huge problem since that means 8 out of the 34 elements (fire, lava, ice, plasma, phoenix, dragon, explosion, and solar) aren't going to be able to do much to Turnip Boy since those almost entirely rely on ice/heat to do damage. Considering EBGbro doesn't know this + the fact that Turnip boy can probably facetank a bunch of his attacks (EBG's earlygame --> lategame power gap is like a +50% difference in power in terms of stats, but they have more elements) means that there'll probably be a point where EBGbro will try to use a close-range move, only to get friggin' melted by the radiation

If EBGbro somehow survives the radiation manip (like, straight up turning into a monster), then EBGbro utterly ***** up Turnip Boy low diff. Liz can use her pipe as a weapon despite the radiation, so I don't think anything is stopping a radiation-amped EBGbro from turning Turnip boy into a silly purple paste despite being in radiation distance is not out of the question.

Given that Turnip Boy only has melee attacks outside of conveniently placed Boombloom spots. It'll be impossible for him to get in and do any damage.
EBGbro's defensive options like Slime Shield make playing the ranged game worse, cuz' that ability straight up turns any projectiles that hit it into slime.

Back