• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-C Tournament: Alucard (Hellsing) Vs Taokaka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll give my vote. Taokaka has better wincons than Alucard, plus the fact that Taokaka can increase his AP and can resist or deny any of Alucard's attacks. I vote for Taokaka.

not that big, but

pretty sure social influencing is also apart of mind manipulation, if I remember correctly. plus she has similar feats of resisting that stuff with the fear aura.

No it's not. Social influencing and Mind manipulation are completely two seperate abilities. you can't resist mind manipulation and resist social influencing.

No it's not. Social influencing and Mind manipulation are completely two seperate abilities. you can't resist mind manipulation and resist social influencing.
I only really said it because of this situation. From what I saw, it was a fear aura thing, which Tao has resisted before. also, it only worked on weaker enemies anyway, so it didn't matter regardless.

I only really said it because of this situation. From what I saw, it was a fear aura thing, which Tao has resisted before. also, it only worked on weaker enemies anyway, so it didn't matter regardless.
being feared through social influencing doesn't mean if someone resists fear manipulation they're safe from that.

his social influencing probably doesn't play that give of a thing in this fight, but trying to argue they resist social influencing because they resist a completely unrelated ability is bonkers.

his social influencing probably doesn't play that give of a thing in this fight, but trying to argue they resist social influencing because they resist a completely unrelated ability is bonkers.
it was a thing that I though of. even though I was wrong, it didn't play a factor, and wasn't going to play a factor. but I do admit that I was wrong and probably made a logical leap or 2

Also would her regeneration negation even be very useful here? Unless her attacks can effect thousands of souls then I doubt it would permanently stop Alucard from coming back.

His regeneration is more akin to stubborn Resurrection, as long as he has a soul he can essentially swap places with it to recover. He wouldn't be able to regenerate lost limbs but upon death, a soul would be sacrificed to grant him another body. I.E more so to do with the vast amount of souls at his disposal rather than it's sheer regenerative capacity.

One soul dies permanently then another takes it's place.

Also just looked at her page and it doesn't seem like she has the required range to nuke all of Alucard’s soul stock in one go. Said soul stock being stored in another dimension, another thing I'm noticing is her lack of Immortality Negation.

From what I'm seeing Alucard could simply hold her in place after realizing she's a threat, using his vast range advantage. His TK is also vastly above her's so she'd have no way to break free once Alucard grabs a hold of her, once he does all he needs to do is damage her then he can drop the conceptual Absorbtion GG.

From what I'm seeing Alucard could simply hold her in place after realizing she's a threat, using his vast range advantage. His TK is also vastly above her's so she'd have no way to break free once Alucard grabs a hold of her, once he does all he needs to do is damage her then he can drop the conceptual Absorbtion GG.
Which is of course entirely out of character.

Only because he hasn't had to, it's not really out of character for him to do if he's pressured.

Try again.
He didn't do so against Anderson or Walter either when he was pressured. So yeah, OOC strategy he never used at any point in the series. Alucard mainly just shoots people in serious combat. Well, with the occasional dog and stuff.

Honestly, Alucard fights astonishingly fair all things considered.

gotta wait 48 hours my boy
Grace is 24 hours.
Also would her regeneration negation even be very useful here? Unless her attacks can effect thousands of souls then I doubt it would permanently stop Alucard from coming back.

His regeneration is more akin to stubborn Resurrection, as long as he has a soul he can essentially swap places with it to recover. He wouldn't be able to regenerate lost limbs but upon death, a soul would be sacrificed to grant him another body. I.E more so to do with the vast amount of souls at his disposal rather than it's sheer regenerative capacity.

One soul dies permanently then another takes it's place.
Should still work. High godly regen requires recovering from mind, soul, body and some fundamental aspect (in this case time). Tao can neg all of those simultaneously. Even were he to grab another soul, he'd still need to heal his mind and time.

Should still work. High godly regen requires recovering from mind, soul, body and some fundamental aspect (in this case time). Tao can neg all of those simultaneously. Even were he to grab another soul, he'd still need to heal his mind and time.
Not necessarily, souls in Hellsing already contain the mind and such, so after one out of thousands or souls die another would take it's place.

Each soul is it's own separate entity hidden away in a separate hammer space dimension. Even with her regeneration negation, she'd still need to deplete and nuke all the souls with regeneration negation in one go and judging by her profile, Tao lacks the range or the AoE required to nuke all his souls in one go.

Not necessarily, souls in Hellsing already contain the mind and such, so after one out of thousands or souls die another would take it's place.

Each soul is it's own separate entity hidden away in a separate hammer space dimension. Even with her regeneration negation, she'd still need to deplete and nuke all the souls with regeneration negation in one go and judging by her profile, Tao lacks the range or the AoE required to nuke all his souls in one go.
I didn't know how immortality would react in this fight. But thanks for the comments. I should have called you earlier, since you seem to understand more about this.

This doesn't explain how he'd heal across time. Tao's attacks neg healing across past, present and future, all simultaneously. Even if you undo the events leading to the injuries they prevail. Him grabbing another soul would be healing in the future, and thus, it gets negged. This is true regardless if it's soul number 1, 2 or 120000. Each soul suffers the exact same injuries as the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back