• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A REBirth Tournament Round 5 (Captain Falcon vs Tatsumi)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
nb8FqRH.png

Welcome welcome, to the tournament of heroes and warriors!
Follow along the fates of 16 remarkable
individuals from across space and time,
in this tournament of glory and honor!

In this glorious Round, on the On the Left: Captain Falcon! On the Right: Tatsumi!

pZNR9S9.png

kbab4lC.png

Are spirits allowed for Falcon?

Also, remind me if the Skill Tree is considered as optional or not.

Spirits are not allowed, but i play around with the thought of giving him the Skill tree stuff

Ok as i talked to Witch this version of Tatsumi is the 4th armor, the first high 7-A key,

now while Falcon has a good ap advantage, Tatsumi has everything else:

Flight wich will allow him more mobility and dodging Falcon attacks

Reactive Power Level wich will make him stronger during the fight and eventually surpassing Falcon

Low Mid regen for making him recover from his attacks

and yes as Riki said Tatsumi is even very skilled

i wouldn't suggest that, since his skill tree has some Hax stomp powers
Spirits are not allowed, but i play around with the thought of giving him the Skill tree stuff

Anyways, all I need to know how skilled Falcon is, since his only advantage seems to be AP, which is negated if he isn't skilled enough.

Anyways, all I need to know how skilled Falcon is, since his only advantage seems to be AP, which is negated if he isn't skilled enough.
Pretty much leads with combos to his opponent, here are some examples of his skilled plays. Plus, whatever attack is thrown at him, he can shield/parry it (Not to mention parrying heals him a bit since you’re giving him his skill tree). Speaking of his skill tree, given how Tatsumi’s armor looks like it is made of metal, Falcon will do extra damage to it, as well as poison with his attacks and will even resist Tatsumi’s sword due thanks to his resistance to weapons. And when it comes to dodging, he is already able to dodge decent levels of danmaku which are Ness/Lucas’ Final Smash as well as Galeem’s triple ball attack (Yes I know that isn’t Falcon in this clip, but he can be a player choice to fight Galeem).

Last edited:
Tatsumi's armor is made of dragon skin, although I don't remember if it's metal-based or not.

To add to Falcon's skill, with the little we know, we can assume he's had a career in bounty hunting as his canon counterpart, and he has also fought many clones of Smash fighters in the WoL campaign.
If we take trailers into account, he defeated Chrom and was about to to the same to Lucina, outskilling her for the whole battle.

as well as poison with his attacks and will even resist Tatsumi’s sword due thanks to his resistance to weapons.
Tatsumi has resistance to poison to the point is completely immune, and in this key he doesn't have a sword but a spear, and can even use hand to hand combat

Well, Captain Falcon would still resist the spear anyways

Not to mention, he has dealt with hand to hand combat with other skilled fighters before, including himself. How skilled is Tatsumi at hand to hand combat?

Not to mention, he has dealt with hand to hand combat with other skilled fighters before, including himself. How skilled is Tatsumi at hand to hand combat?
in base he easily defeated Kalbi who was trained at the temple of the Imperial Fist, the best school of martial arts in his verse, and He was even considered strong by Wave, who later defeated someone, in hand to hand combat, who has incorporated numerous different martial arts of various countries into his fighting style.

Tatsumi got even stronger after that, where he could fight on par with those who are much superior to that person,

and Falcon can't took down Tatsumi thanks to his regen, and to his great stamina,

following

very skilled beside he has a thing for overpowering people who can previously one shot him, so once falcon punches him once he reacts to that level of power pretty quickly gains it and well starts getting stronger, if you need scans of an example of this i can provide it

Tatsumi FRA, Popted made some good arguments for Tatsumi winning, and even if Falcon was more skilled it wouldn't be enough to beat Tatsumi saying he'd only have initial AP and skill.

Just to note, Falcon will tend to end the fight quickly as possible through combos that give his opponent a high amount of damage taken before finishing them off. Furthermore, hes even dealt with characters who can hit harder than him before, mainly the bosses or other heavy characters.

Voting Falcon since he starts off with the higher AP and that he would be more likely to finish off Tatsumi with combos before Tatsumi can get stronger than him.

Voting Falcon since he starts off with the higher AP
The higher AP will be his undoing tho, as like I said tats whole schticks is well one shotting people with higher AP once they hit him once.... And tats has pretty good regen
2.85 gigatons (higher than that due to the damage boost if Tatsumi’s armor is made of metal) VS 1.2 gigatons
It is not known what it is made of but definitely not metal as it is a teigu

Back