• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Bracket Round 9 (Kragg vs Link)

I already went over the deku nut. Don’t just repeat things.

Also why are you using a Wikipedia entry about fencing for a magic glowy invulnerability, as long as Kragg can react, skill alone won’t prevent a parry considered how quick one is.
Picking up and dropping a bomb after sorting through his inventory would take time, which can be exploited, being skilled doesn’t prevent opportunities like that from being exploited. Also he can always just make more. He takes them from the ground and their will probably be more earth in the ground then bombs in his inventory.

I linked a wikipedia article cause that's what the idea of parry is based on no matter the magic, game, etc. It requires him to pull it off skill wise which against an opponent more skilled then him wouldn't work.

Link's in-universe has been able to quickly pick up and drop a bomb. Yes it does when the skill gap is large. Even then, these wouldn't even harm Link greatly, this attack pattern is useless and Nayru's love just negates this.

Also hold up

"Range: Melee range physically, Tens of Meters with Earth Manipulation and rock projectiles"

"Range: Extended melee range with melee weapons. Varies from tens of meters to hundreds of meters with ranged weapons, Cross-Universal with Ocarina's magic (The Ocarina allowed Link to speak with Saria while she was in the Chamber of Sages, which is inside of the Temple of Light which is in the Sacred Realm.)"

Yeah uh, no Kragg isn't rock spamming lmao (unless someone can show me his tens of meters reaching 20 meters). Link snipes.

No it doesn’t, how can you scale a fencing technique to magic glowy invulnerability just because they share the name?

I explained that he can shield his eyes with rock armor already by completely converting himself up. It won’t work past that.

I will get into the skill bit when I have more time.

No it doesn’t, how can you scale a fencing technique to magic glowy invulnerability just because they share the name?

I explained that he can shield his eyes with rock armor already by completely converting himself up. It won’t work past that.

I will get into the skill bit when I have more time.
Cause you said it's based on reaction and timing, which irl parrying is based off of. They share the same concept with a diff execution.

Uh problem lol, I think you misunderstood how deku nuts work. Deku nuts don't blind your eyes cause it works on enemies that don't even have eyes. This is exactly why I didn't want to put light manip on that cause I knew arguments like this would come out of it. Armor doesn't defend you against it either.

He comes from a fighting game so parrying isn’t exactly easy. Otherwise every Smash player wouldn’t have as much trouble as they do with well...Young Link.

I argued in favor of Kragg before, but uh...

Link takes this FRA. Man has a huge range advantage, self-revive, etc etc.

Also Kragg’s ball increases his speed a lot and he is able to fight some of the best warriors in his world such as Etalus the only survivor of an elite band of warriors, and the spicy lion, who has fought numerous wars with nothing but his bear hands and fire.
The skill gap isn’t large enough to stop Kragg from parrying.

Range isn’t a big deal because if Kragg’s mobility and ball form, which makes him vaguely but highly faster and gives him super armor. For that scan you have shown, the knights still had a spot for their eyes so the flash would still be seen, the ball form lacks that and therefor would protect him. (Claims were taken from the ROA website.)

Also Cal, why are you scaling it from the player’s ability?

Don't see anything on his profile mentioning speed amps. Fight the best warriors in the world is explained on his profile "While trained in close-quarters combat, nothing indicates Kragg is superior to most fighters, in skill or strategy, aside from his uncanny ability to manipulate earth".

Can I get the scan of the parrying since we're going in circles?

The scan I showed was to show armor doesn't protect you that wasn't the scan of eyeless enemies so idk why you even argue "but they still have eyes" even then that's not real eyes whatsoever since it's just an armored statue. The eyeless enemies in question are deku babs who are just mouths and a vine. The ball form lacking that's irrelevant since Link's deku nuts affect you w/o eyes.

Here is a video with the parry

Everything I said about ball form making him faster comes from the Rivals Website (look it up yourself rivals of aether dot com under characters.) I am pretty sure the official website takes precedence over a secondary source like a profile.
Also I need to check one thing because Clarien has stuns in her kit.

Ok so it takes exactly what I thought, timing and skill reaction. So I don't see how he'll be able to spam this before deku nut + stab.

"While normally slow because of their massive bodies, Wall Runners can curl up into balls and traverse the Wall at high speeds. Unlike other Wall Runners, Kragg has the legendary ability to control the earth with his will. When in peril, Kragg can summon the earth to aid him, and he repairs the Wall when it is under siege."
That's not a speed increase, that's as much of a speed increase as Goron's rolling is. They just naturally move faster while rolling then walking.

Yeah, that still counts as a speed increase if you go faster in one form as opposed to others. That is literally the definition of a speed increase. In one form he is slow in the other he is described as going at high speeds.
With the nut the plants lack eyes yes, but are unarmored so they take the full brunt of the blast and also they must have some sorta senses seeing as they can still fight so that argument doesn’t hold up. The armored guys are still looking at the light, which would stun them even with the armor. Kragg is both completely armored and blind, so you would need to prove if it can beat both of those.

I could also check if Kragg’s armor protects him from Clariens stun in game to prove or disprove it definitively. But that will have to wait until later.

That's not another form, that's him just rolling, it'd be like giving a human a speed increase cause he starts running instead of walking.

I already showed you armored people are affected by it. How is them having senses mean they can see? Are you trying to say now Kragg doesn't have senses? At best you just explained deku baba's have enhanced senses, neato, your OG argument was that you need eyes in order to be affected which has been proven wrong, and I doubly showed armored creatures can be affected. I already did prove it can beat both of those, I'm not required to show a enemy with both in a situation, simple deduction and logical reasoning can be used here. Dude can throw a deku nut at eyeless enemies and alternatively affect armored enemies.

The plants have no eyes and I cannot see any ears so some sense must be affected by the nut, which did work on those armored enemies but the armor had a clear hole and they were looking right at link, Kragg wouldn’t be doing either of those in ball form.

Also it still counts as a speed increase, it is far greater then just running considering that he is considered slow in base (which is what speed is equalized to.) yet very fast in ball form. That argument is a massive gap in logic. If it was just as fast as going from walking to running it wouldn’t be pointed out like and and he probably wouldn’t even do it since running would be as fast. Also how can you even compare the two, turning into a ball and literally just walking faster?

Or simply no sense is being affected by the nut and it can affect him. The clear hole isn't even what's getting hit and you see the armor itself is stunned, if you were correct on your assumption the armor itself wouldn't be stunned to begin with since it only affects one's senses which the armor has nothing to do with. So no Kragg gets affected.

How much faster, can I see a scan of this? Cause this again just seems like him using his natural animal physiology to be able to go faster, which is the same thing as a human running. Because turning into a ball is apart of his natural animal physiology that allows him to go faster, the same as humans running.

If they are as good at parrying as you say thrn how do they even fight each other parrying stop them from taking damage.

That isn’t how... what do you mean? It only worked because of the hole. The existence of a hole where eyes would be suggests that some sort of being is inside, that is what must be stunned, how do you stun armor? It would have to pierce Kragg’s armor which covers his whole body and covers himself completely. As you say it effects his senses but as Kragg is already completely covered, his senses would already be filled heavily.
Or simply no sense is being affected by the nut and it can affect him. The clear hole isn't even what's getting hit and you see the armor itself is stunned, if you were correct on your assumption the armor itself wouldn't be stunned to begin with since it only affects one's senses which the armor has nothing to do with. So no Kragg gets affected.

How much faster, can I see a scan of this? Cause this again just seems like him using his natural animal physiology to be able to go faster, which is the same thing as a human running. Because turning into a ball is apart of his natural animal physiology that allows him to go faster, the same as humans running.

That's a random assumption with no justification since the armor itself is stunned. You literally see the armor itself is stunned don't ask me how you stun armor, ask the game devs, do I look like I make the game. Also no lol no being is inside of the armos, they're literally just statues that attack you in Zelda, there's even an entire section in Minish Cap that you go inside of them and there's no being inside of it. This is a complete assumption from you. Kragg rolling in a ball and being in armor is neat, deku nuts affect that, he's getting paralyzed, the senses argument needs to be proven as it's just a random assumption.

Well shit, have we really reached a bottleneck here. Is this how my bracket will die?

Back