• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Bracket Round 13 (Link vs Natsu)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
latest

Round 13 of the High 7-A Bracket beginns!

The 2 fighters are Natsu and Link

The battle takes place in a sealed off Central Park, both combatants start 20 meters apart.
Natsu:
Link:

latest

latest

Alright so Link scales to 3.672 Gigatons, while Natsu massively upscales from 2.65 Gigatons. So they are relatively close in AP at the start, but Natsu's Rage amp will give him the lead in AP as the fight drags on.

Link's bombs and bombchu's will only power Natsu up even further and boost his stamina. Links wooden shield and ranged options are a terrible machup against a fire user like Natsu so they get basically negged, and to top it all off Natsu has fought Erza, a far more versatile and skilled swordswoman than kid link, countless times so he has the experience advantage here as well.

I really wouldn't say Erza is more skilled than Link tbh, even in his kid iterations the dude has some absurd defense and sword play.

Will come back to this but I'm leaning towards Natsu taking this high dif. Also for the record, this link doesn't use a wooden shield that's just the image. Normally he uses his hyrulian shield.

I really wouldn't say Erza is more skilled than Link tbh, even in his kid iterations the dude has some absurd defense and sword play.

Will come back to this but I'm leaning towards Natsu taking this high dif. Also for the record, this link doesn't use a wooden shield that's just the image. Normally he uses his hyrulian shield.
Eh, nothing in kid links intelligence block really puts him at a level comparable to Erza imo. But the Tourney restricts anything above High 7-A so his Hyrulian shield is out for having Large star level Dura.

There's pretty good feats within the actually game play and the lore itself, tbh there's a lot wrong with LoZ profiles atm so I can see the confusion.

I'm under the assumption he'll be using any of the other shields at his disposal, the wooden shield is like suuuper early game gear.

Edit: He uses the mirror shield at this point.

There's pretty good feats within the actually game play and the lore itself, tbh there's a lot wrong with LoZ profiles atm so I can see the confusion.

I'm under the assumption he'll be using any of the other shields at his disposal, the wooden shield is like suuuper early game gear.

Edit: He uses the mirror shield at this point.
But the mirror shield is listed only for his adult key, not his kid key. the Only usable shield his kid key has is the Deku shield.

Ahhhh so like we're actually using kid Link here, then yeah he uses his Deku shield. Then yeah Natsu is definitely burning that shit to a crisp.

Natsu takes this still high to extreme difficulty as Natsu can't counter Nayru’s Love, which Link can use for awhile.

Link probably won’t use bombs more than once, he has a few stun nuts to throw him off. AP is close and the skill gap is small; also link having a sword gives him a CQC advantage. Natsu cancels the first bombs and Nayru’s and has a small skill advantage along with a lot of stuff.
This is close.

Isn't Naryu's Love a spell? If so Natsu could just powernull it.

I don't think Natsu can outright negate invulnerability and barrier creation, he doesn't seem to ever power null abilities like intangiblilty, invulnerability, etc but rather attacks. He can null offensive hax depending on the power system involved but I don't recall Natsu ever power nulling any defensive hax.

Stun nuts are useful, but Heightened hearing and smelling will help him out with the temporary blindness, and he can flare up his body with fire to keep link at bay to outlast the paralysis, as link doesn't have any way to combat Natsu's Heat manip from burning him.

I don't think Natsu can outright negate invulnerability and barrier creation, he doesn't seem to ever power null abilities like intangiblilty, invulnerability, etc but rather attacks. He can null offensive hax depending on the power system involved but I don't recall Natsu ever power nulling any defensive hax.
Natsu's powernull comes from burning the magic in the spell, not a specific type of spell. So if the spell has magic that's of a comparable level to his or is hax on a ridiculous level (better than EE) he can powernull it just fine unless. Barrier creation on a time limit isn't all that impressive so powernull should still work here. Also Link doesn't have invulnerability or at least I'm not seeing it.

Last edited:
Yeah Link’s not gonna be able to be defensive here. Shield gets burnt immediately. But Link’s got the cqc advantage given he has his experience of his adult self, and Link is muuuuch smarter than Natsu. Din’s Fire and Bombs are completely useless, if not outright detrimental, here (Dins Fire does nothing but bombs can hurt Natsu if he catches Natsu off guard). He’s limited to nuts, sticks, and boomerangs. Granted I doubt heat will screw Link over as he can stay in the middle of a volcano for about two minutes without his Goron Tunic, nor do I think that Natsu can outdo Nayru’s Love. Also Link knows the weakness of his shield, so he’d probably only use it when Natsu doesn’t use fire and instead dodge or tank with invulnerability. Granted I think Natsu is smart enough to see through that and get the shield with a feint.
Badically, Natsu keeps at a range he wins. Link gets up close there’s an above average chance Natsu’s getting carved up.

Standing in lava for two minutes isn't gonna help him all that much against Natsu's heat as Natsu's body heat alone can vaporize a lake almost instantly.

Iirc the center of a volcano is 1200 C. Does Natsu’s heat top that? I’m pretty sure.
Natsu's heat is comparable to that of lightning which is around 20,000 C if I remember correctly, at the very least Natsu upscales from vaporizing sand which is 2,230 C. Although you could get much higher values from Natsu's feats of vaping a lake, and melting the Domas Flau arena.

Last edited:
Natsu Counters half of Link’s Arsenal not to mention Natsu will just keep on getting stronger because if the Rage amp as mentioned above. Even if Link uses Nayru’s Love that’s only defensive and he still won’t be able to beat natsu

The other two are incredibly inconsistent so it's best to use his sand feat ( albeit it done via rage power up, Ajeel threatened to harm his guild mates via sand world but it shouldn't be all that relevant considering Natsu is very quick is anger. )

Link's advantages

* Invulnerability

* Skill and experience advantage

* is much more tacgisl5

* Is much more versatile

* AP advantage

* Big versatility advantage, while Erza is more versatile itself unknown if she's ever used her powers and abilities simultaneously like how Link can.

Natsu's advantages

* Endurance and stamina advantage

* massive range advantage

* Will overcome Links AP via rage amps and Dragon Slayer amps

* Resistance negs a decent chunk of Link's advantages

* Much hotter fire than anything Link has ever faced

* AoE advantage

Natsu takes this via extreme difficultly, Natsu can only hope to take this via outlasting Link or via surpassing Link via rage amps but next round he should have enough damage done to him that he succumbs to his injuries sustained from previous injuries and his bout with Link here.

Natsu Counters half of Link’s Arsenal not to mention Natsu will just keep on getting stronger because if the Rage amp as mentioned above. Even if Link uses Nayru’s Love that’s only defensive and he still won’t be able to beat natsu
Natsu's rage amps are only useful if he's angered enough, I.E personal spite against him. He isn't boosting himself enough to completely surpass his foe unless genuinely wicked. Given that Link neither Natsu are evil or have ulterior I doubt his rage amps will do this, to clear any misconceptions Natsu isn't even comparable to the Hulk who amps himself just because you looked at him wrong.

* Is much more Natsu takes this via extreme difficultly, Natsu can only hope to take this via outlasting Link or via surpassing Link via rage amps but next round he should have enough damage done to him that he succumbs to his injuries sustained from previous injuries and his bout with Link here.
What next round?

Natsu's rage amps are only useful if he's angered enough, I.E personal spite against him. He isn't boosting himself enough to completely surpass his foe unless genuinely wicked. Given that Link neither Natsu are evil or have ulterior I doubt his rage amps will do this, to clear any misconceptions Natsu isn't even comparable to the Hulk who amps himself just because you looked at him wrong.
I mean If Link spams Nayru’s love like a madman I doubt Natsu wont get angry

I haven't really given Natsu's reasons just his advantages over Link and nice verse, FRA shouldn't really be counted tbh.

And Link can Spam NL for about half an hour, and stamina isn't much of an issue as both can for hours without rest. At some point Natsu is due to a bountiful replenish but Link isn't dumb as soon as he notices Natsu gaining a boost via eating his heat then Natsu immediately looses his Dragon Slayer advantage.

Regardless I see the victor heading out of this match with deep injuries heading into the next match since Link will only give Natsu one opportunity to seize the AP advantage but Natsu is still taking lots and lots of damage from this fight.

I haven't really given Natsu's reasons just his advantages over Link and nice verse, FRA shouldn't really be counted tbh.

And Link can Spam NL for about half an hour, and stamina isn't much of an issue as both can for hours without rest. At some point Natsu is due to a bountiful replenish but Link isn't dumb as soon as he notices Natsu gaining a boost via eating his heat then Natsu immediately looses his Dragon Slayer advantage.

Regardless I see the victor heading out of this match with deep injuries heading into the next match since Link will only give Natsu one opportunity to seize the AP advantage but Natsu is still taking lots and lots of damage from this fight.
I didnt realize that damage taken from this round carries over. Is that even a thing?

I'm under the assumption that's the case, it wouldn't make much sense for combatants of a tournament to be healed each round.

I don’t think that is a rule unless the maker wants it to be. It would be neat to try as a gimmick though. (After the 6-C one gets done (assuming it does.) I should try that in another tourney.)

I think a RoR death battle royal should make for an interesting series of threads.

Why have a bracket if said characters aren't getting slaughtered left and right?

We should save the discussion for another time but good idea. (If people were to just vote on my tourney I could do it right now.)

Light Manipulation & Paralysis Inducement (With deku nuts, creates a blinding flash of light and paralyzes his foes)

It doesn't say that at all tho.
Seeing as I'm the one that even made the upgrades to put that onto the profile I can note this is an outright stun, not blindless, it works on enemies without eyes and such too so yeah.

Back