• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-C No-Holds Barred Tournament: Nagash vs Thor

One passive moves the planet at calculable speeds, the other passive... doesn't have a speed
oh i just realized, there's been a misunderstanding i was talking about Nagash's powernull, that because his powernull is exclusively affecting his body, he wouldn't have the issue of being bonked by the planet

The spell effecting the planet gets converted into Aethyr and absorbed because it is in Nagash's effective range for his passive power null.

So basically, it never happened. I'm afraid that unless the planet rotating like that does it in-verse, that we can drop kick what we understand about physics, KE, and all of that right out the window and into the dumpster.
Eh, what? The entire planet isn't in range of his powernull. The powernull is "a foot or two around his body" (according to what Soma_King said).
That part gets negated. The part in his powernull range.

He can't negate a part of the spell that is 10 000km away. That is outside of his AoE. Unless his powernull has AoE feats of planetary-scale I'm unaware of.
As long as Thor can affect anything that is not inside the powernull's AoE range, the fact that he still moves 99.99999% of the planet outside of the powernull's AoE kills Nagash regardless. The planet outside powernull range, slams into the ground inside powernull range and said completly non-magical earth transfers impact by the regular laws of physics and kills Nagash.

Eh, what? The entire planet isn't in range of his powernull. The powernull is "a foot or two around his body" (according to what Soma_King said).
That part gets negated. The part in his powernull range.

He can't negate a part of the spell that is 10 000km away. That is outside of his AoE. Unless his powernull has AoE feats of planetary-scale I'm unaware of.
As long as Thor can affect anything that is not inside the powernull's AoE range, the fact that he still moves 99.99999% of the planet outside of the powernull's AoE kills Nagash regardless. The planet outside powernull range, slams into the ground inside powernull range and said completly non-magical earth transfers impact by the regular laws of physics and kills Nagash.
It would eat the entire spell just from succing on a bit of it. Cause there are indeed spells in Warhammer Fantasy that go way over Nagash's height and such

It would eat the entire spell just from succing on a bit of it. Cause there are indeed spells in Warhammer Fantasy that go way over Nagash's height and such
Nah, I don't see that. In fact, Thor even has precedent against that being the case.

The Almighty Thor spell worked against Touma, who has more OP passive powernull than Nagash (High 1-C level) but limited to just the right hand. The spell affecting Touma didn't negate it completely, Touma was still moved (and since his hand is attached to him it too). So only the part affecting the hand could have been influenced by the powernull.
You would need a massive load of evidence here to claim Nagash's powernull acts different than Touma's and negates the whole planetary effect of the Almighty Thor spell.

Uhhhh, Touma's right arm destroys the spell, Nagash's passive power null absorbs it. This ain't Nagash's active power null.

Also I'd like the whole "hit people with a planet" thing to be CRT'd onto the profile for AP and such, cause until then we are arguing crap that has no tier besides High 6-C, shit Nagash can wheeze off.

Guys again, he isnt being hit by the planet, he'd be floating off of the ground the most he'd be affected by the movement of the planet is just realizing something is weird going on

Uhhhh, Touma's right arm destroys the spell, Nagash's passive power null absorbs it. This ain't Nagash's active power null.
Makes no practical difference. Him absorbing the spell doesn't destroy it better than High 1-C powernull does.
Also I'd like the whole "hit people with a planet" thing to be CRT'd onto the profile for AP and such, cause until then we are arguing crap that has no tier besides High 6-C, shit Nagash can wheeze off.
Yeah, no. I already explained why under normal circumstances this shit ain't AP and hence not on the profile.
If you think getting hit with a planet real fast isn't far above High 6-C you're delusional. If you agree that Thor wins if I get a calc of it approved, I'm sure I can make the calc and get it approved in a few hours, though.
Guys again, he isnt being hit by the planet, he'd be floating off of the ground the most he'd be affected by the movement of the planet is just realizing something is weird going on
Floating off the ground doesn't prevent you from being hit by a projectile far above your speed. Even if it did, by Netwon's third law you would apply the same amount of force on yourself as if you had been hit with the planet.

Last edited:
ED would imply that it can destroy an environment, which the spell isn't capable of usually either. We are having a very specific exception here.

But again, if I get a calc of it approved, will you agree that Thor wins? If not, then I won't bother the calc group members with a calc that won't land on the profile anyway.

"Oh It has this tier 5 hax"

"Oh but it also has tier 5 AP"

Make up your damn mind.
I explained it often enough and at no point ever changed my story here. It is a spell that literally only does Tier 5 damage when someone partially negates it.
Like what, should I put on the profile "Tier 5 in the off-chance someone partially negates the spell"?

Yes. Like, "up to tier 5 with Alimighty Thor (Due to Almighty Thor moving Planet Earth and the oppoennt in the most advantageous position for Thor, it can use the planet to attack the foe at this level of power)"

Yes. Like, "up to tier 5 with Alimighty Thor (Due to Almighty Thor moving Planet Earth and the oppoennt in the most advantageous position for Thor, it can use the planet to attack the foe at this level of power)"
I literally couldn't put that, because it can only "attack the foe at this level of power" if the opponent has powernull like Nagash.
You literally have to make the power malfunction for this to happen.

well either Nagash is in range to power null it or he isn't which you stated he wouldnt be able to do before as Thor/his hammer get passively yeeted out of its range instantly.

Nagash goes for a long range nuke, Thor gets teleported to the other side of the earth. Nagsah spends 5 minutes developing a death ritual with planetary range and Thor dies.

Casters in warhammer almost never go for powernull as a proactive move, it's almost always a reaction/defensive reaction to offensive stuff.

well either Nagash is in range to power null it or he isn't which you stated he wouldnt be able to do before as Thor/his hammer get passively yeeted out of its range instantly.

Nagash goes for a long range nuke, Thor gets teleported to the other side of the earth. Nagsah spends 5 minutes developing a death ritual with planetary range and Thor dies.

Casters in warhammer almost never go for powernull as a proactive move, it's almost always a reaction/defensive reaction to offensive stuff.
The part of the spell that tries to move Nagash still gets negated, just not the rest of the spell outside of the powernull range.
Like what, are you saying that if someone shoots a magical projectile at Nagash from outside of his powernulls range it doesn't get negated open entering said range?
The explanation of how it works didn't sound like that to me.

And him never going for that as proactive move doesn't seem relevant when it is passive from what other people in the thread said.

we talking about two diff versions of powernull. Aethyr manip is active and his crown is passive. I really dont get how this character doesn't have tier 5 AP, just because its relevant in only one scenario doesn't make it irrelevant for it's AP section.

Honestly DT, you are quite clearly exploiting a loophole that can't even happen in Thor's verse, like, "he can throw the planet at you", but then you proceed to go "oh but he doesn't have tier 5 AP".

If he doesn't have tier 5 AP then he isn't obliterating Nagash and he is getting murdered in one way or another, just "It moves the planet and person to the best place for Thor to win" should mean it always yeets the planet at people and uses tier 5 AP, that's the most surefire way to win, aint it? But nah, it doesn't happen. And it won't happen here just because Nagash happens to be able to null the effect on himself.

Not to mention he has a Frost Aura that Freezes things solid instantly the moment they enter which would stop any projectiles (it even can freeze magic) before it gets nulled by his Crown

Honestly DT, you are quite clearly exploiting a loophole that can't even happen in Thor's verse, like, "he can throw the planet at you", but then you proceed to go "oh but he doesn't have tier 5 AP".

If he doesn't have tier 5 AP then he isn't obliterating Nagash and he is getting murdered in one way or another, just "It moves the planet and person to the best place for Thor to win" should mean it always yeets the planet at people and uses tier 5 AP, that's the most surefire way to win, aint it? But nah, it doesn't happen. And it won't happen here just because Nagash happens to be able to null the effect on himself.
You sure you read everything DT has been saying since the start? That's a common thing in Toaru, powers that affect something massive (planets, stars, galaxies) to do a minor effect, in this case teleportation, that's why it never yeets the planet at anyone, it's not an offensive spell it's an ridiculously excessive mobility spell.

Also, i want to add that i hate when people go with that logic that "not in the profile not valid or possible at all" like, the calc for the speed of Almighty as well as the quotes about it are there and they aren't complex at all, just literally stated distance in a short timeframe.

Last edited:
You sure you read everything DT has been saying since the start? That's a common thing in Toaru, powers that affect something massive (planets, stars, galaxies) to do a minor effect, in this case teleportation, that's why it never yeets the planet at anyone, it's not an offensive spell it's an ridiculously excessive mobility spell.

Also, i want to add that i hate when people go with that logic that "not in the profile not valid or possible at all" like, the calc for the speed of Almighty as well as the quotes about it are there and they aren't complex at all, just literally stated distance in a short timeframe.
And its being argued as an offensive spell, your point?

The quotes about it dictate that a tier 5 AP should be on the profile, cause, ya know, it moves the ****** planet.

Back