• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, is Asgard's centre the palace? Because from concept art and stuff, it didn't look like it was
Could've sworn the movie shots showed it as such.

Well, that'd push the death cap even higher I suppose. But the width... needs more skilled minds than mine, we need a top down view of Asgard.

Either way, distance moved by debris is okay because that relies on Surtur's size and not on Asgard I believe.

EDIT: Actually NVM, we just used Surtur to get thickness of Asgard, use that thickness to find Asgard's diameter from the full shots in the movie. I think

Could've sworn the movie shots showed it as such.

Well, that'd push the death cap even higher I suppose. But the width... needs more skilled minds than mine, we need a top down view of Asgard.

Either way, distance moved by debris is okay because that relies on Surtur's size and not on Asgard I believe.

EDIT: Actually NVM, we just used Surtur to get thickness of Asgard, use that thickness to find Asgard's diameter from the full shots in the movie. I think
What results do you think this will get?

Let me know when the matches have been removed so I can lock them please

Still Amazing
surtur-asgard.gif

It would mean nothing since he did it by destabilizing the core.

Note it would be an outlier as Thor nearly died to the Neutron Star, which as a highball was Low 6-B
There's a problem with that.

The 50K kelvin temperature wields Low 7-B, and we don't take heat like that to accumulate over time to large numbers, it'd just be endurance. Also the Low 7-B value is taken in one second, which we all know Thor was not remotely harmed by, it took minutes to bring him near death.

I believe the 1st one comes from the movie itself, so it'd probably better to use that
K.

Can anyone find a full body shot render of Surtur where he stands straight? Just a render. It's not like his 4km giant form would be any different proportionality-wise from his "human-size", since him being bent and all during the kneeling pose can prove to be a problem, so I'd want to pick one body part that is properly straight, like his head, or knee or elbow-to-fist length or some shit or even his blade width or stuff.

**** ME, THE SHOT WHERE SURTUR GROWS TO FULL SIZE IS NO LONGER ON YOUTUBE. The ones linked in Jasonsith's comments section at least.

There's a problem with that.

The 50K kelvin temperature wields Low 7-B, and we don't take heat like that to accumulate over time to large numbers, it'd just be endurance. Also the Low 7-B value is taken in one second, which we all know Thor was not remotely harmed by, it took minutes to bring him near death.
I chalk it up to durability negation tbh. Once temperature reaches a certain point it can bypass standard physical defences iirc.

So if Surtur's calc was accepted, would that mean that there'd be another mass upgrade for top-tier characters like Odin, Hela and Thanos, or would that apply solely to Surtur?

So if Surtur's calc was accepted, would that mean that there'd be another mass upgrade for top-tier characters like Odin, Hela and Thanos, or would that apply solely to Surtur?
No. Right now no one should scale to Surtur's calc and possibly for the foreseeable future. That explosion literally killed Surtur. If anything, it should establish a power cap for pre-Love and Thunder characters IMHO that aren't Eternals or somesuch.

No. Right now no one should scale to Surtur's calc and possibly for the foreseeable future. That explosion literally killed Surtur. If anything, it should establish a power cap for pre-Love and Thunder characters IMHO that aren't Eternals or somesuch.
Actually this would scale to Gorr, as there was a leaked clip of the fight between him and Thor in which Thor states the attack he used on the moon they're fighting on is stronger than the one Surtur used to destroy Asgard

Iirc someone earlier said that the attack killed Surtur cuz his destiny and therefore life was tied to fulfilling Ragnarok and destroying Asgard. I don't remember that, could someone explain?

Is this the Surtur calc being used currently? If so it seems like it's calculating the size of the palace and using that to get the volume of ass guard, i think calculating the thickness using Surtur's 4km height would get a better result
Also it looks like the palace is in the middle from the 3rd image
Also found this calc and this one too for Surtur destroying Asgard and i have no idea which one is being used because they're all country level
This is the problem with not listing calcs on the verse page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back