• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Fire Emblem Fates and Awakening

So.... I've noticed quite a few issues on the Fates profiles. For starters, 7-B for Fates is... off

The actual feat is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-wln1MTmD4

However, it seems this feat was arbitrarily assigned 7-B for no reason. Not only is that a castle, not a city, but Anankos is actually pretty clearly at best 8-B via size based on sprites. Worry not however, as in that scene, the hole is shown consuming the broken shards which compose Valla, making it a 6-B feat.

There is more to it, however. In the Hidden Truths DLC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gwC8k8RNMo), Anankos Soul states Owain, Inigo, and Severa all fought against Grima, meaning they would scale as well.

In that same DLC, however, Anankos has another huge feat. Namely, he heals the damage to the entire world, which is a High 6-A feat. Furthermore, it has two supporting feats, one in Grima having caused said damage, and the other is a statement by the Rainbow Sage, a drgon comparable to Anankos, stated he would destroy the world if he were to go insane.

Anankos should also get Type 9 immortality due to being similar to the Sage, who is stated to be a higher being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dFuQdZfPAs

He brings people back to life. That's it. There's no justification for that being High 6-A for him.

Ah.. okay. That makes sense

IIRC, he speaks with the three and they mention that their timelines world is ravaged and torn after he asks for what they wish in exchange for taking on disguiese. After they fight off Sumeragi, he heals all the damage to the erth and ecosystem done by Grima, and hears rejoicing from the souls of the dead.

Theglassman12 said:
He brings people back to life. That's it. There's no justification for that being High 6-A for him.
No.... that's quite literally the opposite of what occurs. He outright states he can't do that.

Yes he can, the characters even hear the people in their future thanks to Anankos' powers.

Those are explicitly souls only Anankos can hear. They outright ask if its possible, and he straight up says no.

The context is that Grima wrecked Ylisse and the rest of the continents in a bad future, and Anankos fixed it all and made the land fertile again under the condition that Inigo, Owain, and Serena help him.

It's hax, not AP.

I understand that much. My problem is that it's explicitly a terraforming feat, and fertile implies that he only restored the soil. If he restored the entire world instantly than it does affect AP.

@Yobo

Do you have a scan proving terraforming?

I still think it's hax rather than AP.

I dont have a scan because it's a interpretation of the above feat, which is essentially Terra forming. As I've said, fertile implies it only affected the soil.

Yeah, this is a bit iffy, but None of those characters scale from Grima; Inigo, Owain, and Severa are only 8-A. However, I'm not certain if Anankos' second key could scale to Grima, but if what Reppuzan says is true, that's more like reality warping hax rather than AP. Also, no one except Corrin would scale from Anankos if he does get any upgrades.

Also, Grima is High 6-B not High 6-A

Theglassman12 said:
No

He outright states he cannot revive the dead, Anankos even creates graves for them

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, this is a bit iffy, but None of those characters scale from Grima; Inigo, Owain, and Severa are only 8-A. However, I'm not certain if Anankos' second key could scale to Grima, but if what Reppuzan says is true, that's more like reality warping hax rather than AP. Also, no one except Corrin would scale from Anankos if he does get any upgrades.
Also, Grima is High 6-B not High 6-A
Except its explicitly stated they fought him? As for the second part, if its due to canonicity issues I have a thread planned for that.

Except Scaling to Grima is not consistent

If they could've fought and defeated Grima they would've done so in their future and then probably not have even gone back in time as the problem they came to fix is easily solved, as that would imply anyone could defeat Grima

Anyways, I was going to do a revision involving the top tiers of Awakening (and, by extension, Genealogy of the Holy War)

Scaling =/= Overpowering tho, as we have a plethora of characters who are weaker than another but are rated as such due to harming them. It by no means implies they could defeat him.

Also, iirc, weren't there only about 10 kids? IMO that hardly constitutes sheer numbers.

Okay, lemme just go through this

High 6-B 2nd Generation of Awakening means High 6-B 1st Generation of Awakening, meaning High 6-B Pre-Training Donnel, meaning High 6-B Regular Humans, meaning High 6-B anyone without Falchion/Exalted Falchion/Holy Weapons

Random Village Maiden Chrom forcibly marries when no other females are available to him is now scaled to Grima

Normal Humans have been consistently shown to be at least somewhat on par though, heck, Donnel is a prime example of this when you first get him, and even Child Alm has been shown to be capable of harming Slayde

They should only scale if they had sacred powerful weapons like Falchion, not normally nor with the endgame excuse.

Endgame logic means Marth (Without Falchion, of course) and people comparable to him are High 6-B in the beginning of New Mystery/Book 2 of Mystery, and much higher in the end of New Mystery

Starting to feel like Falchion and Holy Weapons are absolutely useless

Huh. I guess that's fair enough. BTW, tho, if it's about Holy Weapons, why don't we scale the brothers to Anankos? Not arguing, just asking.

As for the rest?

Because the only weapon the Rainbow Sage created that actually scales to Anankos is the Omega Yato, which in itself is Yato + Fujin Yumi + Raijinto + Brynhildr + Siegfried

Why is that tho? They canonically tank the Black Hole due to being present and should at least be somewhat comparable due to giving power the the aforementioned Yato.

No... I don't think it would. The weapons are expilicitly beyond other weapons and don't really consistently get overpowered by anything but the Yato.

Anyway, we can save scaling for another thread honestly. It wasn't really my intention to discuss it here.

Only Protagonists with holy weapons should canonically scale to end game bosses; been discussed multiple times. It's absurd for civilians or untrained children to naturally be on par with them. It's the same as having 3-A Bulma. In canon, Grima is invulnerable to literally everything except for the Exalted Falchion and End Game Robin. And same with Anankos, in canon, he's invulnerable to everything except for Corrin wielding the Omega Yato. Same thing goes for pretty much every end game boss in Fire Emblem.

About Type 9, nothing really seems to suggest they have some sort of "true self" in a separate/higher plane

Back