• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Black Clover Upgrade

Does anyone have any proof that the devil porcentages work linearly for the disciples and that " base " dark triad is using 1% devil power , if the anwser for any of those questions is no then this thread got no grounds and i will not was my goodwill adressing refuted arguments who lack a solid basis

Does anyone have any proof that the devil porcentages work linearly for the disciples
Occam's Razor GG. The power is directly granted from the triad. It is unfounded to say that the mechanics would suddenly change.
" base " dark triad is using 1% devil power
Your argument relies on the presupposition that Vanica was using any devil power against her disciple.
i will not was my goodwill adressing refuted arguments who lack a solid basis
You have failed to refute anything.

Occam's Razor GG. The power is directly granted from the triad. It is unfounded to say that the mechanics would suddenly
The mechanics are individual power + devil power , can't claim that it is linear without knowing an individual non-boosted power
Your argument relies on the presupposition that Vanica was using any devil power against her disciple.
Your argument relies on the presupposition that vanica was not using any devil power against her disciple
You have failed to refute anything.
You have failed to prove anything

I agree with the OP’s conclusions. Especially if Sarado is stated to be stage 0 and Asta could fight her, then in turn the 5% Spade dude could harm Asta. I was neutral on the base Vanica stuff but after reading the “note 2” it seems there’s a high enough preponderance of evidence to claim it was more than likely base Vanica who one shot her lackey.

Upon looking at this again, I'm leaning toward agreeing still but the one thing that bothers me is the captain guy's use of Poison Magic. I know it's been explained that it has an AP component due to being able to be used to damage zombies, which have no life. Still, the concerning part of this is Gordon's statement that their non-alive state means he can use his magic to his heart's content, meaning using it on humans would be deadlier.

Also, I'm not sure if it can be said for certain that Asta always has his Anti-Mana Skin up.

It being a poison based gas makes it not scale AP wise. It’s not the same kind of ability as an AP attack. It’s a corrosive based effect that is more akin to Durability Negation, such as how Acid works. We don’t see Asta have his Anti-Magic Mana Skin activated when the Poison is effective. As well, we can’t exactly say this dude’s Poison Magic functions the same as Gordon’s.

So I disagree with the AP scaling of this

It being a poison based gas makes it not scale AP wise. It’s not the same kind of ability as an AP attack. It’s a corrosive based effect that is more akin to Durability Negation, such as how Acid works. We don’t see Asta have his Anti-Magic Mana Skin activated when the Poison is effective. As well, we can’t exactly say this dude’s Poison Magic functions the same as Gordon’s.

So I disagree with the AP scaling of this
It's already stated in the series that most knights are using mana skin or reinforcement magic. Which is an ability that Asta is mimicking. No reason to assume Asta isn't using anti-mana skin, the anti-magic is invisible after he activates the form.

Furthermore, Asta made this technique to rival mana skin and one of the goals was to allow him to pass through grand magic regions like the underground volcano. Asta traveled through a grand magic region to the spade base. One he considered particularly difficult to travel through. So it would be more than likely he was using anti-mana skin at this point, since he just traveled through a tough magic region. This means that the spade captain's poison was strong enough to bypass the anti-mana skin. Giving it potency. This is backed up by being a stage 0 spell.

Upon looking at this again, I'm leaning toward agreeing still but the one thing that bothers me is the captain guy's use of Poison Magic. I know it's been explained that it has an AP component due to being able to be used to damage zombies, which have no life. Still, the concerning part of this is Gordon's statement that their non-alive state means he can use his magic to his heart's content, meaning using it on humans would be deadlier.

Also, I'm not sure if it can be said for certain that Asta always has his Anti-Mana Skin up.
I'm not sure that's what it would mean. I took it as that; he doesn't have to worry about holding back and not killing them because they're already dead.

I explained to Mitch why he would have anti-mana skin activated. That should be just above.

Something that I also think helps this is that Gordon's attack did nothing to an elf despite his forbidden fruit being amped by Henry. Elves we know have natural mana barriers from having high mana. So that means that it was protected by a psuedo-mana skin. Whereas the captain was strong enough to bypass Asta's much stronger anti-mana skin.

It's already stated in the series that most knights are using mana skin or reinforcement magic. Which is an ability that Asta is mimicking. No reason to assume Asta isn't using anti-mana skin, the anti-magic is invisible after he activates the form.

Furthermore, Asta made this technique to rival mana skin and one of the goals was to allow him to pass through grand magic regions like the underground volcano. Asta traveled through a grand magic region to the spade base. One he considered particularly difficult to travel through. So it would be more than likely he was using anti-mana skin at this point, since he just traveled through a tough magic region. This means that the spade captain's poison was strong enough to bypass the anti-mana skin. Giving it potency. This is backed up by being a stage 0 spell.
Also it's worth keeping in mind that this manga chapter was made before this anime canon episode. The reason I mention this is that Asta immediately goes into his Black Asta form after getting rid of the poison, which negates incoming magical effects (like the heat of Yultim Volcano), which leads me to believe he went into his Black Asta form specifically to counter the poison

Also it's worth keeping in mind that this manga chapter was made before this anime canon episode. The reason I mention this is that Asta immediately goes into his Black Asta form after getting rid of the poison, which negates incoming magical effects (like the heat of Yultim Volcano), which leads me to believe he went into his Black Asta form specifically to counter the poison
While I understand this point, I just don’t think it holds any water. I think bringing up the dates would be more understandable if the production was something like several years a part.

But chapter 229 only came out 5 months before the release of episode 132. It generally takes a couple of months to animate an episode, and seeing as Tabata and his time supervised the creation of the story in those episodes would imply that the production of chapter 229 and episode 132 are fairly close. Even possible that the script for 132 was written before 229.

But even if there was undeniable proof that Tabata had no idea for a use of anti-mana skin, the continuity does. Asta prior to 229, has an ability that grant him protection with anti-magic, and it’s original use was for surviving grand magic regions. It’s invisible. So I believe there would need to be considerable more evidence for Asta to not be using this ability when he’s in the middle of doing something that would specifically require it.

As for him transforming into black form to survive the poison, I don’t necessarily buy it. He also needed to create a super massive black divider, which may have not been accessible in base form. Or since anti-mana skin is canon he needed a stronger anti-magic to neg the potency of the poison.

I understand the contentions I just don’t believe there’s enough evidence to those claims.

Can someone explain to me why poisoning someone through anti-mana skin is AP correlated and not just a hax feat/weakness for Asta’s anti-mana skin? That part has me a tad bit confused.
Because AM negates mana, it shouldn't matter how that mana is being used since it's still mana. Anyway my problem with this is that a 50% Dark Disciple would need to be 10 times stronger than a Spade Captain which makes no damn sense and has nothing that implies that.

Can someone explain to me why poisoning someone through anti-mana skin is AP correlated and not just a hax feat/weakness for Asta’s anti-mana skin? That part has me a tad bit confused.
Because poison manipulation is how organisms are affected. The poison magic or mana would need to be strong enough to bypass Asta’s anti-mana skin. Has it’s actual effect is on living organisms. It’s AP though is above anti-mana skin.

Because AM negates mana, it shouldn't matter how that mana is being used since it's still mana. Anyway my problem with this is that a 50% Dark Disciple would need to be 10 times stronger than a Spade Captain which makes no damn sense and has nothing that implies that.
Because it’s already accepted the devil percentages are linear here.

It’s confirmed 50% disicples > 40% disicples by zenon.

Which means that spade captain can only use 1/10 the power a 50% disicple like Svenkin could.

Ngl, nothing proves that the anime canon came at the same time as chapter 229.

Saying it takes a couple of time to animate an episode is true, saying it took five months to animate an episode (that doesn't have a lot of animation to begin with) is hard to believe, especially when nothing suggest it took a month, let alone 5 to animate it.

Even then, manga chapters are not drawn within a week either. In fact, Manga creators tend to draw chapters that would be released couple weeks after

Because poison manipulation is how organisms are affected. The poison magic or mana would need to be strong enough to bypass Asta’s anti-mana skin. Has it’s actual effect is on living organisms. It’s AP though is above anti-mana skin.
So basically poison potency is proportional to mana is proportional to AP?

There is actually.

A spade captain use 5% DP while Dark Disciples use 50%, they all receive their DP from the same source (Dark Triad's) so there's no difference between a 5% from a DD than a 5% from a Captain. DD are just more compatible with DP and thus use more than the captains.

Not to mention the obvious power gap between them. Leo said that they are at most stage 2 and solos the whole squad without taking any damage, while Dark Disciples are genuine stage 0s and can pretty much low diff Leo and Luck until they use True Magic

Overall I'm neutral about the poison thing, because it assumes that Poison spell was pure AP which can be debatable, it also depends on whether or not Asta was using AM skin in the first place (we have no proof of that)

There is actually.

A spade captain use 5% DP while Dark Disciples use 50%, they all receive their DP from the same source (Dark Triad's) so there's no difference between a 5% from a DD than a 5% from a Captain. DD are just more compatible with DP and thus use more than the captains.

Not to mention the obvious power gap between them. Leo said that they are at most stage 2 and solos the whole squad without taking any damage, while Dark Disciples are genuine stage 0s and can pretty much low diff Leo and Luck until they use True Magic
My problem is not whether or not 50% devil power gives a 10 times bigger increase in power as 5% Devil power.

My problem is the assumption that their base strength is equivalent to 1% devil power and subsequently that they become 50 times stronger when they use 50% devil power.

We know that the deal that the DDs and Spade Captains made was different from the one the Dark Triad so we shouldn't assume they work the same way.

My problem is not whether or not 50% devil power gives a 10 times bigger increase in power as 5% Devil power.

My problem is the assumption that their base strength is equivalent to 1% devil power and subsequently that they become 50 times stronger when they use 50% devil power.

We know that the deal that the DDs and Spade Captains made was different from the one the Dark Triad so we shouldn't assume they work the same way.
Using 1% Devil Power on top of your existing power would, on all accounts, be stronger than using 0% Devil Power and only using your existing power

Ngl, nothing proves that the anime canon came at the same time as chapter 229.
That's not even the point. The point is that it's a tall burden to state that anti-mana skin didn't exist as a concept prior to Episode 132. Episodes take 1-2 months to animate. This doesn't include the time it took to script episodes, Tabata's team supervising the outline of the story for the anime-canon, etc. Plus the guidebook states that Tabata and his editor know what's happening far ahead in time. As he took over when the elves reincarnted but knew what was going to happen with Lumiere's reveal 50 chapters later.
Saying it takes a couple of time to animate an episode is true, saying it took five months to animate an episode (that doesn't have a lot of animation to begin with) is hard to believe, especially when nothing suggest it took a month, let alone 5 to animate it.
I never said it took 5 months to animate an episode. I said it takes 1-2 months which pushes the two a lot closer. But scripting/conceptual edits take place long before anime production begins, which makes it possible that the writing for the material predates chapter 229. And with tabata knowing over a years worth of material in advance and sharing that with his editor gives it a high burden to claim that Tabata didn't know or plan about anti-mana skin.
Even then, manga chapters are not drawn within a week either. In fact, Manga creators tend to draw chapters that would be released couple weeks after
A couple of weeks vs a couple of months doesn't negate the fact that their inception is far closer than 5 months. Especially when what really matters in the end is what's canon. In canon, Asta has anti-mana skin. An ability that isn't visible, with one of its uses allowing him easier travel through a strong magic region. In chapter 229, Asta travels through a strong magic region. This magic region gave him some trouble. This was a serious moment for him because he knew that spade citizens were being tortured. So it makes no sense for him to not be using anti-mana skin. Otherwise he'd be making his journey to save people slower and more arduous.

Overall I'm neutral about the poison thing, because it assumes that Poison spell was pure AP which can be debatable, it also depends on whether or not Asta was using AM skin in the first place (we have no proof of that)
Pretty much anything is debatable. But we also know he's a Stage 0. And It's stated the lower the stage the stronger the magic. Thus applying magical potency to the spell as well.

I've already expressed why it's far more likely that he was using anti-mana skin than not. Asta being able to use Black Divider outside of his black form would be some evidence for this as well. Since he needs to draw out anti-magic power to do so.

So yeah, I don’t believe this poison based attack is AP based, it’s very clearly Durability Negation based and shouldn’t scale this dude’s AP to Post-TS Base Asta

So yeah, I don’t believe this poison based attack is AP based, it’s very clearly Durability Negation based and shouldn’t scale this dude’s AP to Post-TS Base Asta
It bypassed his anti-mana skin, so I don’t see how it wouldn’t scale to his AP. Poison manipulation is classified on the server as effecting living organisms. It bypassing anti-mana skin, a supernatural energy and never stated to be living, means it’s not just durability negation.

The potency of his spell being classified as Stage 0 supports this.

Just like the "high 3a" thread, this one completely goes against actual feats in-verse. In fact, BC doesnt have "6b" calcs either - they're mountain/multi-mountain level at best, and not ftl.

Back