• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 4-C Tournament Round 1, Match 4 (Popeye vs Daewi Han)

The fact that Daewi doesn't have to touch Popeye and just has to think to telekinetically launch him into the stratosphere? This and Haetae then potentially just blasting him away with a mouth laser?
They’re going to be able to do all that while there’s a corrupting animation frame? Popeye could just BFR then just turn invisible, use his really good toon force, straight up just fly and grab him and yeet him away, etc. There’s going to be to much going on for Daewi to think and Popeye’s haxs him to death and is more likely to BFR him anyway.

Do you have a scan of how the corrupting animation frame works? Because like I said, Daewi just needs to think and yeet Popeye away from him. Invisibility won't work because Daewi's barrier surrounds him in a sphere so the moment Popeye disappears, Daewi would just activate it.

Do you have a scan of how the corrupting animation frame works? Because like I said, Daewi just needs to think and yeet Popeye away from him. Invisibility won't work because Daewi's barrier surrounds him in a sphere so the moment Popeye disappears, Daewi would just activate it.
Here’s it happening plus the guy who stitched the animation frame back together could theoretically help Popeye the same way Haetae helps Daewi. Plus why would Daewi put up a barrier if he’s about to get BFR’d? Wouldn’t he want to fly away leaving him vulnerable meaning Popeye uses his flight to get to him and yeets him or haxs him? Plus couldn’t Popeye just get rid of the barrier with transmutation or deconstruction? Popeye still has other hax other than invisibility to. He could literally use anything and it one shots Daewi.

Honestly with Popeye having a regeneration, immortality, stamina, several hax win cons, and an intelligence advantage it seems he would win more times than not anyway even though I think that Popeye’s hax is going to kill Daewi straight off the bat. Popeye’s advantages out weigh Daewi’s advantages.

Daewi's BFR would be way faster if that is the fastest showing of Popeye's animation corrupting.

Also, Daewi's barrier is pretty much instant and another go-to for Daewi.

Last edited:
Also, the only thing I can find regarding Popeye's low-godly feat is an upgrade thread that says he regenerated his body after eating spinach as a spirit. What's stopping Daewi from simply killing him as a spirit before he eats his spinach?

Sure Popeye has more hax but most of them are negged by Daewi just yeeting Popeye away with a single thought or using ranged attacks to kill him in body and then as a spirit which the massive difference in AP would make that practically instant.

There is no real way that Popeyes could get close to Daewi or have enough time to activate his hax with Daewi's thought based BFR and hax and prior knowledge. I would even argue Daewi wins without prior knowledge.

Last edited:
https://orig01.deviantart.net/cf9e/f/2016/017/8/2/4thwall01_by_doctorworm1987-d9obgo9.gif Here’s it happening plus the guy who stitched the animation frame back together could theoretically help Popeye the same way Haetae helps Daewi. Plus why would Daewi put up a barrier if he’s about to get BFR’d? Wouldn’t he want to fly away leaving him vulnerable meaning Popeye uses his flight to get to him and yeets him or haxs him? Plus couldn’t Popeye just get rid of the barrier with transmutation or deconstruction? Popeye still has other hax other than invisibility to. He could literally use anything and it one shots Daewi.
Please explain this ability cus I’m so confused what the hell did I just watch. Why can’t daewi just fly using haetae or hang on just like popeye did? All it looks like it does is disrupt their footing and make them fall into limbo.

I’m confused on how that is the main win con when Daewi can just send him flying with a single thought and it’s over. Also why would the dude behind the screen help popeye in this fight is that even allowed?

Edit: rewatching the clip and it looks like the people attacking popeye are still actively attacking him while the hack is going off do they have resistance or is it just not instant.

Yeah I don't see how the animation reel tearing is faster than a thought. Plus, like Dienomite said, Daewi has non-physical interaction so he could just yeet Popeye's ghost.

Not really? The clip showing the animation corruption is far slower than Daewi simply thinking Popeye into the stratosphere.

A difference of three votes is enough for a match and since the votes for popeye shouldn't be valid anymore while Daewi has 3 votes, Daewi technically won. I mean we can go to grace to see if any popeye votes have any counterarguments just to make it fair.

What are popeye's wincons, again?
Even if Daewi can't kill him, can he kill Daewi with an AP gap that large?

Popeye can outlast, could in theory just hold him down with his stellar LS
That's not a win-con.
That's an inconclusive-con.

Especially considering Daewi can regenerate his stamina in just minutes, he could probably just take a short nap while Popeye is uselessly trying to harm him.

That's not a win-con.
That's an inconclusive-con.

Especially considering Daewi can regenerate his stamina in just minutes, he could probably just take a short nap while Popeye is uselessly trying to harm him.
im not fit to argue for popeye here, so i guess we gotta wait for Almighty to show up and give us any wincons he has, otherwise this could be a stomp.

Daewi's BFR would be way faster if that is the fastest showing of Popeye's animation corrupting.

Also, Daewi's barrier is pretty much instant and another go-to for Daewi.
Again Daewi wouldn’t have time to use it when everything’s corrupting around him. And tbf Popeye was surrounded and had no prior knowledge of his situation when he used his BFR. Popeye has prior knowledge and would use his genius intelligence to strategize the best way to beat Daewi.

What good is a barrier when he’s going to get BFR’d and would he even have time to use it given the circumstances?

Also, the only thing I can find regarding Popeye's low-godly feat is an upgrade thread that says he regenerated his body after eating spinach as a spirit. What's stopping Daewi from simply killing him as a spirit before he eats his spinach?

Sure Popeye has more hax but most of them are negged by Daewi just yeeting Popeye away with a single thought or using ranged attacks to kill him in body and then as a spirit which the massive difference in AP would make that practically instant.

There is no real way that Popeyes could get close to Daewi or have enough time to activate his hax with Daewi's thought based BFR and hax and prior knowledge. I would even argue Daewi wins without prior knowledge.
Even if that’s the case, Popeye isn’t just going to sit there and take blows from Daewi. Again Popeye has prior knowledge and an intelligence advantage so what’s stopping him from using BFR or anything else for an instant win via hax?
Please explain this ability cus I’m so confused what the hell did I just watch. Why can’t daewi just fly using haetae or hang on just like popeye did? All it looks like it does is disrupt their footing and make them fall into limbo.

I’m confused on how that is the main win con when Daewi can just send him flying with a single thought and it’s over. Also why would the dude behind the screen help popeye in this fight is that even allowed?

Edit: rewatching the clip and it looks like the people attacking popeye are still actively attacking him while the hack is going off do they have resistance or is it just not instant.
Because Popeye can forcefully throw Daewi out while this is happening or literally any hax. Popeye disrupts the animation frame and it BFRs opponents.

I honestly think we’re underestimating Popeye’s abilities here. Daewi’s going to have time to throw Popeye out while he’s dealing with forceful BFR, being forcefully thrown out, or getting haxed? You’re telling me a genius can’t get ONE hit on Daewi, that’s really all Popeye needs.

It’s hard to tell but given the fact that it’s dealing with getting strung out of the animation, the people likely have a slight resistance.

Yeah I don't see how the animation reel tearing is faster than a thought. Plus, like Dienomite said, Daewi has non-physical interaction so he could just yeet Popeye's ghost.
Popeye can use arguably use BFR with a thought and pretty much everything else I said above. Also couldn’t Popeye theoretically fly back to Daewi (albeit it could take so time) from space and use his clairvoyance to find him

In conclusion, Daewi may have an AP advantage and hax of his own, but Popeye has every other leg up. Popeye has an intelligence advantage, hax advantage, regeneration (albeit he has to have spinach), etc. What’s stopping Popeye from flying back to Daewi, what’s stopping him from possibly hypnotizing Daewi or Haetae (especially Haetae since isn’t he a kind of in a way an animal like creature? Would animal manipulation work on him), what’s stopping Popeye from using transmutation, invisibility, magnetism and matter manip, his toon force, etc. I just think Popeye has enough counters to pull in a win (especially with prior knowledge)

Sorry for the long wait everyone btw. That’s my bad.

Again Daewi wouldn’t have time to use it when everything’s corrupting around him. And tbf Popeye was surrounded and had no prior knowledge of his situation when he used his BFR. Popeye has prior knowledge and would use his genius intelligence to strategize the best way to beat Daewi.

What good is a barrier when he’s going to get BFR’d and would he even have time to use it given the circumstances?
Daewi literally just needs to think and Popeye is yeeted out of the planet (which also kills him via the ap difference). Nothing Popeye has that would be useful in defeating Daewi is fast as Daewi simply thinking or can be used at the long-range based on what's on his profile.

Even if that’s the case, Popeye isn’t just going to sit there and take blows from Daewi. Again Popeye has prior knowledge and an intelligence advantage so what’s stopping him from using BFR or anything else for an instant win via hax?
Popeye won't be taking blows as Daewi just one taps and destroys Popeye's body with a single thought and hax that activates instantly, leaving Daewi to simply kill him in soul form which is just as easy for him. It doesn't matter how intelligent Popeye is when facing an opponent who would start off with an instant kill thought-based ranged attack hax that Popeye could only potentially counter if given time (which he wouldn't have).

Because Popeye can forcefully throw Daewi out while this is happening or literally any hax. Popeye disrupts the animation frame and it BFRs opponents.

I honestly think we’re underestimating Popeye’s abilities here. Daewi’s going to have time to throw Popeye out while he’s dealing with forceful BFR, being forcefully thrown out, or getting haxed? You’re telling me a genius can’t get ONE hit on Daewi, that’s really all Popeye needs.

It’s hard to tell but given the fact that it’s dealing with getting strung out of the animation, the people likely have a slight resistance.
Throwing Daewi out of the frame requires Popeye to physically move the frame which takes more time to do than simply thinking so it won't work. How does Popeye deal with being nigh instantly destroyed in body and soul? Popeye can't pull off any meaning hax because they require movement or are slower than Daewi simply thinking.

Popeye can use arguably use BFR with a thought and pretty much everything else I said above. Also couldn’t Popeye theoretically fly back to Daewi (albeit it could take so time) from space and use his clairvoyance to find him

In conclusion, Daewi may have an AP advantage and hax of his own, but Popeye has every other leg up. Popeye has an intelligence advantage, hax advantage, regeneration (albeit he has to have spinach), etc. What’s stopping Popeye from flying back to Daewi, what’s stopping him from possibly hypnotizing Daewi or Haetae (especially Haetae since isn’t he a kind of in a way an animal like creature? Would animal manipulation work on him), what’s stopping Popeye from using transmutation, invisibility, magnetism and matter manip, his toon force, etc. I just think Popeye has enough counters to pull in a win (especially with prior knowledge)

Sorry for the long wait everyone btw. That’s my bad.
What’s stopping Popeye from flying back to Daewi?

Daewi killing Popeye with a thought or yeeting him again.

what’s stopping him from possibly hypnotizing Daewi or Haetae (especially Haetae since isn’t he a kind of in a way an animal like creature? Would animal manipulation work on him)

Read above again and Popeyes' animal manipulation is not an attack or control thing. He just summons a seal.

transmutation

Requires him to punch his opponent so basically zero chance of Popeye using this.

invisibility

Takes time to activate and Daewi can likely still see him when he's invisible. Either way it's still pretty much useless with Daewi's aoe thought-based attacks and superior ability range.

magnetism

Requires Popeye to move and is completely useless.

matter manip

Takes time to use and is completely useless based on the feat on the profile.

toon force

Basically, a wild card that may or may not be useful. Not something that would give Popeye a definitive win condition.

Popeye has impressive sounding hax but they are either completely useless or are only used for utility/support for Popeye and not for attacking opponents. Popeye's few potential ways to defeat Daewi take time to pull off and/or require Popeye to punch Daewi while all Daewi has to do is use his thought-based ranged attacks to BFR Popeye or kill Popeye in body and then in soul, something Daewi is 100% willing to do even without prior knowledge. This match easily goes to Daewi.

It seems that all the popeye votes came from Almighty Wholesome's reasoning and they haven't responded to my post in nearly a week. I think it's safe to say this match goes to Daewi.

Back