• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hetalia Nation's are Abstract Conceptual Beings? (Input Needed)

So, due to many vsthread against the characters being that the Nations Win against X Character because of their immortality. I've done some thinking, and I believe they are Abstract Concepts with Human Forms.

Currently. Every nation has Immortality Type 8. (Reliant Immortality: The character cannot die as long as a certain being, object, or even concept exists.)

For a character to be an abstract being, one of the possible uses is infact Reliant Immortality from the "Abstract Existence" page.

This would also explain how "Prussia" and "Rome" are still able to exist in the present day/time despite their countries being non-existent physically. Humanity still holds some form of concept of Rome and Prussia, however, it is not as strong as current day nations that exist physically such as America or France.

Example 1: Prussia likely still has culture and people existing despite being absorbed into Germany.

Example 2: Rome still exists due to it's lasting image on all of Western Europe. (Which in the anime/manga is such a major figure even among the nations themselves.)

But I'm not entirely sure, I really would appreciate feedback.

What do you mean? The only thing I can tell you is that both the nations themselves and normal humans/political figures recognize that they have human forms but are something "different"

In fact, most nations characters simply "show up" and are simply existing. An example of this would be France, UK and Norway reaching the continent of America and finding the Character America/USA there as a "child"

Pepper14832 said:
What do you mean? The only thing I can tell you is that both the nations themselves and normal humans/political figures recognize that they have human forms but are something "different"

In fact, most nations characters simply "show up" and are simply existing. An example of this would be France, UK and Norway reaching the continent of America and finding the Character America/USA there as a "child"
So there's nothing other then speculation that proves they're conceptual?

I am confused. We have already proved they are conceptual beings based on giving them Type 8 Immortality from long ago. I believe what I meant to be asking is would they apply to Abstract Characters or Non-Corporeal

Them having Type 8 =/= being conceptual beings

If they are born from people thoughts on said country and embodies them then yes they are abstracts

I think it fits. But of course the more input on this the better. It also appears specficially Hetalia Characters are Moe anthropomorphism characters

And as you say ALRF, it seems that they are born from people's thoughts on said countries.

A national personificatio is an anthropomorphism of a natio or its people.

So do most of you agree that they should get abstract existence?

It appears Shrek and Cropfist agree.

TheFourthEmpire does not.

And I have added all the input I can for this subject. As ALRF said:

"If they are born from people thoughts on said country and embodies them then yes they are abstracts"

I believe this does fit Hetalia Characters because they are literal beings that represent the sterotypes that humans have on each country in the world. Plus the nations aren't born in the traditional human sense nor do they "die"

The only confirmed dead Character is HRE (Holy Roman Empire) Rome himself is still existing and so is Prussia. Them being Abstract Beings could explain their continued existince to some degree.

I suppose that we should add abstract existence to their pages then.

I don't think so, but I am not experienced with versus threads.

Well, as I mentioned, I am fine with if somebody wants to add this ability to the profiles.

Well, if the majority of your agree I can start adding this to the profile. I hope this doesn't make too much of a drastic change to vs battle threads. If it does beyond Type 8 Immortality, let me know.

Before we go into that. I must mention that as I have research more into Hetalia lore, I have found that the countries not only exist because of people's thoughts and people themselves, but they also have a connection to the land itself.

For proof they are tied to the land, is this. https://bamboothicket2.livejournal.com/69083.html

Although that was a dream England had the wiki does state that., the nations' body height usually depends on the size of their country territory, wealth, and power. I am putting emphasis on size here. I believe Dark and I talked about this before.

Not only that but the wiki also states that, The nations may also feel pain when a disaster occurs, such as when Japan experiences stomach pain during the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923.

Not only that, but many parts of their bodies also represent LAND in their country.

I'm not sure if this means anything. But would being tied to the land have anything to do with their tier or is this strictly just with immortality/abstract existence?

I noticed that Gaea from Percy Jackson is rated Low-5B because she is the personification of Earth, hence her Low-5B rating.

Has anybody performed the additions to the profile pages yet?

I do not think that we can scale their tiers from their geographical sizes unless they actually demonstrate that level of destructive power.

Hmm. Does it have to be specfically be destructive power? I mean, yes, even the Swizerland calc was Low 6-B. It might not be destructive. But still.

Back