• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heroes Revisions Part I

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
This revision focuses mainly on Sylar and Peter. I intend to watch through Heroes Reborn (which has some pretty big feats in it, such as a character stopping a surface-wiping solar flare) as well as the feats found in the graphic and comic books although I have work on other verses I'd rather do, so this is the most I'll do for now.

Tiering Downgrades/Upgrades

• The Nuke feats are relatively close to, but not at 7-B. I calculated the explosion shown in I Am Become Death and it only came out at High 7-C. There's also the one shown in season 1 that moves around some clouds when it goes off, but I'm not entirely sure that would come out at a higher value. So, "Large Town level, possibly much higher" would probably be the best way to go with this.
  • Sylar should get "9-A with Heat/Ice Manipulation" seeing as he freezes a man solid, which would take this much energy to do so. I'd also argue that stopping a speeding van with his Telekinesis would probably also be a higher end 9-B feat although I don't think I can calc it.
  • Sylar and Peter should at least have 9-B dura. They have both fought, hit, and harmed each other with their regular abilities in the past and Peter has tanked some of Sylar's Telekenesis before. Sylar took a point-blank hit from a fear-empowered Knox and got back up, if more fire is needed for the flame here. Also Peter mimicked Niki Sanders' ability, which has a crapton of 9-B feats which should scale to dura since she's doing it with her bare hands, and he punches Sylar senseless while using said ability, with Sylar only taking superficial wounds.
  • I'm iffy on handing out dura scaling to the nuke feat for Peter/Sylar. While it's true that he survives it while being the epicenter of the explosion, I feel like that's more of his power giving him a resistance to heat and radiation than being physically capable to taking attacks that strong. Both of them get harmed by regular characters all the time when that power isn't active. So I advise keeping the dura at 9-B and giving them good radiation/heat resistance.
  • "8-C with Electricity Manipulation" makes no sense. Sure, there are some pretty great feats, but none of them relate to realistic lightning nor share its properties. "Unlimited Clean Energy" sounds like a massively powerful statement until your realize that describes more of quantity than quality. I might try calcing the Primatech Research powering feat but 8-C should be discarded for now.
  • This is just a fun fact, but Peter has Daphne's ability, which, when amped by Ando, allowed her to acheive FTL speeds and pull a Flash and travel through time. Doesn't apply to Peter obviously, but it's an awesome feat nonetheless. I plan on calcing her speed although I strongly doubt it is Sub-Relativistic unless there is something in Hiro's frozen time to compare her too.
Keys/Pages

• We should remove the Composite Peter page. No, he is not that noteworthy of a character, and there is no alt canon interpretations of Peter that are officially released from what I'm aware of. So it's just a mishmash of his powers over each season, and I don't really think that deserves a page. It's no more than just his regular page minus the keys. The page also blatantly uses outliers such as Peter surviving his own nuke despite that only being a "possibly" on his actual page.
  • We should remove the "Base" key for Sylar. This version character only existed for a fraction of an episode as he immediatly went to finding more powers and would be better merged with his Pre-Shanti key.
  • I'm going to refrain from including powers from alternate futures as while there are a couple notable ones, they don't really deserve their own keys.
Power Additions, Removals, Changes - Sylar

This will be long as many of the power listings are inaccurate or outright wrong, and there are many powers demonstrated in the graphic novels and comics missing from the pages.

• Sylar should have Gifted or Genius level intellect. He was able to figure out how to extract the part of the brain that has the EVO powers inside of them just by looking a a dead person's brain, as well as how to construct and work with clocks from a few spare glances. His power actually allows him to "see how things work" just by looking at them.
  • "Mollecular Combustion" is a very poor word to describe his shattering ability. Deconstruction would be a much better power for it, I advise reading the link if you want more info.
  • "Liquifaction" should be Matter Manipulation, as he's making the matter behave on fundamentally different level, if you guys can think of a better word for it I'm all ears.
  • "Crysopoiea" should just be Transmutation. Also it can be used on humans, shown here.
  • "Disintegration" should similarly be Deconstruction.
  • Sylar is missiang Text Manipulation, seen here.
  • Sylar should have Power Mimicry in his Post-Shanti key. He learns that he can obtain people's powers without killing them through Empathic Mimicry (Which is actually Peter's regular power). This is demonstrated when he just has a long talk with a person and gains their power.
  • Sylar should have Limited Resistance to Mind Manipulation. When Matt Parkman attempted to trap Sylar's mind inside his own brain, Sylar actually flipped the tables and started manipulating him in turn; I assume this was from his Intuitive Aptitude learning how Parkman's powers functioned.
Power Additions, Removals, Changes - Peter

• Shapeshifting should be removed as that was only demonstrated by an alternate future version of Peter and not the main timeline version of him.
  • Peter's second key should have Invisibility as that is the last known ability he mimicked before the events of Heroes Reborn. I can also list out the abilities he has mimicked in "Notable Powers" although I doubt people are going to use his second key for battles.

I looked over this a bit in chat and don't want to retype so here you go

Screenshot (623423421)
Screenshot (61231231232)

@Wok Thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully when the calc is figured out we can get down to updating the profiles.

I remember watching the first season of heroes, good times

Of course I stopped before the show started sucking because the people behind it were like "wait we're getting a second season oh fork ugh well um"

So it seems DMUA's correction of my calc has been accepted by Bambu and Dark so I guess Peter/Sylar are going to be near baseline Town level with their nuke powers, or around 6.8 kilotons.

Can I get more comments on the other stuff here? Sadly Heroes doesn't seem to have many supporters on the site or knowledgeable members to confirm this stuff for me.

If it really split the clouds, maybe you should calculate that and see what happens.

Also for reference, I used the formula on Explosion Yield Calculations, which I'd assume is there for a reason.

Wait one gosh hard minute and a half.

That uses air blast radius. Not fireball radius, which I used.

If I took the air blast of Sylar's explosion it went out for god knows how many miles.

Also Peter's Power Absorption on his first key should be Power Mimicry.

He and Sylar should also have Type 4 Immortality with Claire's ability as their Regenerationn can ressurect them after being dead if whatever is inhibiting their regen is removed.

Motherforker now I can't watch the video with one click

Also, I agree with the first bit, I think that it should just be specified as an application of Type 3, the ability to come back from the dead the second the regen stops being negated.

Yeah, that stat was a massive lowball as her other feats are much more potent.

Like, how do I calc preventing the Earth's magnetic field from switching poles?

Ughhhhhh

Well, first step is, how do you figure out the energy of a magnet would be a start. And after that, maybe then a magnetic shift.

I have no clue lol

Also, I'm lowballing Daphne's speed at Hypersonic+ off of her 'seconds feels like hours' statement, with me multiplying the average walking speed of 1.4 m/s by 3600, or the number of seconds in an hour, which gives 5040 m/s. Using the average running speed for women gives you 8432.96 (2.34 * 3600) m/s or 24.58, which is higher into Hypersonic+.

Wew

Heroes is fairly feated

... Though, wasn't the Solar Flare of Heroes Reborn going to surface wipe? Pretty sure we could give her a High 6-A rating along with her brother for stopping one.

Not really?

It was just going to kill life on the planet via radiation.

Although I haven't fully watched Reborn so I may be wrong.

Was it rads instead of just a blast that wipes everything off the map?

I guess that would also make sense.

bump.

I'm thinking I should just add these unless there is anyone else who actually knows Heroes here.

Overloading a powergrid is like, City Block level I think

She doesn't overload the grid of an entire town, though, she just does it for a single floor of a large building.

Oh

... Maybe we should find out how much power a building can take somehow, then

Also I don't want to do an entire calc based on the van feat since it's like three lines in total.

Feat

Ambulence weighs 14k pounds

Let's say it's moving at a solid speed limit of 40 mph.

KE is 1015260 joules, 1015 kilojoules, .0002 Tons, Wall level.

Sylar Bus KE

What about FMA

gotta be armed for lifting strength arguments and all

HAJA STEADY READY STEADY GOOOOOOOO

Force equals Mass times Acceleration

14,000 pounds is 6350.2932 Kilograms

40 miles per hour is 17.8816 meters per second

6350.2932×17.8816^2 is 2030516.529030561792 Newtons, 207055.06253763387213 Kilograms of Force, Class K

... Of course this assumes said acceleration was within a second

Which it would be if we were to treat acceleration as exactly the speed

Made the kinda edit that makes something go from Class G to Class M

Well, following up what I said about acceleration, I was about to divide said meters per second by 25 as per what the page says, then I realized that Slyar kinda flipped it and flipped at said speed almost instantly

... Then again, since he flipped it as opposed to directly halting it's momentum, I don't think we can be this straight up about it. We'd have to figure out how much it is to tip an ambulance, would probably be he best way to work it.

One thing's for sure it's at least Class 10 just for moving a thing that's over 6000 Kilograms

After it slides across the ground for a bit clearly having lost momentum

... as a result of him flipping it.

The energy should be similar to the KE as what he does to it results in it stopping regardless. If anything sending it into the air like that would probably take more energy.

We should have a specific calc for it if we can manage it.

I feel like KE is a good estimate as oppose to going through the gymnastics of the energy of him flipping it, although I won't stop anyone from trying.

Eh either way

On a loosely related note, on a scale from the first and second seasons of sword art online to "Actually tolerable", how bad are the seasons after 1 of heroes?

Asking so I know whether or not it's worth the effort to actually want to watch through it

Season 1: Masterpiece

Season 2: Okay. Had some good moments.

Season 3: This is where the show sort of goes to shit.

Season 4: Second Season of Sword Art Online.

Heroes Reborn: Somewhere inbetween Seasons 2 and 3

There is some benefits of watching the later seasons but it comes at the cost of watching some of the best Season 1 characters get shat on hard.

... oh lord that's pretty bad

Seems tolerable enough though

... assuming that "Second Season of Sword Art Online" doesn't also translate to "excessive sexual assault for basically no reason"

Back