• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Herobrine profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright i found something. Slenderman's original canon is various images (and tales written with them) from June 8th, 2009 to February 12th, 2010. due to how old that damned forum is, theres a archive of all images and tales written in that timespace of his original mytho. i wanna see if i can find the ORIGINAL posts though.

I'd need to check old thread for a reason, and I am sick, so don't want to. But I think it was this one.
i think this issue definitely needs to be revisited. "creepypasta" is a very broad term, coming to pretty much refer to any horror content originating from the internet, so banning all of them feels like it's really going overboard to me. especially when you consider that scp exists and it's literally creepypasta

i think this issue definitely needs to be revisited. "creepypasta" is a very broad term, coming to pretty much refer to any horror content originating from the internet, so banning all of them feels like it's really going overboard to me. especially when you consider that scp exists and it's literally creepypasta
Beleive me, I am SCP supporter, and I would delete it in a heartbeat XD

In that thread the consensus seems that for most creepepasta's it is impossible to determine the original, and it turns into a fairy-tale situation, where the story modified each time.

Beleive me, I am SCP supporter, and I would delete it in a heartbeat XD

In that thread the consensus seems that for most creepepasta's it is impossible to determine the original, and it turns into a fairy-tale situation, where the story modified each time.
I mean, Slenderman seems to be an exception here. the original mytho seems to have more than enough information to get a page, i'd just need to... figure some stuff out before doing that. im unsure i can use a PDF archive of the entire slenderman archive to make a page.

it's not like anyone can change what this dude has already. it's been archived and been carved in stone what the original mytho was.

that’s not a problem with herobrine, as i said it should be evaluated on a case by case basis

well then between scp and russian sleep experiment herobrine should definitely be allowed lol i’m not even on the fence about it anymore

I was asked to come here and say that, yes, Herobrine is a fan character and would be appropriate for the indicated wiki for said characters.

I was asked to come here and say that, yes, Herobrine is a fan character and would be appropriate for the indicated wiki for said characters.
Thanks. This turned more into a discussion about Slenderman and Creepepasta in general though.

Thanks. This turned more into a discussion about Slenderman and Creepepasta in general though.
This is all going to sound very strange given that I was the one who tried to add Creepypasta wholeheartedly back in 2016, before my ban

I imagine Creepypasta fits more or less into the same broad rules we apply to all forms of web-based fiction: while Creepypasta in general would not be permitted (for example, the dozens of Slenderman mythos would not combine to form a singular ultimate mythos), original stories may be added given they achieve an acceptable level of notoriety, granted that the original stories are made by a defined group.

We've had a similar discussion semi-recently regarding the Backrooms, and the consensus was effectively that you could take the original creator's videos (I forget the man's name at the moment) and submit those as a verse, but not the extended canon written by his fans (even with his permission to do so).

SCP skates by (ill advisably, in my opinion) via their strict filtering process that ensures that there is some authority weeding out what is and what isn't acceptable for the verse.

this version of herobrine isn’t a community character though, what i am proposing is a profile for the original incarnation of him. which is basically just a horror story which includes minecraft as a plot point

this version of herobrine isn’t a community character though, what i am proposing is a profile for the original incarnation of him. which is basically just a horror story which includes minecraft as a plot point
The original incarnation is fanfiction of Minecraft, which SCP is not.

I imagine Creepypasta fits more or less into the same broad rules we apply to all forms of web-based fiction: while Creepypasta in general would not be permitted (for example, the dozens of Slenderman mythos would not combine to form a singular ultimate mythos), original stories may be added given they achieve an acceptable level of notoriety, granted that the original stories are made by a defined group.
Sorry for the dumb and probably unrelated question, but what do you mean by this? Does this mean that Creepypasta could be permitted in specific contexts, or is it unconditionally off-limits?

so, does that mean i have the okay to make a original Slender Man mythos profile 🗿
Probably not, since Slenderman is now a formally owned character by a company and the original story is lost to the ages, afaik. But the Russian Sleep Experiment page should be 100% fine.

Sorry for the dumb and probably unrelated question, but what do you mean by this? Does this mean that Creepypasta could be permitted in specific contexts, or is it unconditionally off-limits?
Specific Creepypastas could be, essentially as their own verses. Creepypasta itself isn't really a verse, just a broadly applied term to describe a certain group of amateur horror stories written and spread about on the Internet. I'm not as savvy as I once was with Creepypasta so forgive me if I'm light on examples. Each potential entry would probably require its own CRT and discussion if they were to be added in earnest, since it's a delicate matter for a lot of the staff.

Probably not, since Slenderman is now a formally owned character by a company and the original story is lost to the ages
Is it? i've found multiple archives with most (And said archives match up with each other info-wise), if not his entire mytho from 2009-2010 (aka original mytho era), with feats, powers, and confined canon.

good thing herobrine is notorious as shit

the “defined group” thing seems arbitrary as all hell and doesn’t even apply to a lot of profiles
We've had a similar discussion semi-recently regarding the Backrooms, and the consensus was effectively that you could take the original creator's videos (I forget the man's name at the moment) and submit those as a verse, but not the extended canon written by his fans (even with his permission to do so).
this is only focusing on the original herobrine story anyways
SCP skates by (ill advisably, in my opinion) via their strict filtering process that ensures that there is some authority weeding out what is and what isn't acceptable for the verse.
still doesn’t excuse characters like the garfield scp, trollface scp, and among us scp (i’m not gonna memorize their numbers), who should be fan characters by the same standards you applied to herobrine
The original incarnation is fanfiction of Minecraft, which SCP is not.
a ton of scp shit is fan characters. the og herobrine story isn’t fanfiction as it is set outside of the game, and the majority of the story doesn’t even feature it

Is it? i've found multiple archives with most (And said archives match up with each other info-wise), if not his entire mytho from 2009-2010 (aka original mytho era), with feats, powers, and confined canon.
I'm going to assume your "Is it?" is directed at the second half of my point rather than the first, to which I'll say: I certainly thought so. The first bit would still be the main problem, since someone verifiably owns Slenderman these days.

good thing herobrine is notorious as shit

the “defined group” thing seems arbitrary as all hell and doesn’t even apply to a lot of profiles
It isn't really arbitrary and does indeed apply to a lot of profiles (SCP, you even named them?).

this is only focusing on the original herobrine story anyways
which is fanfiction.

still doesn’t excuse characters like the garfield scp, trollface scp, and among us scp (i’m not gonna memorize their numbers), who should be fan characters by the same standards you applied to herobrine
SCP is another beast entirely. Herobrine is fanfiction.

a ton of scp shit is fan characters. the og herobrine story isn’t fanfiction as it is set outside of the game, and the majority of the story doesn’t even feature it
consecutive points about "what about SCP" will be met with consecutive points about "Herobrine is fanfiction, we have an entire wiki for fanfiction that is perfectly serviceable".

Herobrine isn't going to be on VSBW.

I'm going to assume your "Is it?" is directed at the second half of my point rather than the first, to which I'll say: I certainly thought so. The first bit would still be the main problem, since someone verifiably owns Slenderman these days.
The 'it is' was more directly towards his original mytho being lost media. I've found basically all the info on his original mytho. I could, and it's more than enough for a profile.

But, if our holy grail profile for og slenderman needs a bit discussion before, i'd be happy to move this discussion to another thread so i stop clogging this thread up with something completely unrelated to my boy herobrine 💀

How many times are we gonna have to explain that SCP isnt fanfiction before people get the message lol

The 'it is' was more directly towards his original mytho being lost media. I've found basically all the info on his original mytho. I could, and it's more than enough for a profile.
Yeh, that's what I thought.

But, if our holy grail profile for og slenderman needs a bit discussion before, i'd be happy to move this discussion to another thread so i stop clogging this thread up with something completely unrelated to my boy herobrine 💀
I really doubt a profile for the original Slenderman would be achievable but you're welcome to try. Others have. The game incarnations though should be pretty much concrete though.

I'll probably just close this thread now that questions have been cleared up.

I really doubt a profile for the original Slenderman would be achievable but you're welcome to try. Others have. The game incarnations though should be pretty much concrete though.
I have tried to put shit that doesn't make sense to put on this website before. nobody can stop me from being stupid.

How many times are we gonna have to explain that SCP isnt fanfiction before people get the message lol
SCP definitely has elements, but removes those elements from the context they are taking them from. Herobrine, as an example, literally takes place within Minecraft, whereas SCP uses popular imagery to pervert it and evoke a sense of dread/horror/what have you.

SCP should still be deleted, but for entirely different reasons than branding it "fanfiction"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back