• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Herobrine profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found that some verses featuring Minecraft as a medium or plot device have been allowed on the wiki, such as Pacheco Cara Floja and Animation VS Minecraft. I am pretty sure that this would apply to Herobrine as well, so I'm here to ask whether or not such a profile would be allowed.

According to the Minecraft wiki, Herobrine has two canonical sources: the original sighting, and the Brocraft streams. However, the Brocraft streams are lost media. The events of the streams have been written, and the streams have been recreated with that knowledge, but the original footage is nowhere to be found. As far as I can tell, this would mean that the Brocraft streams cannot be indexed, meaning the profile would have to revolve around the first Herobrine sighting.

Herobrine is a mysterious character, but he actually does have enough feats to warrant a profile. In the original post, he destroys cubic meters of stone, builds with cubic meters of sand, teleports, deletes data, and more. I have made a blog for what the profile would look like.

As for the influence of the character, Herobrine is obviously very popular. I don't think I really need to go over this. Herobrine is one of the most popular creepypastas of all time, and easily the most popular and widespread Minecraft hoax, even appearing in Minecraft's change logs and official promotional material.

The only problem I can see with this is the lack of source material. If I remember correctly, new articles need at least two citations to be allowed, and there's only one source I can use. Also, I am not entirely sure if a fan character such as Herobrine would be allowed in the first place, although I think it should be fine. It is simply a horror story which uses Minecraft as a plot device, and there are already other incarnations of Herobrine on the wiki.

Animator Vs. Animation is already on thin ice, and I'd consider Herobrine to be closer to Sonic.EXE than AvA in the first place. It's a character from Minecraft with two pixels of its design changed, created without the permission of the verse creators.

I guess the argument could be made that the original post isn't Minecraft fanfic though. It's not told in the Minecraft setting, it's told in a real-life setting and just so happens to use the protag playing Minecraft as a plot point.

I don't think it'd be allowed, but it's probably worth discussing.

Animator Vs. Animation is already on thin ice, and I'd consider Herobrine to be closer to Sonic.EXE than AvA in the first place. It's a character from Minecraft with two pixels of its design changed, created without the permission of the verse creators.
there are already incarnations of herobrine on the wiki (including one from AvA), so i don’t think that’s the problem here
I guess the argument could be made that the original post isn't Minecraft fanfic though. It's not told in the Minecraft setting, it's told in a real-life setting and just so happens to use the protag playing Minecraft as a plot point.
that is my point exactly. as i said earlier, it’s a real world horror story which uses minecraft as a mere plot device. i think that differs from a fanfiction quite a bit.

there are already incarnations of herobrine on the wiki (including one from AvA), so i don’t think that’s the problem here

that is my point exactly. as i said earlier, it’s a real world horror story which uses minecraft as a mere plot device. i think that differs from a fanfiction quite a bit.
Shouldnt he get Nonexistent Physiology (Type 1; Seemingly still exists after code is erased)

Shouldnt he get Nonexistent Physiology (Type 1; Seemingly still exists after code is erased)
i don’t think that would apply to the original creepypasta herobrine. it would only apply to the “official” herobrine from minecraft, who we don’t have anywhere close to enough information on to make a profile. i’m also pretty sure that feat could be attributed to a variety of other things as well, such as godly regen or resistance to data manip and/or existence erasure

i don’t think that would apply to the original creepypasta herobrine. it would only apply to the “official” herobrine from minecraft, who we don’t have anywhere close to enough information on to make a profile
I thought him being deleted but still being in the game was in the creepypasta

heres the original

WEYJvxifPlt1fc1ZiL8mJ10Xiq0IbmXGX_3peplVJWk.jpg

No it doesn't. Herobrine is pretty unambigously a minecraft creepypasta. Minecraft creepypastas = Minecraft fanfiction. Doesn't really stretch beyond that.
Pretty sure non-original Creepypasta characters (Herobrine, Sonic EXE, Red...) would be considered fanfic
Not one person seemed to have address this point but it is very valid. You can also add Ben Drowned to that list.

We just got rid of Blue and White Verse because despite being an original story in it's own right, it revolves heavily around coyprighted material, to the point where we deemed it glorified fanfiction and nuked it. The same logic that prevents it from existing, and Sonic EXE, and Red, and Ben Drowned, would get rid of Herobrine as well.

No it doesn't. Herobrine is pretty unambigously a minecraft creepypasta. Minecraft creepypastas = Minecraft fanfiction. Doesn't really stretch beyond that.
it isn’t set in minecraft at all. the story overall is set irl. only a portion of it is actually spent with the protagonist playing minecraft, with the rest being about him going through forums and emails. it is more like normal fiction with copyrighted material as a major plot point. most community made herobrine stories are minecraft fanfiction, but the og just utilizes minecraft in its plot.
Not one person seemed to have address this point but it is very valid. You can also add Ben Drowned to that list.
ben drowned is actually quite separate from majora’s mask iirc, i haven’t followed its lore but as far as i can tell it goes completely off the rails to the point where it barely even resembles its starting point by the end
We just got rid of Blue and White Verse because despite being an original story in it's own right, it revolves heavily around coyprighted material, to the point where we deemed it glorified fanfiction and nuked it. The same logic that prevents it from existing, and Sonic EXE, and Red, and Ben Drowned, would get rid of Herobrine as well.
but there are already profiles for herobrine. just not for this specific incarnation of him.

There's also the PopularMMOs Herobrine, he got deleted tho
Could probably make him again, gonna need to buy their new books tho

Those two probably need deleted, as they are unofficial crossovers.

Alongside their entire verses
pacheco has an entire blog explaining how it isn’t fanfiction and should be allowed, idk about animation vs minecraft

that’s besides the point though, the herobrine story really isn’t a crossover

pacheco has an entire blog explaining how it isn’t fanfiction and should be allowed
I read it and hoooooo boy yeah no, that's going on the chopping block soon lol

that’s besides the point though, the herobrine story really isn’t a crossover
This is the original story, so it's another can of worms entirely. This one would be allowed long before the other two though.

After thinking about it, I think I'm against it being allowed, even though I would love to see it. Allowing this would allow Sonic.EXE, Ben Drowned, and a multitude of other "haunted video game" creepypastas onto the main site. The main focus of the story is based around Minecraft, without permission from the proper license holders.

I do recognize that there is a case for it though. I mean, SCP uses Pokémon, Touhou, and Minecraft stuff for articles (without the consent of their creators) that we then use on this site for pages.

This is the original story, so it's another can of worms entirely. This one would be allowed long before the other two though.

After thinking about it, I think I'm against it being allowed, even though I would love to see it. Allowing this would allow Sonic.EXE, Ben Drowned, and a multitude of other "haunted video game" creepypastas onto the main site. The main focus of the story is based around Minecraft, without permission from the proper license holders.

I do recognize that there is a case for it though. I mean, SCP uses Pokémon, Touhou, and Minecraft stuff for articles (without the consent of their creators) that we then use on this site for pages.
Isn't things like sonic.exe a little different since the story mostly contained inside the sega game, due to the demon's large obsession with it?

Allowing this would allow Sonic.EXE, Ben Drowned, and a multitude of other "haunted video game" creepypastas onto the main site.
not sure what’s wrong with that exactly

sonic.exe probably doesn’t work either way since iirc it’s set almost entirely inside the sonic universe, making it fanfiction. but from what i’ve read, ben drowned is mostly set outside of the game and eventually goes ******* wild with its story. it should probably be allowed tbh.
The main focus of the story is based around Minecraft, without permission from the proper license holders.

completely forgot about scp lol, yeah wouldn’t that make herobrine completely allowed? like, how does it differ from the herobrine story? both are set irl but heavily revolve around copyrighted material, how is herobrine fanfiction while scp isn’t?

Even more popular Creepepasta isn't allowed here. You may notice that we don't actually have Slenderman profile, for example. Only its versions from some standalone movies. For Herobrine to have a profile, he should be a part of original work, like Animation vs Animator.

Even more popular Creepepasta isn't allowed here. You may notice that we don't actually have Slenderman profile, for example. Only its versions from some standalone movies. For Herobrine to have a profile, he should be a part of original work, like Animation vs Animator.
why

I'd need to check old thread for a reason, and I am sick, so don't want to. But I think it was this one.

Slenderman's original canon is comprised of three images and three newpaper clippings iirc. They were all posted on the Something Awful forums, but you can probably find them all in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back