• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Here we go...

I'm not an expert, but I believe he has that because his body isn't normal. Any physical damage is purely superficial.

And this is where the term, "Here we go" comes from. I have already pointed out that that would technically give any non--corporeal being with regen low godly. It's just a part of his that is intangible, and isn't in any realm either. It's simply slightly higher dimensional, and only just, considering his weakness as a Great Old One.

"Able to regenerate as long as your disembodied consciousness exists, such as in the form of your soul or mind, or from other realms."

Yes I pointed that out. That does not answer my point about any Non-corporeal bits,nor the fact that we have any solid proof that superficial damage is damage he can regen from his actual form. There are tons of characters with regard and who embody multiple planes of existence, but cannot regenerate a destroyed avatar.

Except

• His physical body is still part of his body. It is just unimportant and, as said in At the Mountains of Madness, can be shifted into different forms of his liking, as it is not made of anything from our material universe.
  • We see him regenerate damage from this body and know it's superficial.
  • We know a super-advanced race could not kill him nor his star spawn specifically because of this reason.
  • We know the totality of his being is beyond this "star-fashioned image", which is exactly why damage is superficial and Regenerationn is instant.
This is like one of the only things that's actually explained and obvious about Cthulhu.

Case in point, Darkseid is also a higher dimensional being, but has a avatar that can be destroyed and does not have low godly regen.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Except
  • His physical body is still part of his body. It is just unimportant and, as said in At the Mountains of Madness, can be shifted into different forms of his liking, as it is not made of anything from our material universe.
  • We see him regenerate damage from this body and know it's superficial.
  • We know a super-advanced race could not kill him nor his star spawn specifically because of this reason.
  • We know the totality of his being is beyond this "star-fashioned image", which is exactly why damage is superficial and Regenerationn is instant.
This is like one of the only things that's actually explained and obvious about Cthulhu.
  • Superficial and Low Godly are two separate things with no correlation. If I burn a tree or erase it from reality, the Grove doesn't care, but the tree won't be coming back. Cthulhu's Regen is an aspect of him completely separate from the rest of his body.
  • Incorporeality as a whole is a more likely cause for that.
  • once again, no correct lotion, just because damage done is Regenerationn instantly doesn't change his level of regen nor make him low godly.

That implies:

A. Cthulhu is a completely higher-dimensional entity making use of an avatar.

B. Cthulhu and this avatar are said or shown to be separate.

Yobobojojo said:
  • Superficial and Low Godly are two separate things with no correlation. If I burn a tree or erase it from reality, the Grove doesn't care, but the tree won't be coming back. Cthulhu's Regen is an aspect of him completely separate from the rest of his body.
  • once again, no correct lotion, just because damage done is Regenerationn instantly doesn't change his level of regen nor make him low godly.
  • ...literally what? Did the tree suddenly reconstitute itself the first time you burned it? Because this isn't even a remotely comparable analogy.
  • Except we know for a fact that part of his body isn't incorporeal. You are asking to downgrade every character with low godly because part of their form is incorporeal, but that's specifically what makes them low godly in the first place.
  • You're right. Clearly the backstory that makes up a third of The Call of Cthulhu and all the Elder Things' records from At the Mountains of Madness don't actually exist and thus tell us nothing.

That implies:
A. Cthulhu is a completely higher-dimensional entity making use of an avatar.

B. Cthulhu and this avatar are said or shown to be separate.
No I'm merely pointing out that this would mean any non-corporeal entity with any regen would become Low Godly by this logic, and just like you said, Cthulhu is higher dimensional, so logically it needs some instrument to interact, meaning

A. Cthulhu doesn't have a avatar and isn't higher dimensional, and his higher dimensional Manipulation should be removed or...

B. My point still stands, and every incorporeal character on this wiki with even low regen is given low godly regen.

Yobobojojo said:
and just like you said, Cthulhu is higher dimensional
No.

We're discussing a character who is currently sitting at Tier 4 and has higher-dimensional manipulation. This wouldn't even be a discussion if it was flat out higher-dimensional in the first place, as the avatar would not even be Cthulhu.

I have zero idea what you're even arguing about, at this point.

Yobobojojo said:
  • ...literally what? Did the tree suddenly reconstitute itself the first time you burned it? Because this isn't even a remotely comparable analogy.
  • Except we know for a fact that part of his body isn't incorporeal. You are asking to downgrade every character with low godly because part of their form is incorporeal, but that's specifically what makes them low godly in the first place.
  • You're right. Clearly the backstory that makes up a third of The Call of Cthulhu and all the Elder Things' records from At the Mountains of Madness don't actually exist and thus tell us nothing.
  • My analogy was merely meant to show that something can be unaffected by something but not regen from it.
  • By that logic, as I said, every character with regen and incorporeality would have low godly regen.
  • Wut

Yobobojojo said:
No.
We're discussing a character who is currently sitting at Tier 4 and has higher-dimensional manipulation. This wouldn't even be a discussion if it was flat out higher-dimensional in the first place, as the avatar would not even be Cthulhu.

In that case, your essentially saying Cthulhu is not higher dimensional, which means nothing supports that low godly regen.

I know this isn't exactly a great analogy, but Azzy has a fair point. Just because a part of an entity is incorporeal and they can regen from it doesn't mean they are purely incorporeal. Amo is partly incorporeal and can remake his body so long as he is not destroyed in the Void (if he dies in the Void his soul dies too).

What makes C'thulu different?

Yobobojojo said:
  • My analogy was merely meant to show that something can be unaffected by something but not regen from it.
  • By that logic, as I said, every character with regen and incorporeality would have low godly regen.
  • Wut
  • ...Because you didn't burn the grove down. You burned the tree. The trees are separate trees in the same space of land. It is not one tree.
  • ......Do you like...not understand what low-godly regen is?
  • My thoughts exactly.

Assaltwaffle said:
I know this isn't exactly a great analogy, but Azzy has a fair point. Just because a part of an entity is incorporeal and they can regen from it doesn't mean they are purely incorporeal. Amo is partly incorporeal and can remake his body so long as he is not destroyed in the Void (if he dies in the Void his soul dies too).
Like I said, by going that route, every character with any regen and incorporeality becomes low godly.

Assaltwaffle said:
Nothing, really. Especially when we're shown within the story itself that he isn't entirely incorporeal, but that damage to said corporeal form is irrelevant and easily reversed.

And then also told the exact same thing in the only other HPL story he plays a major role in.

Yobobojojo said:
  • Wut
  • ...Because you didn't burn the grove down. You burned the tree. The trees are separate trees in the same space of land. It is not one tree.
  • ......Do you like...not understand what low-godly regen is?
  • My thoughts exactly.
You getting off topic. My point ultimately pertains to Cthulhu's higher dimensional Manipulation, something you have contradicted yourself on on multiple occasions.

Low godly regen is the Regenerationn of any character from damage to their physical body to the point where it is non existent, but survives due to some disembodied form.

Yobobojojo said:
Like I said, by going that route, every character with any regen and incorporeality becomes low godly.
>that moment when you describe what low godly regen is

A purely incorporeal character that is always incorporeal couldn't have regen below Low-Godly, simply because they lack any sort of physical component and are thus automatically beyond the highest level of below godly regen.

Assaltwaffle said:
I thought your point was his regen...
The only thing holding up his regen is his higher dimensional existence, I merely strike at the base.

Yobobojojo said:
>that moment when you describe what low godly regen is

A purely incorporeal character that is always incorporeal couldn't have regen below Low-Godly, simply because they lack any sort of physical component and are thus automatically beyond the highest level of below godly regen.
Except that Cthulhu is not this , as you said yourself.

Yobobojojo said:
No.

Does every non-corporeal with regen also have a consciousness that spans multiple realms? You seem to be dancing around the real reason for the regen?

Myriadofmemes said:
Does every non-corporeal with regen also have a consciousness that spans multiple realms? You seem to be dancing around the real reason for the regen?
Except for the fact Azzy literally said he wasn't higher dimensional, and that I pointed that out?

Myriadofmemes said:
Multiple dimensions, not hyper-dimensions. There's a difference.
Then something needs to be removed, since Cthulhu's profile clearly has "Higher Dimensional Manipulation "

Something needs to go.

Yobobojojo said:
Yobobojojo said:
No.

Once again, here it is.

He does have Higher Dimensional manipulation though, you don't need to be 10 dimensional to manipulate the 10th dimension, this is fiction.

"a character who is currently sitting at Tier 4 and has higher-dimensional manipulation"
am i speaking korean or something
Probably. I literally cannot tell what this is supposed to prove.

It doesn't matter how irreverent his corporeal its is, we can't assume he can remake it without feats of him doing so.

Yobobojojo said:
Probably. I literally cannot tell what this is supposed to prove.

It doesn't matter how irreverent his corporeal its is, we can't assume he can remake it without feats of him doing so.
You asked why Cthulhu has higher-dimensional manipulation listed if he's not higher-dimensional.

I said it's because he's a Tier 4 character, but has higher-dimensional manipulation as a power.

Then you said we should remove it because he...isn't higher-dimensional?

Back