• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help with the Fossil Fighters Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually immensley helpful. And, with the comic, we also now only need an image of Hunter standing next to an active Vivosaur and scale his height from them. Maybe a V-Raptor or something.

Here, Frigi casually one-shots Hunter's Spinax which itself is shown to be fully capable of taking hits from other vivosaurs stronger than itself. It should also be noted that Spinax was NOT previously weakened before being one-shotted.

Also, this page shows a flying vivosaur carrying Frigi. Its shape doesn't seem to match up with any vivosaur I know, & they never specify what vivosaur it is. It's a little vague, but this MIGHT be a good feat to scale vivosaur's lifting strength to, but like I said, it's vague, so I can imagine this not being accepted. If I find more info concerning this topic, I'll be sure to post it.

EDIT: Exactly what I was hoping for, Captain Bullwort (the guy controlling Frigi) has a Ptera shown later in the manga. We can assume that the vivosaur carrying Frigi was Ptera, and thus we should be able to scale this feat to other vivosaurs.

Riding will do. I will try to scale the height of Hunter, but I'll need someone else to calc the temple size (in the comic scan provided the temple is slightly slanted, so it'll be slightly difficult to get an accurate number), and then find the size of the island in which that person will need to find out how much energy is needed to bust that island.

GimmyJibbsJr said:
Riding will do. I will try to scale the height of Hunter, but I'll need someone else to calc the temple size (in the comic scan provided the temple is slightly slanted, so it'll be slightly difficult to get an accurate number), and then find the size of the island in which that person will need to find out how much energy is needed to bust that island.
I'm new here, so I can't do that calc.

....Maybe Dragonmaster or Darkanine could make it if they have the spare time? I'll make a direct request later. Imma keep researching FF:F for now.

Something else I found, in the games, certain vivosaurs could use Team Skills with two other specific vivosaurs. So far, in the manga, it doesn't look like this rule applies as Spinax & Venator let Amargo use its Team Skill. The only significant thing between all 3 vivosaurs is that they're all from the same Era, and they're all from the same size group. So I'm thinking any vivosaur can use a Team Skill with any vivosaur.

That's certainly possible, I suppose. In time, I will also try to add more videos of Vivosaur attacks later, although not many of them will be of good quality, sadly.

...Alright, I managed to get Hunter's height, I think. Will post my findings here.

Before you read the pixel measurements and stuff, I will say that I had to measure each part in segments. Down below, I marked each spot I started and ended when doing an individual segment, so it should be easy to keep track of.

V-raptor's have a body length of 6 feet by the way

More vraptor height

start point for tail: 53, 293
end point for tail: 90, 330
tail tip length: 38 pixels

181/103 = 1.757281553398058

6ft=2m

2m/1.757281553398058 = 1.138121546961326m

1.138121546961326m = 3 feet and 8.808 inches = Hunter's height

So I guess Hunter is just really short. :/

I will say this, Frigi was canonically an Apatosaurus before transforming, and the ingame size of Frigi is far greater then that of Apato. Apatosaurus, at their largest, were about 50 tons. So since Ptera could lift it, Ptera's lifting strength can be determined off of that.

I'll try to figure out that size of the temple, then I'll ask for some help in regards to the island's measurement and destruction.

bump

Still playing through Fossil Fighters: Frontier. Its shocking how few good feats are in the game so far. :/

GimmyJibbsJr said:
bump
Still playing through Fossil Fighters: Frontier. Its shocking how few good feats are in the game so far. :/
I honestly doubt there'll be any decent feats in any fossil fighters game.

I mean, we have a bunch in the first two based on their attack animations, but Fossil Fighters Frontier really keeps the animations tame and mostly to simply physical attacks now, which doesn't really do much for us. One of the better feats is the Bone Buggy smashing apart rocks if it moves fast enough and one character saying that they were surprised that Nibbles' sneeze didn't collapse the whole cave they were in.

Although the latter COULd be taken as a bit of comedy/exaggeration to point out how crazy the sneeze was.

Well I have the game and I was already planning on doing a reset sense I remember this being my 2nd fav DS game. Perhaps I could be of some use if I find anything.

@Ryandswagger I'm playing through FF:F right now, but any extra eyes would be nice on finding feats for the franchise.

When I find time, I'll calc the Temple size and ask for help in regards to the island size/how much energy needed to bust it.

Well I'm not sure how impressive things will be in the verse so this statement might be nothing but it was said in the beggening of the game that the revived dinosaurs are more powerful than the original ones. Meaning we could use real life dinosaurs as a low balled estimate of how powerful the revived ones are. As long as they don't have any feats of course.
IMG 007375

Honestly I'm not sure if we have to go that far, since Parium can just flatout create a thunderstorm with real lightning bolts, and Dikelo can summon lightning.

I think a good low-end is Building Level due to the lightning, or we could scale them all to Parium's Thunderstorm creation, which would still keep them below the likes of Igno and Frigi.

Alright, you should be good now, Darkanine. Also, could you help me with the island size/destruction calc if you have the time?

The island one or the thundercloud one?

If the former, then all I can really do is tell you characters stated that the island would surely be destroyed if Frigi and Igno were to go at it with no restraints.

I will try to find a clip of the statement later.

The Island one, yeah. I just need some scans of the Island is all.

Edit: Nvm. I remembered they were posted in the thread.

Alright, thanks Dark!

I'll keep looking through Fossil Fighters Frontier... But I feel as though I should note that I did see a statement on the Fossil Fighters wiki that states the final boss

SPOILER ALERT

Was aiming to destroy the world. Whether or not that means he would end up actually destroying the planet or just civilization is beyond me, but I will study this and find out more when I can.

Bump

Also, it occured to me... There really shouldn't be any real reason that an average Vivosaur could suddenly be superior to the two Legendary Vivosuars Frigi and Igno, not even Hunter's. I think that, for a low-end, we should see how much energy they need to destroy the island, but as a high-end for their power level we should be scaling them to Hunter/The Guh-brains, making them roughly Small Planet/Planet Level.

Is this alright? I peronally think it is considering that Frigi and Igno individually could easily take on and defeat any Vivosaur that was thrown at them no matter how strong they were made in advance. Technically, they could only ever lose to each other outside of maybe/probably the Guh-Brains.

GimmyJibbsJr said:
Bump
Also, it occured to me... There really shouldn't be any real reason that an average Vivosaur could suddenly be superior to the two Legendary Vivosuars Frigi and Igno, not even Hunter's. I think that, for a low-end, we should see how much energy they need to destroy the island, but as a high-end for their power level we should be scaling them to Hunter/The Guh-brains, making them roughly Small Planet/Planet Level.

Is this alright? I peronally think it is considering that Frigi and Igno individually could easily take on and defeat any Vivosaur that was thrown at them no matter how strong they were made in advance. Technically, they could only ever lose to each other outside of maybe/probably the Guh-Brains.
I watched a video for the fight between Igno & Frigi. Both vivosaurs were so strong that no other vivosaurs could damage them, also they have maximum stats. But when Igno & Frigi are within each other's presence, the conflicting heat & cold weakens them to the point of being like regular vivosaurs, that oughta be important.

Your suggestion of Igno & Frigi being stronger than other vivosaurs is correct, so we should consider it.

In the comic, weren't the two of them still FAR beyond the other vivosaurs despite being in each other's presence?

GimmyJibbsJr said:
In the comic, weren't the two of them still FAR beyond the other vivosaurs despite being in each other's presence?
Right here, you see other vivosaurs holding off Frigi right before Igno defeats him. So I'd say, they are stronger than regular vivosaurs, but not THAT much stronger.

I mean, I still think that they should likely have two keys. One where they are in the presence of each other (Which would be the weaker key and therefore be attributed to their island busting and how they are suddenly susceptible to normal Vivosaurs), and then one where they are not in the presence of each other (In which not even Hunter's Vivosaur's could do anything to Frigi whatsoever, and could likely scale to the Guh-Brains in this state given that their individual capacity for power is far greater then any average Vivosaur, meaning that it should at most be able to extend up to planet level.)

I just thought a something! Regular vivosaurs can damage the Guh brains, right? But regular vivosaurs CAN'T damage Igno & Frigi. If I'm viewing this right, Igno & Frigi (when not within each other's presence) are superior to the Guh Brains. Waddaya think of that?

Well, I'm pretty sure that Dynal was sold on the idea that the only person who stood a chance at beating the brains were Hunter and his Vivosaurs in particular.

I think it'd be a tad crazy if normal Vivosaurs could rsomehow all just harm Planetary threats.

Although, even Hunter's Vivosaurs earlier in the game couldn't harm Frigi and Igno, so I guess what you proposed could also make sense... I think we'll need more input on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back