• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok. After making sure by watching the episode just now. This helmet needs more clarification than what it gives off. Because the helmet is not nearly as impressive as it's made to sound

1. He used it only once in combat. At the end of the episode when fighting Darwin and the sister.

2. It barley offered combat usable luck. It Blocked one shot. Cause a bird happen to fly by. The rest of them were even stated they missed due to being tired and having Bad Aim. Neither having to do with luck, as they literally just climbed a mountain.

3. No. It is not PIS that Darwin knocked the helmet off. That was his intention. He intended to knock it off and he did. The Helmet didn't protect him from having it knocked off.

A step by step of the episode,

It starts. He talks about it being lucky and then slams his mash potatoes. It causes an effect to bounce off the other spoons and into his mouth. The dad tries it and gets on the show he wanted. The mom tried it and got an interview for a promotion. Then they go to a heel and Gumball's luck sucks. So he wants it back once he gets home

The dad tricks Nicole by giving her a fake hat and taking the real one to the show and winning it.

Back at home, they are all fighting over. But nobody is wearing it. The daughter convinced them to let it go and destroy it. Except for Gumball, who tries to keep it. But at no point does he put it on in that scene

Later. Traveling to the volcano. Darwin wears it and finds gold and other Nick hacks. At the volcano, Darwin tries to throw it in but gumball gets it and wears it. They try to throw mud at him. But acknowledge that it's not the luck that protecting him. Their aim just sucks and they were tired from the mountain climb. Gumball walks closer and the sister throws One ball, which a bird blocks.

Gumball finds a tennis ball machine and power generator and Starts shooting at them. They go for cover. Darwin grabs a Stale piece of bread and charges to swing at a ball and knock it off. Which is successful. Not PIS, as the hat never showed to be that protective. One bird blocking one hit does not justify saying this is PIS. Simply that the luck is not that powerful . It's knocked off. And they never use it from them on.

This episode shows that hat is decently lucky, but barely qualifies in combat, and has shown a capability to knock it off. It isn't even like several people tried to remove it and it was always prevented. Three it was forcibly attempted to be removed. The first time was a failure so to them being tired and sucky aim. The second one blocked a single attack. The third one succeed. That's hardly much.

This helmet needs better context so it's not overplayed like I've seen people attempt to do so

Firstly, it absolutely doesn't matter that it was only used in combat once (it only appeared in one episode).

Buttersamuri said:
2. It barley offered combat usable luck. It Blocked one shot. Cause a bird happen to fly by. The rest of them were even stated they missed due to being tired and having Bad Aim. Neither having to do with luck, as they literally just climbed a mountain.
Except Anais attributing them missing to bad aim was just her being a skeptic.There's a whole scene of the Helmet making them miss attacks, and Anais admitted to the Helmet being lucky after it glaringly made something absurd happen to protect Gumball. Then Gumball conveniently finds exactly what he needs to ward them off.

"Okay, maybe the hat is magic after all. Run!!"

Buttersamuri said:
3. No. It is not PIS that Darwin knocked the helmet off. That was his intention. He intended to knock it off and he did. The Helmet didn't protect him from having it knocked off.
Yes, it was PIS. So what if it was it was his intention? It contradicts the Helmet's displayed capabilities shown moments ago in the very same scene, where it protected Gumball from a barrage of projectiles. A random piece of bread knocking the Helmet off is PIS.

The rest of the post is just needless vividness and argumentum verbosum.

So should Gumball get Magic with the hat because Anais says it's magic? Or do we just stick with only probability manipulation?

Soupywolf5 said:
So should Gumball get Magic with the hat because Anais says it's magic? Or do we just stick with only probability manipulation?
Probability manipulation is what it's shown as and we're sticking to it. And I agree with Maverick, ignoring several feats for one inconsistency and calling the feats PIS is just ridiculous. And I watched the episode as well, it does far more than the "unimpressive feats" you seem to have going for it in your post.

Getting really tired of the downplay honestly.

Probability manipulation is what it's shown as and we're sticking to it. And I agree with Maverick, ignoring several feats for one inconsistency and calling the feats PIS is just ridiculous. And I watched the episode as well, it does far more than the "unimpressive feats" you seem to have going for it in your post.

Getting really tired of the downplay honestly.

Several instances hmm?

Name them. Name the ones that I hadn't brought up above.

The entire last part of the episode that you adamant on dismissig as PIS. Well, if you don't agree with me, lets just wait for what other users have to say.

Planck69 said:
The entire last part of the episode that you adamant on dismissig as PIS. Well, if you don't agree with me, lets just wait for what other users have to say.
You completely avoided my request. You claim it's downplay and that there are several instances.

There are only 3 at the end of the episode. And even assuming that the mud thing is right, which I seriously don't agree with, That's 2 instances. And 1 instance that goes against it

The ball swing is such massive PIS because it is outright shown that projectiles can't hit Gumball with the hat on. Everything else is a testament to how lucky the hat is. With it, Gumball can't miss, Richard, who is as dumb as a stump can win a game show, and Darwin finds a necklace that literally says Darwin.

I don't know how you can chalk these feats up as not being lucky, since if I actually tried to statistically measure the odds of just finding anything of value with my name on it in a junkyard, I would come up with an astronomically low number.

Anais outright says the helmet is magic and admits to her fault. Out of all the positives the helmet has done, a single case of the helmet not doing its job isn't an anti-feat, it's outlier.

Sir Ovens said:
The ball swing is such massive PIS because it is outright shown that projectiles can't hit Gumball with the hat on. Everything else is a testament to how lucky the hat is. With it, Gumball can't miss, Richard, who is as dumb as a stump can win a game show, and Darwin finds a necklace that literally says Darwin.

I don't know how you can chalk these feats up as not being lucky, since if I actually tried to statistically measure the odds of just finding anything of value with my name on it in a junkyard, I would come up with an astronomically low number.

Anais outright says the helmet is magic and admits to her fault. Out of all the positives the helmet has done, a single case of the helmet not doing its job isn't an anti-feat, it's outlier.
No it isn't. For one, Gumball can miss, his shots are just luckier. His spoon trick is impressive, but hardly combat applicable. He can miss proven with the tennis ball machine as several dozen shots miss. As well. After that, of those have actual combat usage. We don't even even context in the game show, and finding a necklace while extremely lucky, is not combat applicable. Yes. In standard life stuff it helps a lot.

That's just wrong. I didn't claim they weren't lucky. Yes the helmet is lucky, yes, she admits to that. But I'm saying the luck is overplayed higher than it actually is usage wise in combat. I don't deny it has some usage in combat. It just isn't nearly as much as it's made out to be. Sure he found a weapon and a way to charge and use it, but this weapon also ends up being his undoing.

Yes. Which is why it has some usage, but barely anything it did was combat usable. The first time they tried to hit him, they were exhausted. That wasn't the hats doing, they clearly were in a bad position. The second one is definitely more usable.

Not to mention, with how little the hat actually was attempted to be forcibly removed, on top of one of them Working, one of them being skeptical at best that it was the hats doing and not the entire exhaustion and aim, it's wrong to just assume nobody can do it ever and the luck can't be overplayed with skills, time, or Dumb luck themself. It's a NLF. Gumball has been wasn't really paying attention and it got knocked off, not PIS, that's just showing the luck wasn't nearly as high as it's being said to be. Cause again. 3 attempts. 1 is skeptical. 1 actually work. And one blocked a single oncoming attack.

I honestly don't know what you're trying to imply here. There is literally one anti-feat out of a dozen feats of luck. If that isn't PIS, I don't know what is.

It doesn't matter how the luck works, as long as it does. Because we already have a showing of Gumball being completely untouchable by projectiles.

Also, by your own admission, if Darwin and Anais were really that shoddy of an aim, Darwin would have never made the ball return. This is especially evident since the ball return would have been much harder than the tossing of mud since Darwin had the stress of being shot at, and wasn't throwing, but hitting with a baguette like a bat.

No. That's 1 out of 3 feats. You can't use the rest of the feats as they don't relate at all to protecting him or combat. They don't show him to be untouchable at all in any of the feats besides the last 3. Not dozens. The episode doesn't even have dozens of examples. The only three that apply here are the only three times they actually tried to remove the hat. The rest can't be accounted for as protecting it from being removed as nobody made any attempt on removing it while someone wore it. Those feats only apply to normal life luck to help their lives. We know it gives them good luck in their normal lives. But the only combat scenario it was used was at the end. And those are what we should consider as the only times someone attempted to remove them

It does matter. Super natural luck can mean a lot of things. And it can be to vastly different degrees. Just cause a person has that with their powers. Doesn't mean they are untouchable. Nathan Drake is a good example. He has good luck sure. But his luck doesn't protect him from everything, or even quite a bit. Someone skilled as easily done damage to him despite his luck. He shoot a pistol at him and his luck probably will protect him a bit. But it runs out, by no means is it untouchable. Same for gumball. His luck ran out.

they couldn't throw very well. If you even watch the episode, they kept throwing the same way. Just throwing it too high. Nothing was interfering at that point. As well, he wasn't throwing when he knocked it off. He was swinging at oncoming balls. Which is different to throwing

I mean.

Phineas and Ferb generally have combat applicable supernatural luck (which probability manipulation is essentially the same as) and they don't fight anyone at all. Things just go right for them. Why can't the helmet be the same?

Their luck is on a consistent base to base episode. And I don't think it is combat applicable. They can have it on their page without it being used in combat. As well, This had 3 actual combat related. 1 worked. The other is iffy at best, the third blocked on oncoming attack. I'm not denying it has some help. But I'd say Sans Danmakus him. Or someone just way more skilled fights him. Luck isn't that potent to warrant off that alone. Not every super natural luck user is untouchable it even that good in combat.

I mean we use the phineas and Ferb shit in combat. The second feat only seems iffy for you becuase it's fine to me and we added abilities into profiles for like, worse reasond really so it's not much of an issue.

Besdies I don't think it's wrong to assume it is combat applicable if it clearly worked in combat, is incredibly lucky to make practically the impossible happen. That basically means the impossible will happen with the helmet on, such as winning the fight.

It being used in combat is fine. I honestly don't care much for it. If he fought say a gun user. I don't doubt he could say cause the gun to jam. Common feat for luck users. But the context is taken far out when used in fights. People say he is entirely untouchable. 100 percent. As in. Johnny Bravo vs Gumball was asked to removed because they said Luck suddenly stops literally everything Johnny can do. Someone far less skilled removed the helmet. And I'm saying it shouldn't be called PIS that it happened. It is simply that the hard luck isn't super potent in keeping it on. Only 3 times was it attempted to be removed. And it worked the third time. Consider luck in a fight is fine. But if gumball is facing James Bond levels of skill while they are also within his physical level. Gumball shouldn't be assumed to win just cause "lol luck." That hat isn't that potent.

Except it's reasonable to say that the helmet only did that because of PIS, especially because they needed a way to end the episode. It's clearly usable in combat and pretty damn good at that, being used to find anything you need and apparently give you the answer to whatever question you have if Richard is anything to go by.

Personally I'd think it'd be incredibly useful for combat. A lot of things wouldn't be able to hit Gumball, I'd say. I don't have much context but based off what I read I think the other side is more agreeable.

Except it really isn't. It's not 100 percent untouchable. The only thing that was actually proven is luck will help protect him. But doesn't mean he is entirely 100 percent untouchable.

And again. I didn't say it's not useful in combat. I'm saying it's taken way out of context. That's like me saying Mr. Bean can beat people out of his tier cause his luck has protected him before. Sure. It may help him. He will be harder to touch. But a skilled enough person, and within his physical level can still take him down

Buttersamuri said:
Johnny Bravo vs Gumball was asked to removed because they said Luck suddenly stops literally everything Johnny can do
Wait, what? It was? Gumball wasnt even equipped in that fight, and it's not like the helmet is in his standard equipment

Back