• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hello Kira, I Want To Play A Game (GRACE)

Vizer04

He/Him
Light and Ryuk return from school, it's been a boring and uneventful day but Ryuk is eager to see Light using the Death Note in new creative ways.

While opening his door, Light noticed that the door handle was all the way up and the piece of paper was in the door as well.

Light: Someone was in my room. Is the police suspecting me now?

Ryuk: Hahaha, looks like L finally got you.

Light: That's impossible, i've been extremely cautious up to this point. Maybe they find out i came in contact with that FBI agent, but how? Anyway, i have to avoid talking with Ryuk, there could be wiretaps and surveillance cameras hidden in the house...

They find a mysterious tape recorder on top of the bed. They decide to see what's inside.

Jigsaw: Hello Light Yagami, or as the world calls you, Kira. You may not know me but I know you. I want to play a game. You were lucky enough to obtain the power of a Shinigami and have deluded yourself into believing you're a god. Guess what, you're not. You're just human, and i'll make sure you understand that. You have 1 week, destroy the Death Note, or receive the punishment. Make your choice. Let the game begin.

Obviously, Light refuses to let go of the power and engages in a battle of wits with Jigsaw. Who would win?

Lot of factors involved, Kramer knows about shinigami but did he touch Light's notebook somehow? Or did he touch someone else's notebook? Or did Kramer also hack into the police and saw those messages Light left for L that suggested the existence of a shinigami and assumed they were real? Does Kramer know all the rules on the notebook?

This could go a lot of ways but I'll try to make Light use only strats he already used in the series. Light would assume that whoever is watching him already seen him use the notebook, so this can't be one of L's schemes since L would already have enough evidence on Light to arrest him. One plan Light could attempt is giving the notebook to Kiyomi Takada by convincing her that she'll become the goddess of the new world if she helps him. Kramer or his goons can't follow Light to Takada's house since Ryuk would likely tell Light that someone is following him just like with Raye Penber. Anyway, Light will probably be worried that handling both L and this new opponent at the same time will be impossible, so he decides to do the deal for the eyes with Ryuk. Probably before he went to her house, Light will make a fake notebook (just like with Teru Mikami) but give the real notebook to Takada and tell her to continue the killings for him. Light, now with only a fake notebook, will go back to his house and continue writing in the notebook as per usual. After a week, Kramer or his goons will kidnap Light and bring him to wherever his traps are. Kramer will most likely destroy the (fake) notebook. After this, most likely Light will wake up in one of Kramer's traps or games but will tell whoever is watching him through the cameras that the notebook they took was a fake and that only he knows where the real one is (Light will tell them to check the news as proof). At this point, Light says that it's only a matter of time before L catches the both of them and, using his access to secret police information, will need to work together to take down L and put him in one of these games as well. However Light will only help if Kramer meets him in person. Kramer, knowing that the notebook needs both a name and face to work, decides to reveal himself to Light. Kramer figures as long as Light never gets his hand back on the notebook, he should be safe since Light shouldn't know his name. After revealing his face, Light will see Kramer's name and, while Kramer isn't paying attention, write Kramer's name down on the clipping in his watch and kill the jigsaw killer. Light escapes, most likely kills Takada and gets back his notebook.

Sorry for the fanfic, I can't think of a simpler way for Light to win.

Edit: Also, Kramer revealed himself to Mark Hoffman, so it's not impossible or too out of character to show his face to Light if he felt he was safe.

I voted for Light fra, but the vote could change if an argument for jigsaw is presented. I only have very basic knowledge of him.

Back