• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Honestly hard to decide, I like Ryu more but I really don't see him defeating Heihachi, if he had his forms then yeah he'd stomp easy, but it's not, Heihachi has a better arsenal to work with and more experience, so with that I'm gonna vote for Heihachi

Update: Actually think I'm gonna change my vote to Ryu, skill wise they actually appear pretty equal, and Ryu seems to have more abilities immediately available, swore I remembered Heihachi having more abilities available but I guess not

And he has Focus, which allows him to take a few of Heihachi's attacks and leave him in a crumbling state or use Deijin Hadouken to stun him. (If that is actually something base Ryu can do, since i think he learned that from SFV onwards, who would be PoN Ryu.)

It being Young Heihachi instead of T6 / T7 Heihachi actually makes this more interesting, since the older Heihachi gets, the more durable he seems to get. Young Heihachi is brutal, Mishima Style is probably better in a close combat situation (ie. No long distance jump-ins or anything, just toe to toe brawling,) but Ryu's space control and ki manipulation are nothing to play around with either. Still, considering how T7 Heihachi can stand up to Akuma, this is probably a pretty close match...

If we're talking Alpha / SFII era Ryu, I'd say Heihachi wins through the speed and power advantage, anything from III era Ryu or his iterations from any game beyond that, I'd probably give it to Ryu. The level of ki control he achieves around the SFIV era are enough to put him just below base Akuma, who gave Heihachhi a ton of trouble. By the time you start getting into Ryu's later Supers, elemental control and Mu no Ken feats, he probably has enough at his disposal to come out on top like 7/10 times, even if he'd probably get pretty ****** up even in the matches he wins just because Heihachi is made of goddamn steel.

Back