• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, Darkseid does have boom tubes to keep his distance, but yeah he's ****** if hit.

But Is that a vote for Ryu?

Last edited:
Depends, because I think if Evil Ryu can close the distance, which I think is possible considering he has a move that can cancel out projectiles, Darkseid gets ****** over by it. He has a lot of tools to use at his disposal which save it from being a stomp and they can be overwhelming but I personally believe Evil Ryu getting one hit in with the Shun Goku Satsu is more plausible, especially considering Darkseid doesn't have any prior knowledge on what it can do and wouldn't be prepared for the move that literally piles up all your sins. I vote Evil Ryu.

Darksied in hell after Ryu hits his ass with the meanest Raging Demon of all time:
5219357-fsdfsdf.png

Last edited:
Thinking more into it, Evil Ryu's High 6-C rating can probably be saved, due to his status as a non-canon character.
I only need to officialize the matter via a quick CRT.

Ok, now the match can go on.

Unfortunately we don't know much about Darkseid, due his nature as a dlc, and afaik the comics don't go much in detail either, so we'll have to work with what we have.
Going by numbers, Evil Ryu is already 4.5x times stronger than Darkseid, although he lacks in LS.
Evil Ryu is most likely the better fighter of the two, and has arguably better mobility between his acrobatics and the Ashura Senku.
Darkseid would probably lose ground in cqc, especially if his tendency to take the opponent lightly comes into play, but can instead get the advantage in ranged combat.

Omega Beams are nasty, since they outrange Evil Ryu's hadokens and can home in, likely interfering with Evil Ryu's mobility and possibly yeet him into space, unless Darkseid pulls the moronic move to bring him back to Earth with a boom tube.
Due to their strength, Evil Ryu's hadokens can't be overpowered by the Omega Beams, which can still circle around them. Still, were Darkseid to be hit, he'd suffer major damage not only because of their raw power, but also because of their great heat.

As said, the SGS would be an absolute instant kill, but it needs to reach Darkseid first. Ryu's greater mobility would definitely help, unless Darkseid spams Omega Beams, but admittedly Evil Ryu can spam Ashura Senku as well and pass through the beams, forcing Darkseid to either maintain the defensive or keep escaping through Boom Tubes. Also, how fun would it be to see Evil Ryu undergroundmobilitin' his way through avoid the Beams?

Darkseid can fly, which could furtherly help him, but I don't know how in-character it is for him. Evil Ryu can somewhat keep up with ranged attackss, acrobatics and his ability to jump very high, but it has clear limitations.

Overall, I vote Evil Ryu, since he most likely has better chances, although Darkseid could still prove his worth and win if he fights in a certain way.

Last edited:
Back