• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hei (Darker than Black.) power and Abilities addition's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on tackling Hei's profile as a whole since it's complete and total mess but for know I'd prefer to start off with his abilities section since he's missing a lot.

Hei needs the following

* Analytical Prediction and Information Analysis and enhanced senses.

* Extrasensory Perception (can see in his mask without any obstructions and Contractors can view Spirits.)

* Resistance to Matter Manipulation (Macro Quantum.) (Resisted Harvest's ability to deconstruct all forms of matter on a macro quantum level on several occasions.)

* Attack Reflection (Reversed Harvest's Deconstruction ability back at him.)

* Limited Resistance to Perception Manipulation (Broke out of Abigail's Perception Manipulation in under 5 minutes.)

* Acrobatics ( Here, here, here, here and here.)

* Light Manipulation and Limited Radiation Manipulation (Contractors emit light and radiation whilst using their powers.)

* Biological Regeneration Negation via Electricity / matter Manipulation. Hei's ability lies in it's nature to interact with electrons, effectively cooking them inside the body till they die.

* Deconstruction (Hei can revert matter back into it's basic components.)

* Transmutation: Hei is capable of altering matter on a quantum level.

Last edited:
Preface: I don't know anything about this verse, but I've been asked to comment here, so forgive me if I miss something.

The first scan is good.

Seeing spirit is enhanced senses, since you still use your eyes. Honestly, I'd say even moving while being asked is a form of enhanced senses, there can be many factors involving his other senses and feelings, instead of him actually having a sixth sense entirely.

Does the matter manipulator use his powers all the times, like, passively? Or is him using that against him?

The rest is good, but the last thing (regen negation) needs scans.

Preface: I don't know anything about this verse, but I've been asked to comment here, so forgive me if I miss something.

The first scan is good.

Seeing spirit is enhanced senses, since you still use your eyes. Honestly, I'd say even moving while being asked is a form of enhanced senses, there can be many factors involving his other senses and feelings, instead of him actually having a sixth sense entirely.
Fair enough, I've just seen seeing souls be placed as Extrasensory Perception.
Does the matter manipulator use his powers all the times, like, passively? Or is him using that against him?
His name is Harvest and he uses matter Manipulation for all his attacks, he tried attacking Hei then Reversed his powers back at him.
The rest is good, but the last thing (regen negation) needs scans.
Technically it's already there, but essentially what he does is wrap a metal wire around the opponent and uses it to shock them and Hei's ability lies in him Manipulating electrons so he's effectively frying every electrons in the body.

Also I think he'd qualify for all forms of Acrobatics since he often fights on ground that's collapsing and gets away with his tethering from buildings away.

His name is Harvest and he uses matter Manipulation for all his attacks, he tried attacking Hei then Reversed his powers back at him.
It's good, then.

Technically it's already there, but essentially what he does is wrap a metal wire around the opponent and uses it to shock them and Hei's ability lies in him Manipulating electrons so he's effectively frying every electrons in the body.
Oh, so it's the same as that Harvest guy, right? Anyway, I think it's good as long as scans are on his profile.

Also I think he'd qualify for all forms of Acrobatics since he often fights on ground that's collapsing and gets away with his tethering from buildings away.
I don't think we really need to point out each form of the ability, they are there the explain and describe what qualifies as Acrobatics.
Obv nothing prevents you from doing it.

All the abilities in the OP look good, and I agree with Saman that Hei's feat of starting up his own heart before dying from a heart attack should simply be added to his Electricity Manipulation

The heart defibrillation is definitely electricity manip.

Also agree with rest of abilities addition.
But perhaps one suggestion...
Maybe this should be...
Quantum Manipulation: Alters matter on Quantum level to change materials.

That is clearly matter manip and Transmutation as an application, just saying Transmutation feels as if its just generic kind which works on deeper lvls.

Also as a temporary rating since there's a calc that needs evaluation would it be fine to make Hei 9-A instead of 9-C? As he can withstand a car explosion with no negative side affects.

Definitely a lot better than 9-C, honestly have no clue where that even came from.

It is usually better to wait with closing threads until after the accepted changes have been applied, in case there are any questions or errors to deal with.

It is usually better to wait with closing threads until after the accepted changes have been applied, in case there are any questions or errors to deal with.
This has been accepted already, I wouldn't get a thread close otherwise.

Yes, but have the accepted changes been applied to the wiki pages yet?

But I am wondering; shouldn't that car explosion that he survived be calculated? Or is it standard for such explosions to be 9-A?

Also his physical AP needs a proper justification. We don't scale AP to durability without a good reason; however, noting that he can fight characters capable of harming him should suffice.

Will edit it accordingly then.
Sounds great!
From what I've seen car explosions are 9-A, John Wick, a handful of GTA characters and so on and so forth have 9-A for surviving car explosion's without a calc.
Fair enough then.

Btw, I also vaguely remember there being some bullet dodging feats for Hei. Maybe we should get those calculated? It's been years since I've watched the anime though, so my memory could be failing me here.

So has everything been properly handled here now? In that case I don't mind if we close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back