• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heavy Weather "Power Nullification"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had talked with some of the Jojo debaters on here about this in the past, and I'm finally getting around to finally getting this over with.

One of the things that Heavy Weather does is power nullification, but not in the conventional way. Power Nullification is the best way to describe it, but its more along the lines of Power Modifiation that makes the effected people's powers borderline useless. For example, Hermes becomes unable to remove her stickers or use them almost at all, and Jolyne's strings become unusable as well. Their stand bodies turn to snails as well, but it should be noted that both Hermes and Jolyne's abilities are not related to the manifestation or functionality of the stand bodies, so the unusability of their powers are not a result of this. In addition, many of those effected by Heavy Weather become bordline mindless

Also, Weather needs to have some more of the applications of his abilities listed. Such as Animal Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, the ability to know his surroundings from air currents, the ability to manipulate people with electricity, and more

Gonna bring up here how Weather's powers should purely be Envrionmental Destruction; I doubt he can actually use the energy he could have used to destroy the Ozone Layer/cause storms to attack other characters or stands.

The reason that was used for why these things scale to his other powers is because he can use that same energy for his other attacks. For example, he should be able to use the same amount of energy that he used to create a typhoon as he does to create atmospheric shielding or something else. Physically destroying the ozone layer would probably be a lot harder than the way the feat was calc'd, but the raw energy it would take is how it was calc'd. he could potentially be higher with enviromental destruction since he can life wipe, but it would not scale to his other attacks

I think that is a good balance. Something like Oudo's Weighted Words probably wouldn't be effected since it isn't physical. We can add a note on his profile to explain it further

I'm pretty sure as a snail you lose all concious thought, right? As in you as a human black out and take the literal nervous system of a snail?

It did in some cases, like when one dude just fell over into a pile of snails, but in other cases they remained concious. So far it seems like a coin toss if you explode into a pile of snails, drop unconcious, or just transform into one while slowly deteriorating

Theoretically nah, but with the ******* mess that is the rainbows of heavy weather, I think we are passed bat shit insanity already lol

Okay, so if you're transmuted into a snail then you're pretty much ******, even if you have an ability to turn yourself back - you can't use it because you don't have a brain to activate said ability.

Kinda, only barely. Me and the professor are talking about if you get a bad dice roll with Heavy Weather and just fall apart into a pile of snails or just drop mindless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back