• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heaven Ascension DIO VS Word Devil (Black Clover)

That's debatable actually, since the Word Devils first few moves aren't all one shots and he can't just tell people to die.

True, but not all of his attacks can destroy DIO on level in which his Regen doesn't work. While his arms would be destroyed eventually, they wouldn't be taken out at the beginning of the fight

>You know what, I have to admit you've shown definitive proof that DIO does combine RO with Timestop. I'll concede that point. With that concession comes another point however, DIO now uses Timestop like King Crimson. He doesn't attack enemies while time is stopped, which might work with the joestars but isn't as likely with the devil.

Except, once again, and I'm getting tired of saying this, Dio never wanted to kill the Joestars, he held back and went easy, of course he didnt use his time stop like he normall does, his goal was to never actually kill them. And itd work fine with the wd,

>Another point I will concede upon is the aura, because as you said there is nothing that states why he doesn't have it when it looks like he should.

It's in the cutscenes as well, it's featured in two.

>You also fail to mention is that that soul hax of his you keep harping up, was a strange mist he created from an earlier encounter. He didn't just wave his arms and take their souls.

I didnt fail to mention that, i'd appreciate it if you read very carefully on what I actually typed out, to quote myself he'd be dealing Dio's mist, soulhax and being made blind, which I doubt the wd can deal with for a week straight and all while scattered across universes and time into his dimension, corrupted them and then soulhax'd the entire cast. Also corruption needs the mist, soulhax doesnt, he absorbs Pucci's soul as well despite not being in the same universe upon his death, he doesnt need the mist to soulhax, in the instane with the joestars he corrupted them first the soulhax'd, but we know the mist isnt need because he soulhax's multiple times without it.

> And while BFR could be a win for DIO, he doesn't throw away enemies he's directly fighting and wouldn't just leave the Word Devil alone even if he did.

He literally did though and youre right, he wouldnt just leave the wd, he'd snipe him with his multiversal+ range, he doesnt need to be there to fight him or take care of him. You fail to realize that.

>And you keep saying he doesn't screw around with actual threats, but that is the entirety of his last battle with Jotaro. Him playing around with an actual threat to him. This DIO is actually the inverse of part 3 DIO because at least that one acted cautious about Jotaro also having time stop.

Yeah, I am saying that and I stand by it, it's getting actually very tiresome at how much context yoyre ignoring, every single battle with Jotaro Dio purposely lost to strength Jotaro's soul, and when Dio finally no longer needed him, he instantly punched a hole right through him and Jotaro asspulled overheaven, when Jotaro unlocked Overheaven, it didnt matter, SPOH resists TWOH's hax and powers, that was established earlier in the game by Funny, it's why Dio couldnt steal Jotaro's corpse part as SPOH resisted and negated it. This Dio isnt the inverse, he's the exact same, down to even using the exact same blood in eyes to kick method, his personality and methodology is the same, in fact even Part 3 Dio acted the same way with Jotaro, toying with him and even testing himself, when he thought he knew Jotaro's limits, when he realized Jotaro was an actual threat he did a 180, HA Dio is the same, he just learned when it was far to late. HA Dio also went in for the kill in the immediate cutscene after the battle, breaking Jotaro's legs, killing Jolyne then trying to smash his head in. Stop ignoring context.

>This one just kept messing around, and he has little reason to actual fear Star Plationum's physical might in this case since when he is able to just heal all the wounds on himself near instantousely when both arms are working okay. And as far as DIO knows, the Word Devil is just a really weird stand that seeks to oppose him and evenif he was to realize that, he'd definetly be curious but caution isn't something he exercisies.

Yeah, he doesnt fear Star Platinum's physical prowess, it's literally why he thought Jotaro wasnt a threat and ****** around with him. You literally just explained why Jotaro got as far as he did, if Dio knew that SP could encroach on him and copy his powers, Jotaro would of died long before he unlocked over heaven. And not quite, Dio should be able to realize if he's a Stand or not, numerous Stand users can tell what is and isnt a stand at a glance, or if theyre truly noncorporal or not. If Dio thinks that it's a stand, he'd honestly either straight up leave to hunt down the user, figure out its not a stand at all, see what it can do from afar then go from there or straight up not take any precautions on an unknown stand and straight up kill it without any uneeded risk, you seem to forget Dio is very well versed ion Stands, having the best knowledge of them out of most of jojo while also realizing Stands can not be triffld with and going into a stand battle without knowing what the stand can do is dangerous, this Dio is very calm and calculating, he doesnt make it known on the outside but we know this from his inner monolouges, he knows that he has weaknessess and that he must cover those weakness and not take unneeded risks unless said risks are to further his ultimate goal of creating a new reality, and unfortunatly for the wd, Dio has no reason to take risks here. It's actually kinda baffling that you think HA Dio isnt cautious, he actually did take precautions in his plans, the only thing he didnt account for was Jotaro asspulling overheaven, which isnt something you can fault him on, he thought he knew what Jotaro could do and assuming theyre the same stand is a ridiculous jump in logic when SP and TW are the only stands in existence that are like that minus Act4 and Ball Breaker but even they arent the same, they just utilize the infinite spin together.

>Onto the corpse parts, the other resistances you bring up aren't up there because corruption is something very distinct from just mental and empathtic manipulation. So while the corpse parts habe been shown to overide corruption they haven't been shown or stated to do the others separaetly.

Literally says it hs a resistance to mind manipulation on every single Part 7 profile, I even liked Gyro's, which is the most up to date profile although Johnny, Diego and Funny have it listed as well). And if I had a dollar for everytime that ive seen someone say a resistance to mind manip covers empath manip, I'd have enough money to buy a nice dinner. Also have you even read the corruption wiki page? It literally says that it can cover mind manipulation as well, and in the game it literally says that Dio's corruption explicitly effects the mind and makes them violent and effects their morality. There's not knowing but then there's saying that it hasnt been shown or stated, when both have been shown and stated, multiple imes at that.

>The Word Devil, while arrogant does actually go for the kill when battling even when not directly opposed. An when someone is actually a threat to him like DIO is, he becomes far less willing to take risk.

So he's like Dio then? Cocky as **** but doesnt **** around when their are unneeded risks? I'm not going to repeat myself again, but Dio never wanted to kill any of the characters in the game up to a certain point, and when he did, he took out the entire cast without any effort from a different universe and punched a hole clean through Jotaro. (And also stomped Funny and erased his very existence from every universe in reality and one shot jolyne with OR the moment she tried to attack him), the only case where someone didnt die when he didnt want them to is Jotaro,and that's becaue he gained overheaven and as such gained an inate resistance to TWOH. (And even then, Dio still almost got him). It's quite astonishing that you think that Jotaro and the wd are even a remotely comparable thing or situation or Dio purposely losing and holding back on using his powers, going easy is the same situation as Dio willing to kill against an unknown hell spawn demon. And fyi, that's assuming the wd knows of Dio's powers, neither have prior knowledge (which makes me wonder why you keep talking as if both know each others powers and weaknesses), to Dio, he's fighting a demon hellspawn, and to the wd, he's fighting a buffdude that looks like he just stepped out of the wwe.

>Onto your last bit, DIO starts off every battle with CQC, in gameplay and out. And starting range is actually not within the Words arm reach, its hundreds meters apart due to the Word Devil's magic. This allows the Word Devil to get a good hard look at what goes on around DIO whenever his attacks are attempted, and while he can't see stands, he can definetly see effecitve range meaning that keep away is the game he'll play and getting touched isn't something he just allows.

Yeah, maybe against characters that he knows cqc will work on (and besides cqc works fine, Dio has a touch of death, and actually, doing some research, throwing a punch is faster then speaking aword, given that the punch is thrown by some exceptionally skilled, speed equal still has certain actions take longer if by nature they take longer normally), OP literally says starting range is 2.5 meters, and if we were going by SBA, the starting range is 4km due to Dio having much greater range, in no situation is starting range hundreds of meters, OP says that it's 2.5 meters so within the World's arm reach and spawn area or if it's SBA it's 4km which is far out of the wd's range but within Dio's range. As such no, that doesnt allow the wd to do anything, because if it's OP's range Dio either BFR's or quickly taps and OR's like he did with Jolyne (assuming he doesnt use time stop or bfr) or it's Dio that can look at what the wd does to the 4km starting range and deduce that yeah, he's super dangerous and shouldnt be taken lightly (that or Dio would time stop to cover the distance and sneak/surprise attack OR, given that's actually one of the straight up explicit ways that he uses time stop in a battle). And dude, if the wd plays keep away (implying the matach even lasts long enough for that to happen), Dio wouldnt allow that to happen, he'd use time stop or teleportation or BFR, one the 3, to render anyway to keep away void and the wd cant exactly prevet Dio from doing any of those. Plus, being unable to see The World is a death sentence, at this range The World can just spawn on top of him and touch him, plus in the situation he needs to, the world is immune to 99% of the wd's attacks due to it apparently lacking npi, which seems odd, but idk i guess he doesnt have it.

>And don't forget that anything Word devil says will one shot Dio

Actually, that isnt true, from what I understand, the spoken words negate durability, they dont have AP, they just reflect what the word means, if the wd doesnt chose what he says carefully, he's either gonna tip Dio off on his power and Dio would go haha **** that and go all in with his own hax or the word wont actually kill Dio due to his vampiric status, being capable of surving thinfs like being torn apat, bisected, etc just fine which would tip Dio in him going haha **** hat and go in full force as above. If the wd doesnt say something that will instantly kill Dio then it wont do anything but tip Dio off and force him into going all out. And the prfile explicitlysays he cant say death wishes, which If im understanding correctly, means he cant say instakill things. And as the wd doesnt know about Dio's and the world's hands being crucial, it's not very likely he will says something that renders the hands obsolete. I could be wrong, I'm not gonna act like my understanding on this here is right, but that's what I gathered from the profile.

Some words ignores Durability, like "be crushed" but other words like "Lightning Fang" are normal attacks

Yes, and be crushed probably wouldnt do anything other then piss Dio off (plus pretty sure twoh is faster on the draw given the 2.5 meter starting distance), and if its a normal attack, that means it can be dodged and Dio has numerous easy ways to do so and if Dio sees the destruction it reaps, he wont **** around in the slightest.

SpookyShadow said:
Doesn't Dio got Multiversal+ range only because he erased Funny from all timelines?
He also scattered the joestar squad across multiple universes and time, and attacked them and effected them while in a different universe all while the squad were in multiple universes and different times within those universes, among other things. He has a few multiversal range feats on his powers. BFR, teleportation, summong, soul hax, mist, a few other powers all have multiversal+ range, plus he has a few powers like lightning, tornadoes, knife spamming (which he creates from thin air and the knives track targets like gilgamesh from fate) or perception status inducement have pretty big range as well. Only the contact OR has low range.

Just saying, Dio doesn't need to touch anything to RO, he just needs his hands to not be damaged. He warped his own pocket reality and I have no idea how one would even begin to explain how he touched that.

That's true, iirc there was another few possible examples, but idk if the game actually said he needed to touch or only if his hands needed to be undamaged. I'd check but the eng translation of the game is kinda fucky if i recall as well. I think steel ball jack had a translation of the raws though, could take a look.

Back