• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Zuko once beat Katara when it was almost sunrise, then when she was chasing him to take Aang back at night, she defeated him in less than 10 seconds

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. He reignites that quickly huh?
He does. But if Katara's fighting him in a place full of water and ice during a full moon, she should have a reasonable chance of fully submerging him in the ice cold water

In this battle, Heatblast is in character, right? Because i think Katara can't survive to this in the Heatblast 10 years old scale
ben10-heatblast.gif
Standard Battle Assumptions apply here. But the starting distance was increased so he won't be able to instantly fry Katara with a supernova. Plus her water shields have 7-C durability

Standard Battle Assumptions apply here. But the starting distance was increased so he won't be able to instantly fry Katara with a supernova. Plus her water shields have 7-C durability
7-C dura is useless because it's still water. It could take a 7-C physical attack, sure, but the properties of the water are no different. Heatblast vaporizes it.

7-C dura is useless because it's still water. It could take a 7-C physical attack, sure, but the properties of the water are no different. Heatblast vaporizes it.
I think Katara can still attack from the ground Heatblast is standing on. She did it to Zuko before

I think Katara can still attack from the ground Heatblast is standing on. She did it to Zuko before
He can fly via launching himself with fire, I believe. He can also fly by taking a chunk of the ground and using it as a platform but obviously that's not applicable here.

I feel like the extent to which you're buffing Katara is demonstrative of the fact that she loses this match in basically all capacities. Her single way of attacking is nullified.

I'm trying to vote Heatblast but also prove that Katara has some win conditions so that this isn't a stomp thread

He can fly via launching himself with fire, I believe. He can also fly by taking a chunk of the ground and using it as a platform but obviously that's not applicable here.

I feel like the extent to which you're buffing Katara is demonstrative of the fact that she loses this match in basically all capacities. Her single way of attacking is nullified.
Should I change the opponent to Azula or something then

And Heatblast still have a massive range, dude, this is a stomp, CHANGE for Azula

Even Azula might get cooked - literally. Zuko's been burned by fire before and I don't know if anyone in ATLA has demonstrated fire/resistance on Heatblast's level.

Hi.

So Katara has as much water as she get from the environment. Heatblast can’t evaporate a shit ton of water instantly.

Hi.

So Katara has as much water as she get from the environment. Heatblast can’t evaporate a shit ton of water instantly.
But she can't control the ENTIRE environment at once. I agree she's in her element (literally, that's the point) but she both needs to protect herself (not fire resistant and also 9-B dura physically) while also simultaneously controlling large enough amounts of water that Heatblast can't evaporate them in a single shot

There's also the fact that he has Supernova Hot (seemed to be emotion based but I've been told it can be done at will), which is an amp that took him (as a 4 year old) from getting his attacks batted away and negated by Hex to forcing him to defend with a shield and then launching him into the distance, as well as evaporating an entire lake in the process. 10 year old Heatblast should naturally be far stronger than at half his age, so.

But she can't control the ENTIRE environment at once. I agree she's in her element (literally, that's the point) but she both needs to protect herself (not fire resistant and also 9-B dura physically) while also simultaneously controlling large enough amounts of water that Heatblast can't evaporate them in a single shot

There's also the fact that he has Supernova Hot (seemed to be emotion based but I've been told it can be done at will), which is an amp that took him (as a 4 year old) from getting his attacks batted away and negated by Hex to forcing him to defend with a shield and then launching him into the distance, as well as evaporating an entire lake in the process. 10 year old Heatblast should naturally be far stronger than at half his age, so.

Was the emotion based amp ever not emotion based before?

Yup. Gwen says "do the amp" and he replies "ok lol".

Yeah but keep in mind he didn’t do the amp specifically, he replicated it. He had to generate that much heat over time to replicate the emotion based amp. But yeah this just means he can reach that level of power another way without emotions.

I still think Katara can put him down before that.

It just occurred to me that since Heatblast is standing on the ice, which Katara can control, she could do something similar to what that Earthbender general did to her and suck HB down into the water. If HB loses his resistance to ice after being extinguished, then she can spear him while he's down there.

It just occurred to me that since Heatblast is standing on the ice, which Katara can control, she could do something similar to what that Earthbender general did to her and suck HB down into the water. If HB loses his resistance to ice after being extinguished, then she can spear him while he's down there.
Heatblast can flight-

Yeah but keep in mind he didn’t do the amp specifically, he replicated it. He had to generate that much heat over time to replicate the emotion based amp. But yeah this just means he can reach that level of power another way without emotions.

I still think Katara can put him down before that.
I think she can definitely give him a fight, don't get me wrong, I just don't think she'll be able to (effectively) simultaneously guard herself because even an arm wave from Heatblast will paste her AND also be attacking him with amounts of water large enough for him to not vaporise instantly.

Wouldn't Heatblast still be somewhat weaker from simply existing in such a cold place. He functioned fine in a rainstorm but the water tribe is basically an arctic

Wouldn't Heatblast still be somewhat weaker from simply existing in such a cold place. He functioned fine in a rainstorm but the water tribe is basically an arctic
I don't think so, but even if he was I doubt it would make a huge difference.

I wonder if I should make this 10 year old Ben transforming into Heatblast so that Katara basically only has to outlast him for 10 minutes

I wonder if I should make this 10 year old Ben transforming into Heatblast so that Katara basically only has to outlast him for 10 minutes
This sounds unfair when Katara still have
  • A long meters of distance, because in a close range, Heatblast can obliterate him
  • The terrain in favor
  • The full moon

I mean, dude, Ben have all to lose and you can't vote for him already?

This sounds unfair when Katara still have
  • A long meters of distance, because in a close range, Heatblast can obliterate him
  • The terrain in favor
  • The full moon

I mean, dude, Ben have all to lose and you can't vote for him already?
I was going to vote for Heatblast but also give reasons as to how Katara has win conditions so that this matchup isn't just a stomp

I'm voting for Heatblast. Katara does have a wincon in that she could immobolize and ultimately kill him by sucking him under the ice, but I think HB would take off before she decides to do that, and when HB realizes that she uses the environment as a weapon, he's not going to come down until she's dead.

Voting Katara, she would catch him in the air with water, and bring him down to perform her wincon. The range and AOE is massive under the moon. And she has an AP advantage and big LS advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back