• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss Regeneration?

I feel like that's more a point of how strong they are and less a point of regeneration, tbh, since it's clear normal weaponry would be tanked by a Royal.
It's still holy weapony. Sinner demons can be hurt, but unless the attack was from a holy weapon, they can come back from pretty much anything. Since Royal demons would upscale in that regard (as well as given the fact they are demons), the same would apply to Stolas, though I will concede that Holy weapons could potentially be a stronger calibre compared to the weaponry found in hell.

On an unrelated note however, I have been exploring both profiles and the show, and I saw a scene where Striker tanks multiple stab wounds from Millie and walks away relatively unscathed. Granted, this could be a Plot Induced Outlier since it breaks the rules of what we know for imp demons (and the fact that Millie gets her arm broken in the same scene and is left incapacitated), but given that Striker was fine right after the confrontation (or at least unaffected by it) and the fact that the story mostly focuses on plot and character development instead of fighting scenes (that is to say, stuff in the show happens for the sake of the story rather than power logic), it could still be applicable here.

Going back to the scene I mentioned, assuming that regen was in play here, Striker would be showing High-Low regeneration (since Millie likely stabbed him in vital areas and possibly even his spine.), which we could allow given that it doesn't scale to sinner demons. However, assuming we are axing the idea of Imps having regen entirely, Striker could just simply be showing an immense pain tolerance, which would also be acceptable given that Blitzo has shown that type of resilience before (in S1E1, Blitzo was shot in the arm, yet was still capapble of fighting on with his hand as long as his arm was in a cast/sling. I myself could say this could just be regen since Striker walked it off like nothing, but Im fine with imps just having immense pain tolerance as well.

The regeneration is a bit wonky throughout the entire series, as characters like Striker were able to recover from being flatted by a giant statue of himself, but Fizz couldn't regenerate from the damage he took from the explosion.

it's a pretty pick and choose.

I feel like that's more a point of how strong they are and less a point of regeneration, tbh, since it's clear normal weaponry would be tanked by a Royal.
The holy lasso was established to nullify a demon's powers, which is why Stolas couldn't regenerate in the first place.

The regeneration is a bit wonky throughout the entire series, as characters like Striker were able to recover from being flatted by a giant statue of himself, but Fizz couldn't regenerate from the damage he took from the explosion.

The holy lasso was established to nullify a demon's powers, which is why Stolas couldn't regenerate in the first place.
Striker pretty explicitly dodged the Statue falling on him lol

I agree. Theres a lot of moments in the show where the plot is pretty picky with how characters should react to things. Striker seemingly regenerated from stab wounds inflicted by millie, but the latter couldn't regenerate from her own wounds nearly as fast cause Moxxie needed the spotlight. Blitzo was able to emerge unscathed from falling onto a pile of hellfire torches, but would later turn out to Recieve his white burn mark from exposure to said fire (albiet in an explosion of fire caused by fireworks). There's definetely an issue in how the show in terms of physical capabilities, its similar to how in DC the Flash is MFTL+ on a good day and immeasurable at his best, but can lose to Captain Cold because of comic reasons

What all regeneration feats are there in Helluva Boss? Because the regeneration featured in the Demon Physiology page is based on Pilot Era Word of God statements.

What all regeneration feats are there in Helluva Boss? Because the regeneration featured in the Demon Physiology page is based on Pilot Era Word of God statements.
Only a few right now. Striker getting stabbed by Millie multiple times yet walking it off implies that imps have a High-Low regen, Also, depending on how you look at it, Striker also could have been crushed by his statue, which would imply that he regenerated from that injury as well.

That being said, this all applies to striker, and I just found out striker is apparently a demon hybrid according to WOG (its a bit hard to hear sorry), but we don't know what hybrid yet, so this probably only applies to him rather than anyone else.

Stryker looks different from all the other imps so him having different physiology makes sense.

Its been a little bit quiet now and maybe necro, but im going to say it here: all imp characters shouldn't have type 2,3,4 and 5 immortality and the regen stuff shouldn't be included since imps shouldn't scale to sinners/royal demons.

In regards to the immortality stuff, its been shown, multiple times in fact, that imp type demons can die. Millie has been stated to have killed multiple imps in "The Harvest Moon Festival" (S1E5), while another imp(?) (probably not an imp but still a low class demon) named Chaz was shown and confirmed to be killed by the end of "Exes and Oohs" (S2E3), while Moxxie's mom was also implied to have been killed as well. So obviously immortality types 2,4 and 5 dont apply here. The only type of immortality that could be applicable to imps would be the type 1 immortality, but even that claim is based off the idea we're still scaling imp immortality to sinners, which given the facts, we really shouldn't be doing that in the first place. For all we know, imps are just as mortal as any actual human, the only difference being they are a bit stronger than one.

As for regen, the answer is simple: no imp demon has been shown to have the same level of regen as that of a sinner. The only notable feat of regen would be Blitzo recovering from a gunshot wound in "Murder Family" (S1E1), but we have no timeframe for the healing and even highballing it would put Blitzo at an inferior regen level compared to that of a sinner.

So yeah, imps should have their immortality removed and their regen downgraded. There are too many anti-feats and statements to suggest imp demons are comparable to sinners or royal demons and until a feat or statement states otherwise, they should be taken off the profile for the time being.
Necro but I've been wanting to make a thread addressing this, so I agree with this wholeheartedly

Back