• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Layer Evaluation Thread

Yeah not really seeing causality and law hax there, plus the "transcend causality" stuff just sounds like type 4 Acausality and not layered hax.
the causality/law stuff got accepted before hand
Could you not go around sharing this stuff when it's not even accepted yet?

Hell, Shake's not even fully done with it. So again, just don't.
though it was accepted by now cause 2 staff votes oops

@deonment yeah the first section doesn't tell me much on layers, even in the CRT since being stronger doesn't automatically mean layered hax unless you can prove it means to bypass one's resistance. The latter argument looks fine, so like 1-2 layers for that.
If it is about the higher being layer it is less them being stronger, and moreso that higher beings can all utilize a pure focus, which was the ultimate goal for the Soul Sanctum that none of them ever achieved, so they should have more resistance to the negative effects of their experiments. Even moreso with The Knight and The Hollow Knight (as the Pure Vessel) both being able to focus in-game (with it being a core game mechanic for the former and a pattern in his fight for the latter) without any of the associated negative effects of the Soul Sanctum experiments, which we know was the injection of SOUL.

If your issue is with the Soul Santcum Layers. The justification is less about it being stronger and more about the above bit on achieving a pure focus, so the most successful product of these experiments (which is "separate" from the label of the strongest) should be closer to such. This in conjunction with the fact that the Hunter's Journal Entry for them, calls them once intelligent and when Dream Nailed, the Mistakes and Follies produce Dialogue like this:
  • ...Why...Why...?
  • ...Light....Soul...Light!
  • ...Did it work...?
    -Mistake and Folly Dream Nail Dialogue
Whereas the rest of the Soul Santcum enemies are called learned or intelligent in their Hunter's Journal Entry and produce Dialogue like this:
  • ...I feel them within me...
  • ...Power...Light...Rage...
  • ...Mind swells...Mind aches...
    -Volt Twister and Soul Twister Dream Nail Dialogue
  • This soul...Is it my own?
  • ...This power...What did it cost?
  • These skills...No training I recall...
    -Soul Warrior Dream Nail Dialogue
This clearly contrasts the dialogue of the Mistakes and Follies, which is done even moreso by the Soul Master/Soul Tyrant's dialogues, which would be easier to show you if I just linked the wiki here and here (scroll down till you see the dialogue header and open that).

Which could be used to argue another layer between normal scholars and the Soul Master but idk.

@deonment For the layered hax to work the lesser beings would need to be resistant to the normal effects of the SOUL injection as opposed to it being limited. As for the soul sanctum and soul tyrant stuff, not fully sure on this for it being layered hax, that would need some elaboration for it to be layered, like the soul sanctum being completely fine from the former stuff, but the stronger effects they’re susceptible to only for the stronger beings to resist that one easily.

@Theglassman12 Ty for the reply. Just wanted to know, so can we consider that each level of a realm is a layer, considering there quite a few instances of hax not working on a higher level, not even a realm.

Najimi couldn't nullify Medaka's The End with Life Zero, but Iihiko was able to nullify Medaka's The End.
latest
Thats because Medaka's nature as the protagonist/hero. Moreso to the Fate/Probability/Supernatural Luck that she have.

@Sonoftanavast9 The authority stuff looks fine but the 9 layers for the soul and mindhax stuff I'm not really seeing without any scans.

@Rikimarox2 it would work as a layer if each individual realm can grant the user some resistances, and the higher realms are able to hax those in the lower realms.

@Sonoftanavast9 The authority stuff looks fine but the 9 layers for the soul and mindhax stuff I'm not really seeing without any scans.
It's basically a result of higher cultivation realms granting greater soul/mind hax as well as resistance which allows them to resist the soul/mind hax and bypass the resistance of those at a lower Cultivation level:
Couple this with the fact that all Sacred Artists can induce "Spiritual Pressure" which those of their cultivation realm can induce on those in lower realms than them but those in the same or higher realms can resist

Is there any scans on all 9 realms with said hierarchy? If those exist then i can see the 9 layer hax stuff

@Rikimarox2 it would work as a layer if each individual realm can grant the user some resistances, and the higher realms are able to hax those in the lower realms.
This happens not just in higher realms, but even in the same realm (Almost each realm has like 9 levels), where a level 8 is able to hax someone at a lower level, whereas the lower level one cannot hax the higher one (Unless you are like, a god tier in strength and soul that far surpasses your own realm)

@Rikimarox2 if you can prove those 9 levels in each realm and the higher levels can hax those in the lower levels with resistance then it can work.

@Sonoftanavast9 that can work, though it would be preferred if you show scans for all of these 9 levels existing on top of the numerous instances of higher levels haxing the lower levels to solidify it.

@Sonoftanavast9 that can work, though it would be preferred if you show scans for all of these 9 levels existing on top of the numerous instances of higher levels haxing the lower levels to solidify it.
I've made the necessary changes to the blog by added scans for the existence of each advancement stage and the instances of more highly advanced sacred artists affecting those at the lower level

I am wondering, saw Robo start a matchup with Anima, where dose the "16 layers of magic" come from" in this blog? Sure, I can see some layers, AT best it seems like 1-3 layers to me. I am curious what you think Glassman?

The "layers" would vary from character to character. As I stated earlier in this thread, I proposed that every +5 above a Resistance value of 20 would be considered a layer (that is, based in the same principle used in DnD) and Warhammer). Soa character like Kisidan would have a Magic Resistance layer of 22, Nameless a count of 27, and Omega (LoI) a value of 35 based in their base MR of 130, 155 and 195 respectively (This does not mention their other resistances, like psychic, physical, venom and disease; nor those granted by Gnosis).

The "layers" would vary from character to character. As I stated earlier in this thread, I proposed that every +5 above a Resistance value of 20 would be considered a layer (that is, based in the same principle used in DnD) and Warhammer). Soa character like Kisidan would have a Magic Resistance layer of 22, Nameless a count of 27, and Omega (LoI) a value of 35 based in their base MR of 130, 155 and 195 respectively (This does not mention their other resistances, like psychic, physical, venom and disease; nor those granted by Gnosis).
Ahhh, I see. I would personally not consider it a layer. but am willing to accept it if most agrees to it.

@Dark_Soul20189 I’ve already evaluated the Anima stuff and it qualifies for layered hax with what Antoniofer explained, if you have a problem with it then you’re gonna have to refute the fact Anima stats translates to higher resistance.

@Dark_Soul20189 I’ve already evaluated the Anima stuff and it qualifies for layered hax with what Antoniofer explained, if you have a problem with it then you’re gonna have to refute the fact Anima stats translates to higher resistance.
You missundersand me, I won't try to debunk or say i dosen't qualify. I just needed to know why it qualified, since for my understanding of how layers work diden't match he layers that were proposed. Either way, I am not gonna try to debunk it or complain. I just wanted to undersand why it was 16 layers.

Resistance stats for Anima starts at 20 and every 5+ intervals is an additional resistance towards some abilities at higher levels, and the stat goes to 100.

There is not really a limit to resistances values, theorically speaking. Sure, currently there no character with a resistance value above 200, but this one can be increased by outside factors such spells (abilities such Ki Concealment could increase the resistances by a factor of +30, but only against supernatural detections). However, you have the Noth, that automatically passes every resistance check, regardless of value, nature and origin; it may as well be considered countless layers.

There is not really a limit to resistances values, theorically speaking. Sure, currently there no character with a resistance value above 200, but this one can be increased by outside factors such spells (abilities such Ki Concealment could increase the resistances by a factor of +30, but only against supernatural detections). However, you have the Noth, that automatically passes every resistance check, regardless of value, nature and origin; it may as well be considered countless layers.
At least it has a cool design for being so broken.

So after talking with glass in DMs to further clarify things, Hollow Knight qualifies for 4 layers of hax (though the position of certain things is shuffled around) for mind and bio hax
Soul Master(Layer 1 of resistance)<Higher Beings and their kin(Layer 2 of resistance)<The Hollow Knight(Layer 3 of resistance)<The Radiance(Layer 4 of hax)

Yeah they’re ok
Ok thanks
I will discuss it on a CRT but it will look something like that:

Seidr (Base):
Time manip (1 layer): Gods of light (like Seidr) can affect people like Alfonse who resist Time manipulation from the Tempest.
Resistance to Time manip (1 layer) : Can counter time manip with her own.

Seidr (Powered)
Resistance to Time manip (2 layers) : Resist Gullveig's Time Manip.
Time manip (2 layers): equal to Gullveig's.

Gullveig
Time manip (2 layers): Can affect Base Seidr who despite her resistance was completely powerless against her.
Resistance to Time manip (2 layers): Resist Seidr's Time manip.

Btw, the Archie Sonic layers stuff for the power rings was accepted here, though the Chaos Emerald layer stuff was not accepted, so that should be mentioned in the OP.

TL: DR for accepted stuff:

2 Power Rings together can negate the resistances of a single Power Ring.

1 Chaos Emerald >= Enough Power Rings to cover the entire exterior of the Death Egg in a chain-mail like fashion.

So 1 Chaos Emerald has hundreds of layers, at the very least, and that's massively lowballing, because the Death Egg is huge and each Power Ring is like a foot in diameter at most.

Back