• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hawkeye (Marvel) vs Hanzo Shimada (Overwatch)

There's also the fact that not including Hawkeye's strongest arrow, none of his other normal ones would be able to harm Hanzo nor touch him (due to having Large Building Dura and HHS+ reactions and combat speed). That and Hanzo is higher in terms of AP and Striking strength (At least 9-B, likely High 8-C) in comparison to that of Hawkeye where he's Street level in Dura and AP.

Even if speed was equalized, i'm still thinking that Hanzo takes this due to higher stats.

Jinx666 said:
^^^
Reasons above, gotta speed equalise boy
Well, even with that, Hanzo is more durable and stronger

And his Ultimate has Infinite range and can one-shot anyone (At least multiples Tank characters, and I'm sure that his attack is stronger than D.Va's Ult)

Oh darn, i keep forgetting that he has a variety of arrows like that. thanks for the reminder, Peter.

But still, the thing is since Speed's not equalized here (unless we decide to say f it and just change it w/o the OP's action), Hanzo has the reactions to dodge and keep up with Hawkeye so the latter likely won't be able to land even a single arrow of any kind on him except for the Nuke arrow....if he comes to consider using it by then, that is.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Oh darn, i keep forgetting that he has a variety of arrows like that. thanks for the reminder, Peter.
But still, the thing is since Speed's not equalized here (unless we decide to say f it and just change it w/o the OP's action), Hanzo has the reactions to dodge and keep up with Hawkeye so he the latter likely won't be able to land even a single arrow of any kind on him except for the Nuke arrow....if he comes to consider using it by then, that is.
Didn't see the speed not equalized part :p, in that case i guess hanzo wins with higher speed.......though i really think have speed equalized would make this a bit more intersting

Yup. Since speed's normal and as is, Hanzo wins this due to higher AP on top of having superior speed.

A speed equalized match here would have been interesting, tho....

If this becomes a speed stomp in Hanzo's favor...

Then both of their speeds will be equalized and Clint get his best arrows like the acid, vibranium, and adamantuinum arrows so that he'd a fair a bit better against Hanzo.

Doesn't it say that Hanzo's Ult. just get;s released, phase through any objects, and kill anyone caught in the move? It doesn't say that it can track others.....or....perhaps your saying that the move will just go until the targets dead? @Aiden

@Cross

No Hanzo's Ult does not track people. It only goes in a straight direction from where he fires it... Unless I am missing something.

HeroicDefender97 said:
@Cross
No Hanzo's Ult does not track people. It only goes in a straight direction from where he fires it... Unless I am missing something.
That's what i'm saying. It doesn't say if it tracks people and, AFAIK from gameplay videos and that of the cinematic video of Hanzo, it only went in a straight line.

CrossverseCrisis said:
That's what i'm saying. It doesn't say if it tracks people and, AFAIK from gameplay videos and that of the cinematic video of Hanzo, it only went in a straight line.
then my dodging sucks

@Aiden: Oh okay. ^^;

But i mean....Hanzo's Ult. in game and i think even in the cinematic video, it was of a decent size. Would Hawkeye even manage to get full on out of the way if he launches it or...?

AidenBrooks999 said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
then my dodging sucks
Hanzo's Ult is always easy to dodge thanks to the loud Ryuu ga waga teki o kurau!

Which gives you a heads up to prepare to dodge unless the Hanzo player cleverly shot it behind a debris which causes you to guess in which direction will it hit you in.

Hanzo still has the ability to curve his arrows to attack his target from unusual angles or behind cover and had enough precision with this shot to snipe the cell phone out of a man's hands while he was running away. Then there's how his scatter arrow from the lore seems to track his opponents, and results in far more than 6 projectiles.

Hanzo's archery seems to have some level of mystical quality to it. I'm not sure Hawkeye has any counters to that.

Preaplanes0 said:
Hanzo still has the ability to curve his arrows to attack his target from unusual angles or behind cover and had enough precision with this shot to snipe the cell phone out of a man's hands while he was running away. Then there's how his scatter arrow from the lore seems to track his opponents, and results in far more than 6 projectiles.
Hanzo's archery seems to have some level of mystical quality to them. I'm not sure Hawkeye has any counters to that.
Even though accuracy's difficult to measure, Hawkeye's got far more accuracy feats than Hanzo that have taken down tougher placed targets. Skill-wise, Hawkeye has the edge due to his years as an archer and combat training from Captain America. He's also got plenty of trick arrows to counter some of Hanzo's more mystical elements.

Back