• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hatsune Miku / VOCALOID Massive Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they are clearly just videos. Adam from Adam Ruins Everything got his page deleted and in-context they were more legit than this.

The levels aren't the entire galaxies themselves in Mario. They're small portions of the galaxy you can play on. And the series has shown numerous times they know what an actual galaxy is, and feats in the series don't entirely revolve around just those levels in the game.

This on the other hand is a bunch of people jumping into a "galaxy" that "planets" that are on sticks and satellites are comparable in size to. It'd be disingenuous to treat this as an actual galaxy crossing feat, and it's nothing like the Mario situation.

Anyways I'll be openminded and let Saikou respond, but so far I am entirely agreeing with Matt that these stats seem to be based off gross exagerations, extrapolations and even downright falsehoods.

@Ryu

Your stuff is always well-constructed, concise and to the point.

You'd be good at law.

@Kep Aww thanks very much man. That means a lot to me :)

I do get the lawyer comment quite a lot from people lol

Yep, you fit being a lawyer~

Also yeah i agree, let's wait for Saikou to reply here

I pretty much agree with the top.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Probably human level considering that they are canonically normal Idols and the videos we see of them are just their Music Videos.

Especially agree with that. IIRC I even argued that ages ago when those profiles first came up.

Did you read OP though?

Matt literally show us why those animations don't scale to Miku

think they should stay, i heard they are really popular, just put human level in all the stats untill new feat are found, respect the waifus ovo

I'mma wait for Saik before deciding but are we sure this isn't one of those "everything was thought to be fictitious but turns out to be real" kinda thing?

Is there literallly anything to prove they are exlcusivly music videos from even the perspective of Miku herself?

I don't think the question of whether or not these music videos are real/canonical matter that much for these feats. Most of the arguments are things like the feats being taken out of context, extrapolated assumptions being made from the feats or things that are far too out of scale for us to take into consideration.

Well damn, i guess Freedie Mercury is FTL now.

I'm burning through the sky yeah Two hundred degrees That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit I'm traveling at the speed of light I want to make a supersonic man out of you

@Aqua to say they are anything more than music videos would mean the burden of proof is on you. While lack of evidence is not evidence, lack of evidence is still a lack of evidence.

@Ryu well a few like giant Miku would be great feats if canon, but yeah, most are out of context or assumptions.

@SD That's why I said most. High 8-C and perhaps 5-B Miku would be saved if these music videos were real.

@Kyle Matt made an entire essay on why the animations are invalid. Why are you choosing to only go after the one tiny part he talks about lyrics and tell him to stop focussing on that and to focus on the animations?

@Kyle

Context, my friend. The song is not about he literally going through space. He is comparing his joy and fun to travelling at the speed of light.

A contradiction in a discussion must always be pointed out, even if it is a small one.

The truth will always be my objective.

I never said anything about his entire essay being wrong.

I jist point out the mistakes on his logic, even if small.

Ryukama said:
Pointing out a contradiction is one thing. Pretending that the contradiction was the only argument made and ignoring all the other valid points is far from pursuing the truth.
What he said. Anyways Kyle calm the f&ck down, a minor mistake isn't going to end the world.

You said "animations don't lie" and said Matt's thing was downplay. In order to claim that about the animations or to claim that about what Matt is doing you have to address all arguments, not just the one you think is wrong that even if it is has no bearing on the point as a whole.

However I'm going to stop derailing the thread with this.

Also, the dismissive tone you assume whenever you pretend to drop subjects can almost be felt physically due to how perceptible it is, really.

I won't derail the thread, tho.

Actually, with the context thing I've explained why the feats don't work even if looked within the context of the video itself, ignoring the contradictions presented by Matt.

For example, I could make a whole song talking about my personal taste for pasta, and showcase animation with multiversal stuff. Will I in the animation be multiversal? No, because that is not the point. I used the multiversal stuff as a metaphor for my likeness of pasta.

Ontop of the animation, the lyrics and the context of the song should be analyzed to see if it's truly a "feat".

If Hatsune gets to be have that speed rating via that space background nonsense then I totally want 73 trillion c Ryuko and Ragyo via this OVO

"It's impossible for a human being to move faster then light"-Hola

Also wow, I forgot how good the English Dub was

@Js250476 TFW literally the next sentence after that FTL statement is the most reliable character in the series calling it an exaggeration lol

@Gargoyle Ryuko and Ragyo aren't human beings OVO

Yeah. I loved him directly addressing that as a hyperbole.

If only Naruto did the same......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back