• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hat Kid VS Frisk

End Game 9-B Hat Kid and Low-High levels of Determination 9-A Frisk is used

Fight takes place on Mafia Island

Both have Full Arsenal (
Normal Time Pieces are used)

Both are Bloodlusted

Fight ends in K.O, Incap, or Death

Speed is equalized

The Time Traveling Explorer, Hat Kid:7 (TheQuirkyBoy, Stalker_Maggot, PlozAlcachaz, Ican'tthinkof1goodname, MrWarnerTheGreat, TheRexor28, GiverOfThePeace)

The Human Child with Determination, Frisk:0

Inconclusive:3 (StrymULTRA, TheRexor28, Adem_Warlock69)

Last edited:
Ok, so Frisk is around x10 times stronger so they one shot, plus I don't see a way for Hat Kid to counter the LOAD.

Stomp

How did I miss that lmao

Well, at this point I'd say that is incon, since Hat Kid can't harm Frisk nor counter their LOAD despite she's acausal, but Frisk can't nothing against Type 4 immortality.

the player can close the game at any time and then reload from the last save. frisk should be able to do the same, if not this is a stomp

the player can close the game at any time and then reload from the last save. frisk should be able to do the same, if not this is a stomp
Yes because there's a point in time they can load back too, Frisk can't if he's in a time rift. Also it's not a stomp since Frisk has incap as an option.

i don't see why that makes him unable to load in a time rift, a time rift is just another dimension in game.

is his incap faster than this?

A time rift isn't considered another dimension, it is never once called that in AHIT:
"Time Rifts are tears in reality found throughout A Hat in Time which appear around broken Time Pieces. They act as a non-sequitur segment separate from the levels they are found in, where they can be entered by touching a Time Rift that appears as a floating glowing orb."

The game manual merely mentions them as portals with challenges, you can even further see it doesn't follow a linear sense of time since Time Rifts that have landed on someone travels through their entire history.

What you're likely thinking of is the dweller dimensions.

i don't see why that makes him unable to load in a time rift, a time rift is just another dimension in game.

is his incap faster than this?
Seeing as she wouldn't immediately open up with it, he has a chance to incap, her BFRing is more likely though since Frisk method of fighting is either killing or pacifism, and rarely incap.

A time rift isn't considered another dimension, it is never once called that in AHIT:
"Time Rifts are tears in reality found throughout A Hat in Time which appear around broken Time Pieces. They act as a non-sequitur segment separate from the levels they are found in, where they can be entered by touching a Time Rift that appears as a floating glowing orb."

The game manual merely mentions them as portals with challenges, you can even further see it doesn't follow a linear sense of time since Time Rifts that have landed on someone travels through their entire history.

What you're likely thinking of is the dweller dimensions.
it's heavily implied in the manual that the time rifts are different dimensions (p. 29). it's pretty much stated that they're creating dimensions.

also the purple rifts are created when a timepiece crashes into someone's head, and it says that it themes the time rifts around that person.

i still don't understand why frisk can't load/save. it's basically time manipulation.

Seeing as she wouldn't immediately open up with it, he has a chance to incap, her BFRing is more likely though since Frisk method of fighting is either killing or pacifism, and rarely incap.
both are bloodlusted.
also speed isn't equal but i'm gonna assume that's a mistake.

Do these Rifts actually even prevent time-hax? Just being called time rifts means jack on it's own.

it's heavily implied in the manual that the time rifts are different dimensions (p. 29). it's pretty much stated that they're creating dimensions.

also the purple rifts are created when a timepiece crashes into someone's head, and it says that it themes the time rifts around that person.

i still don't understand why frisk can't load/save. it's basically time manipulation.

both are bloodlusted.
also speed isn't equal but i'm gonna assume that's a mistake.
What it says is that they're portals leading to challenges, and purple one's create a non-linear timeline of events, they're rifts in time essentially in the persons memories.

Cause since he's within a rift in time he can't really... go back in time. Remember how time pieces breaking warp space-time? That's essentially how rifts work. They're broken portions of space-time.

Oh if both are bloodlusted that's even worse for Frisk since his innate method is killing, while Hat Kid just BFRs.

If speed isn't equal then it's a straight up blitz so it's a stomp then ye, but like you said, pretty sure that's a mimstake.

Do these Rifts actually even prevent time-hax? Just being called time rifts means jack on it's own.
Rifts are from broken time pieces which when broken warp space-time, and they're rifts detected by Hat Kid's ship which can detect anomalies.

They'd prevent reloading since he's not in a linear portion of time anymore.

Why does the linear portion even matter? As long as their still in the same overarching timeline, Frisk should be able to reload.

they haven't been shown to so i'd say no.

What it says is that they're portals leading to challenges, and purple one's create a non-linear timeline of events, they're rifts in time essentially in the persons memories.

Cause since he's within a rift in time he can't really... go back in time. Remember how time pieces breaking warp space-time? That's essentially how rifts work. They're broken portions of space-time.

Oh if both are bloodlusted that's even worse for Frisk since his innate method is killing, while Hat Kid just BFRs.

If speed isn't equal then it's a straight up blitz so it's a stomp then ye, but like you said, pretty sure that's a mimstake.

i think only time pieces which are merely cracked/broken warp time. every time piece except for the ones mustache girl uses are pulverized and it creates a time rift. also it doesn't impede hat kid's time stop.

Why does the linear portion even matter? As long as their still in the same overarching timeline, Frisk should be able to reload.
Because that's how he hops back to a previous save point? Linearly? Also no they wouldn't be in the same overarching timeline, especially if we took Rexor's idea of it being another dimension since they're separate space-times, as shown by purple rifts encompassing entire histories.

they haven't been shown to so i'd say no.

i think only time pieces which are merely cracked/broken warp time. every time piece except for the ones mustache girl uses are pulverized and it creates a time rift. also it doesn't impede hat kid's time stop.
I don't see what they have to show in this case, it's pretty clear cut that they're not a linear portion of time which ***** over Frisk's reload.

She slows down time, which can be done in the rift since time still exists within it, but not in a linear manner. Hat Kid isn't trying to go on a linear extent of time like Frisk is.

rift /rift/ Learn to pronounce noun 1. a crack, split, or break in something

They're non-linear in that time moves backwards or?
They're non-linear from the fact that they're cracks in time. Hence the rift existing in the first place.

Also iirc some rifts allow you to perceive journeys of Twilight Bell, which is meant to be the goat afterlife.

Them being cracks on their own mean nothing. Is their any actual effect in being in these rifts?

The way you describe them make it sound like any other BFR location.

Because that's how he hops back to a previous save point? Linearly? Also no they wouldn't be in the same overarching timeline, especially if we took Rexor's idea of it being another dimension since they're separate space-times, as shown by purple rifts encompassing entire histories.
if it was a separate space-time it would be low 2-C. i think that the purple rifts are merely representations as the manual says that the rifts are "themed" around the character it hits rather than it like going back in time through their history.

I don't see what they have to show in this case, it's pretty clear cut that they're not a linear portion of time which ***** over Frisk's reload.

She slows down time, which can be done in the rift since time still exists within it, but not in a linear manner. Hat Kid isn't trying to go on a linear extent of time like Frisk is.

rift /rift/ Learn to pronounce noun 1. a crack, split, or break in something
yes that'd **** with frisk's reload but so far there's no reason to assume it's a separate space-time.

time rift is just a name for a location, it'd be like saying some location named "death maul" would make all mauls have death manipualtion

If time flows normally then what's non-linear about it?
Where is it stated time flows normally? I literally gave an example with the purple time rifts that they don't flow normally.

if it was a separate space-time it would be low 2-C. i think that the purple rifts are merely representations as the manual says that the rifts are "themed" around the character it hits rather than it like going back in time through their history.

yes that'd **** with frisk's reload but so far there's no reason to assume it's a separate space-time.

time rift is just a name for a location, it'd be like saying some location named "death maul" would make all mauls have death manipualtion
No, you can have separate non-universal space-times, think shit like pocket dimensions or the hyperbolic time chamber. I personally do think there's more then enough proof for time rifts to be separate space-times, twilight bell having countless stars and nebulae's per layer and such, but that's not accepted here.

There is plenty which I explained in my comment, and that hasn't been addressed.

That's a complete false equivalence. Time rifts are explicitly rifts created from a time piece breaking that create portals to worlds where time does not flow linearly, again, look at the purple time rift as an example. Again, these time rifts are found by Hat Kid's spaceship detecting anomalies.

Yeah, this last part. Please explain to me the actual workings. Like, what goes on?
There's no special logic behind it. You literally just need to look up "define rift" and you should get a basic idea of why it would immediately cause time to be non-linear.

Reason I'm asking is that a tear in time isn't gonna be treated universally across fiction. I mean, according to her page, the BFR is to a pocket dimension.

Reason I'm asking is that a tear in time isn't gonna be treated universally across fiction. I mean, according to her page, the BFR is to a pocket dimension.
Idk what examples you're thinking of that defy the literal definition of the word. That's demonstrably wrong with the evidence being given right now.

You know what? Fine.

There's still the fact that the BFR seems to just be to a starry sky pocket dimension as opposed to a rift if I understand her page right.

Frisk loads to a specific point in the timeline though. But anyway;

Is that actually how you get to the pocket dimension? Like, how does Hat send people there? Thought-based? Gesture?

Back