• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed Equal

Harle: 2 (Dargoo Faust, Iapitus The Impaler)

Asgorath: 7 (ZacharyGrossman273, Udlmaster, Mr. Bambu, ABoogieYesSir, ShadowWarrior1999, Jimboydejuan12, Theglassman12)

Inconclusive: 0

Asgorath
Harlerender

So, if I'm reading this right, Harle should be able to bypass resistances and BFR Asgorath to 2-D.

If that doesn't work, Harle comes to the sudden realization that they have no regen/resurrection and gets utterly obliterated.

Harley Spams Cross Universal Teleportation, and all her attacks Erase Existence + Non-Existence according to past threads.

Harle takes this with even more ease, then. She only really loses this if Asgorath opens with a physical attack that she can't regen from, and even then that scenario would be incon considering they would both kill each other.

If Asgorath tries to hax her, she resists a lot of the more potent stuff the dragon can do, and then responds by annihilating/BFRing them while ignoring resistances.

I genuinely couldn't make a case for or against Asgorath/Io in an actual vs battle.

The entity itself is extremely vague, contradictory, and we don't know how much of what's said is allegorical and how much is meant to be taken at face value.

It's not as cut and dry as some of the other gods, and that's really saying something considering how vague D&D gods can sometimes be.

Yeah, Io's profile is very vague, as a Dead Power she's not talked about as much.

But, if she is the combined powers of Tiamat and Bahphumat then she's very powerful. Her only feats was that he wasn't scared of any of the Greater Gods and she created a Multiverse.

Io does have the knowledge advantage, being able to precog this weeks in advance and prepare, Io always makes the first attack, her attacks always succeed, and her Prob manip is better than Harle's and if so, Io would go for the Existence Erasure and would go to end the fight in one round.

Udlmaster said:
Yeah, Io's profile is very vague, as a Dead Power she's not talked about as much.
Is Asgorath ever even directly referred to as a "Dead Power"? I don't recall this, and it seems extremely odd considering the entity was supposedly "killed".

The combined power of Bahamut and Tiamat was also supposedly above Asgorath's according to their creation myth, which on its own doesn't make too much sense considering they're both Lesser Deities and that both of them were in fact Asgorath only seconds prior.

This is of course one of many things confusing about the entity. Others including the fact that Asgorath's godly regen was somehow overwhelmed by a Primordial splitting him in half, which then resulted in him turning into two more gods.

Yeah, she/he died and is considered a Dead Power as such, Besides their few mentions, I don't believe they get name dropped much at all and are just a stepping stone for Tiamat and Baphumat to get a back story.

Also, Erek-Hus used an adamantine axe, which, as it was Adamantine, was enchanted, as Gods don't die normally to physical weapons, but it also could have been the circumstances of the Dawn war that negated this?

And funny thing is, not even Wizards know what to do with Asgorath, as they list Io as an Intermidate God and Asgorath as a Greater God but forget they are the same being.

Also Bahamut and Tiamat's creation myth makes even less sense if you bring in the 4e epic destiny. "avatar of Io" Which gives a dragonborn PC a shard of Io's power and apparantly his soul as well. "the more power you aquire, however, the stronger Io growns. Through you, Io plans to return and reclaim his mantle as the god of all dragonkin."

This is the default post campain plot for it. Implying Bahamut and Tiamat did not even get all of Io's power. But yeah Io/Asgorath is by far the most inconsistent gods I can think of when it comes to D&D.

To be honest, the reasons above are fairly weak, since Greater Gods are immune to BFR as is and EE doesn't remove Mid-Godly Regen, only Low-Godly, and there was no reason given to why she can kill a Mid-Godly being.

Harle has limited probability manipulation while Asgaroth has extremely good probability manipulation and type 8 harle has no answer to. I'm going with Asgorath here.

Yeah, I'm going with Asgorath with his Prob manip making him always go first as well as Precog and EE, to which she has no resistance too.

If there is a chance for Asgorath to win, then they win by default via Prob Hax, yes. However, the above states that Harle's EE auto-negs Mid-Godly. I don't know why, but such things do exist (just look at out own LOP, she did the same).

I do vote for Asgorath as any action of his that can succeed will succeed, though.

She also doesn't have any form of Regen for some reason, and She/He (Io is called a She but Asgoroth is called a He) has the precog thing, so they have the information advantage and since they always goes first Via Prob manip, they have the "speed " advantage.

Dargoo Faust said:
So, if I'm reading this right, Harle should be able to bypass resistances and BFR Asgorath to 2-D.
If that doesn't work, Harle comes to the sudden realization that they have no regen/resurrection and gets utterly obliterated.
Oh didn't see this, but Asgorath cannot be BFRed.

Uh

BFR to 2-D isn't really BFR in the traditional sense.

Probably? IIRC there's a similar creature from Doctor Who that just makes you lower dimensional.

I know Yukari Yakumo can BFR people to the Second Dimension via "Border of Dimensions"

But, if Harle is BFRing to the 2-D by teleporting them or Portaling them, that won't work, but if they "squish" their dimensions into the 2-D dimension, then yeah, it's definately work. I guess it just depends on the way she does it.

Well yeah. If she physically moves Asgorath it just won't work since he just "lolnopes" it.

Again, I doubt this matters since D&D Prob Hax is just stupid good and makes Asgorath's actions guaranteed to succeed.

Yeah Pretty much. And not just a gauranteed to succeed, but to always go first, which is honestly, the best thing for them, since most fights are done by the first attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back