• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Harahel and Raziel Fight a Bad Influence

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Prometheus Dream Harahel and Raziel versus Omega Dominus Tina Phillips. (The fighter here is Harahel, Raziel's just a part of their standard equipment and thus present by default.)

Speed is equalized, of course, given that Tina is absurdly ******* fast. The battlefield is the middle of nowhere space.

It works, thematically speaking, because both Harahel and Tina are copycats. Also, they both like burgers. They have no knowledge on each other at all; both are completely in-character and will approach the fight as they would any other fight with someone they know presents a threat.

Harahel & Raziel:

Tina Phillips:

Inconclusive:

Oh god! This is a tough one. I find it pretty funny because they both have super similar abilities in general, having to do with information manipulating and power copying, so they likely heavily resist each other's abilities regularly. (They even got a power that's basically synonymous in name to the other's power: Tina's Lance of Longinus and Harahel's Spear of Destiny.)

Tina's very likely going to start on the offensive. She'll probably quickly realize the power that Harahel possesses which will lead into her using her tactics and knowledge to start using her abilities pragmatically in order to wear the angel down a claim their powers.

In terms of AP and Durability, I assume we're just using their 3-C forms constantly, I'm not sure who's higher though I think Tina has a slight edge here, having the powers of a trillion year old goddess in the form of Yahvehya and several different Grandmaster Wizards. She was also barely phased by Eric's attacks meant to harm her and could immediately annihilate beings on the same level as him with just a mere gesture. This means that she's probably at least in the same league as Harahel, but likely stronger, though that's my assessment.

Lifitng strength doesn't really matter here so blarg u3u

Pretty sure Harahel technically has the higher stamina, but for a battle like this where both can be torn to shreds and heavily injured, but still have the capability of continuing to fight, they're basically even in this regard.

And now we come to intelligence. Oh boy, this ones tough given both contexts. Tina was capable of absorbing and replicating abilities of beings much older than anything Harahel has had to replicate, (tens of billions of years isn't much in comparison to trillions of years) and thus should technically be smarter, right? Well...both have incredibly exceptional information copying and storing abilities. Harahel has Raziel which also has a crap ton of knowledge on magic that would likely translate to an exceptional understanding on practically every kind of alchemical ability Tina has to offer, including her Omnimagic, which is without a doubt the deadliest attack in her arsenal. Tina is probably the better martial artist, as she's shown to actually learn and replicate such things of whoever she absorbs to an incredible degree (Including Yahvehya and whatnot), but she doesn't use it that much either way so it doesn't matter too much. Both understand Higher Dimensional Space and can apply it into their abilities effectively, so I think they're equal in that regard. Overall, it's really hard to say who's smarter, but I think if I had to pick, I'd have to go with Harahel barely edging out thanks to Raziel.

In terms of weaknesses, Harahel would likely be able to piss off Tina if the battle goes on for too long and probably get her to lash out irrationally, allowing Harahel to likely be able to exploit her, but again, that's if the battle goes on for too long in the first place (I'll get more onto why later, but for now...) " Replicating the souls of others is exceptionally painful and damages their soul greatly, with each replication changing their personality permanently, and Harahel thus prefers not to do so unless necessary. Malicious, self-destructive beings such as Beelzebub and Mastema are particularly dangerous to replicate, dealing even further damage to Harahel when they do replicate them." ooooooh boy Yeah, Harahel is going to have a ******* nightmare trying to replicate the soul of Tina for...well, very obvious reasons. Tina doesn't suffer from the same problem when she replicates another being's information, so she might even have an advantage in that regard. Tina's soul isn't very old, but the souls that she has absorbed certainly are so I think Har might also have difficulties in that regard. Overall, I think both can take advantage of the other but Tina might just be able to do so better.

Now onto Hax, the most interesting part of this bout.

Both have very similar abilities as stated before. Hell, Tina even has her own version of an ability that counters others upon gaining information and knowledge on them like Eidos Lexicon in the form of the Lance of Longinus. Both seem to have dealt with beings with similar physiologies, immortalities, regenerative abilities, and abilities in general as the other, so either will probably be able to counter the other without much problem. Even then, they both possess incredible resistances to the other's many abilities, so it seems incredibly evenly matched in that regard, but I think there might be one big deciding factor here, and that's just how powerful the Lance of Longinus is. It got to the point where it could even negate power nullification and adaptation resistance in the form of The Ankh of Life, a trillion year old barrier created specifically to counter such an ability in the first place, since it's technically even older and more developed than said forcefield, and it did this with barely any trouble. This seems like it'd probably be able to counter Harahel's defensive abilities first but I'm not entirely sure. We can take a gander at their other abilities anyway if they'd be about the same level.

I think in general, Harahel has better processing and prediction abilities. Tina's are incredibly efficient to the point where she could keep up with, calculate the movements of, and fight against 5 Grandmaster wizards at once, but Harahel's are also combined with Raziel and Beelzebub's Goetic Eye to give them a leg up in this scenario. They also have instinctive reaction with Luciferian Logos which would likely give Tina some trouble attempting to hit them in the first place. One thing Tina could do is create copies of herself to probably try to overwhelm them and even the odds a bit, but this would probably only do it a fair amount.

Onto Raziel. Information Lookup would be a terrible idea on Tina if Raziel decided to use it on her (though this is unlikely considering they likely know better than that, but I'll still mention it, anyway). Her whole shtick is being capable of storing a crap ton of information inside of her, even trillions of years of such, so having so much information presented to her would just give her a ton of knowledge as a result. Tina has matched and dealt with practically all forms of the law stuff that they can present to her from fighting Yahvehya and her favorite son, who can manipulate practically any kind of law they want, so Tina doesn't have to worry too much about being beaten to death by a wooden sword. Though I'd definitely love to see that happen. I think we all would.

Luciferian Logos is similar to Quantum mending in how it acts as a martial form of combat, and I already mentioned that Tina might be the better H2H combatant in general, but I'm not too sure. They're about equal in this regard, perhaps, hmm...

and now, Inner World Operator. Oh boy.

besides the aforementioned soul analysis stuff, let's get onto the inner worlds themselves, and compare them with Tina's Autoverse, Omega Dominus, as Autoverses seem to have similar properties to inner worlds.

Salem Corpseworld would easily be one of the most bizarre sights ever paired with Tina's Autoverse. The Maggots and decaying corpses they infest would be forced to become copies of Eric Garcia as her's would very likely apply to such entities, so she can likely deal with this on the off chance that Harahel pulls it out. Sheol Necrocosmos would prove problem for Tina, as I don't think even she could deal with such destructive abilities, but the thing is that it'd very, very likely kill Har as well, so if she does pull this out, I'm pretty sure that'd make things inconclusive at most, though she's extremely unlikely to do so anyway. Thaumiel would also actually prove a problem for Tina, as such boosts in power, skills, and freedom from physics that Har is given would actually very likely be able to overcome Tina even if she's using her Autoverse. So this is something Har has an advantage in.

And finally, Prom etheus Dream.

Such an ability would also prove powerful against Tina, as it basically makes all of Harahel's and Raziel's abilies much, much more powerful, and thus likely be able to overcome her immortalities and resistances to be able to defeat her. much easier, so this is yet another Advantage Har can get over Tina.

All in all, both are incredibly skilled and smart combatants with tons of abilities under their belts. Tina likely seems to have the higher destructive capability than Har with her AP and the passive Lance of Longinus, but Har and Raziel is a smart fighter. They'd likely realize this soon enough to be able to pull out something like Thaumiel or Prometheus Dream. In the end, it all comes down to if Tina can negate Har's resistances and abilities before she gets negged first by her incredible powers. Their powers are both very similar on a surface level anyway that it's really difficult to decide. I'm honestly not sure who'd win more times than not given everything.

They both seem to have really good counters for the other in general. They're so close in their strengths and weaknesses that it's really hard to decide at the end.

I'll vote inconclusive.

Takes a deep breath in and screes after such a long post.

I had a long message typed up and then I misclicked and lost it all, so I had to rewrite all of this! Yay.

While Tina may start on the offensive, Harahel starts on the defensive, the very defensive. While this is good in this situation, since Harahel has a very strong defense, they're not the type to whip out their most powerful abilities off the bat, unlike Tina, who will go for a kill very quickly. Harahel's a nice person, you see. Harahel doesn't want to fight someone without giving them a chance to stop the fight peacefully. Tina probably has the advantage in raw power; Harahel is lacking in raw stats for their scale of power, and relies more on their fun combination of hax and cheap fighting. Even if they're squishy, however, Eidos Lexicon makes for a very strong defense, one that will only get stronger over time as Harahel and Raziel figure out how Tina fights and how to best counter her strategies and attacks. Eidos Lexicon can counter attacks from much stronger opponents, and even the Spear of Destiny, under good conditions (Mastema not putting her full will into it and Harahel being super motivated), so I think Harahel will be able to reliably counter Tina's attacks. Tina will be able get a lot through, of course - Harahel needs time to analyze any given attack and Tina has a strong will, so.

Well, different setting, different rules! Unlimited Data Space is more of a power than an intelligence feat, though it's certainly impressive. They're definitely more or less equivalent in knowledge. I think Tina would have an advantage over Harahel themself when it comes to strategic ability, while Raziel's is more in her ballpark. Tina is also definitely the better martial artist; Harahel isn't even a close quarters fighter. They prefer to fight from a distance, exploiting the range so that they have more time to analyze and respond to attacks, while also using Eidos Lexicon to foil teleportation attempts to get closer. This would be complicated for Tina by Dream Evil, which would just let Harahel go invisible and reappear a safe distance away.

Harahel won't pull out Inner World Replication unless things get really, really bad. And they'd definitely not copy Tina's soul unless they have no other option, because, well, yeah. That's a very disturbing and musty place. Harahel doesn't want to think about those things.

I think Harahel may have the advantage when it comes to copying and countering, thanks to Raziel. Raziel will automatically work on improving anything Harahel copies, modifying it so that it's more useful, more efficient, etcetera. This will eventually change spells so much that they can't be countered in the same way, and Raziel will do this to Harahel's own spells once Tina gets better at dealing with them. Harahel will be able to resist Tina's data absorption a bit, so they have that, too. Lance of Longinus will hurt like a bitch, and though Harahel's a squishy person who isn't as good as Tina when it comes to taking hits, they're not that bad anymore, in this key. With Raziel's help, Absolute Barriers that can survive something like Jophiel's Raziel Second, and with Eidos Lexicon to soften the blow (though this won't apply to the first few hits they take), Harahel will be able to survive and keep fighting. It'll hurt a lot, though, and every hit will count - but Harahel will get better at dealing with it, at least through Reactive Evolution and Raziel, if nothing else. When it comes to adaptive ability, no one in Starcross beats Raziel. Every attack will chip away at Harahel's soul, though, and it'll eventually start interfering with its processes and even their inner world.

Harahel's Instinctive Reaction is only an imitation, and not a perfect one. The best it can do is buy them a bit of time. Goetic Eye means Harahel's going to be perceiving the fight at half-speed, and since the effects are applied to Harahel and Raziel, not anyone else, resistance won't change it. Combined with Raziel, this will give them a lot more time to process, analyze, and appropriately counter attacks. Once Harahel's pushed this far, they'll pull out the unfair tactics without hesitation and will thus copy Beelzebub's absolutely bullshit fighting style. Which is spamming Dream Evil, Hyperawareness, and teleportation to get cheap shots in whenever possible, attack enemies from the inside of their soul, and escape retaliation. Other dangerous abilities include Super Phantasmagoria and Heartbreak Trigger; while Harahel would really rather not use them, if they're pushed to their limit they'll lose their reservations, and I doubt Tina would respond well to having to relive all her trauma at once.

Raziel wouldn't dump information into Tina, that was only useful for dealing with small fry when Harahel was a smaller fry. Tina's defenses will definitely lessen the impact of Raziel and their copied laws, but Harahel doesn't depend on that stuff that much, anyways. Quantum Arts is an issue, as Logos is one of Harahel's biggest weaknesses in Starcross. But, you know, this just means Harahel has had to find a lot of ways to deal with it and defend themself. They'll figure out Tina's strategies and how they think, and Raziel will handle predicting and countering the attacks. It's far from perfect, but it works.

Poor Harahel... all of the inner worlds I have listed for them kinda suck. Salem Corpseworld is miserable and Sheol Necrocosmos is lethal... the only one that isn't garbage is Thaumiel, and that's another key that gives Harahel High 3-A Raziel, so it can't be used here. They do have other inner worlds analyzed and copied, including Canace's healthier Salem Pandemonium, but it's nothing that will change the course of the fight. Prometheus Dream is always active, also. Tina's inner world would suck a lot for Harahel, even if they don't try to copy it (and they probably wouldn't) - they'd rely more on Full Soul Counter, though. A complete soul counter is Harahel's most potent attack (it would be a 100% unambiguous death sentence for Observer, Yaldabaoth, and even Thaumiel Lucifer or Super Mastema), but there's no way Harahel's getting a complete counter out here, with all the souls Tina has absorbed and all that Unlimited Data Space. Harahel almost never goes for a complete counter, though; they'd make use of shortcuts and Raziel's innovations to make an incomplete and imperfect counter that will be useable faster and can be spammed.

However, using Omega Dominus against Harahel is a huge risk. The combined analytical power of Harahel and Raziel, and the knowledge of the soul reflected by Inner World Operator, means that they could definitely figure out Omega Dominus' biggest weakness and force it to trigger. At that point, neither Harahel or Raziel would beat up a crying child, though.

This is the thing about Harahel. They're a defensive fighter not just because their abilities are very well-suited to that, but because they have to be, otherwise they'd have killed a lot more people. They have not only one of the best defenses in Starcross, but, with Raziel's help, one of the strongest offenses. Both need a bit of time to reach their full steam, but Harahel at their best is only surpassed by Mastema in lethality, and only by her and Lucifer in defensive capability. It'll just come down to how long Harahel can last; if they survive Tina's initial onslaught, they'd have a good shot at victory, at least assuming they're not horribly ****** over by the injuries. Given this, inconclusive is probably the best bet. It's very possible they'd kill each other.

They all kill each other and it's incredibly tragic.

May as well add this now

Back