• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
iron man scales from a calm hulk when normal hulk only gave thor a nosebleed.

jack scales to the BL2 VH's who can effortlessly destroy loaders who have a durability of 243 kilotons.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
"Although it should be noted that he only beat him after he calmed down"
Who the heck wrote that
idk but if you want that changed go make a CRT since that affects scaling.

That plus the fact that jack and his clones have higher durability, and higher with shields, so iron man is going have a hard time truly hurting Jack.

hulk only gave thor a nosebleed and until further notice that comment about calm hulk on tony's page is still there.

also jack's AP is higher than 243 kilotons.

If you want to know the AP for Borderlands comes from loader bots that are easily dispatched by early game vault hunters, and Jack can fight against them in Late game, who are far higher than their early game selfs.

MCU Tony never had to fight invisible targets or duplicates, but I have a feeling Jarvis' scanning can find him rather fast. He found a man hiding behind a wall in Iron Man 1 and could tell the building he smashed Hulk through was empty in Age of Ultron, so I have a feeling he has some way to detect bodies that doesn't rely on sight. Since in BL2, Zer0 could find invisible targets, including Jack, thanks to his scanning while using Decepti0n, this is not an unprecedented event.

The main problem is that Tony's suits resist electricity since Mark IV or V (whichever one was the suitcase) was unaffected by Whiplash's whips and Mark VII absorbed Thor's lightning and was ultimately powered up. Mark 44 is given the same powers as the previous suits by us, so the electric resistance should still remain.

Since it's actual Jack and not his doppleganger Timmy in this fight, he only attacks with his turrets and wrist gauntlets, all focusing on electricity. Even in Pre-Sequel, Real Jack never used actual guns, so it wouldn't be in character for him to have other types of grenades or firearms on him (maybe the pistol he used to kill Roland, but that was a one time use).

Because of these things, his relatively low battle experience, and having no protection from hacking, I'm voting Tony on this.

wrong on the electricity point his turrets don't have an element for their attacks IIRC and his wrist guns can shoot lasers also wrong on the gun point pay attention during the jack fight and you see he uses normal weaponry sometimes he also doesn't focus on electricity all the time and can use several tatics during the fight and jack has an AP advantage here.

Plus with his shields with further boost his durability along with regenerative property means he always going to have the more chances to use tactics.

According to the Borderlands Wiki, Jack sticks with his turrets and wrist gauntlets until his shield is gone (it doesn't regenerate), then he'll summon loader reinforcements, use corrosive grenades, and summon shield surveyors. No other types of guns are mentioned.

The turrets, loaders, and surveyors can all be hacked by Iron Man, if not quickly destroyed since Tony can scan for weak points like Zer0 can.

As far as I can tell, the grenades aren't stickies or the instant detonation ones, so they can be dodged by Tony fairly easily. If they hit, it'll hurt for sure, but I think the chances for that are slim.

His wrist gauntlets are still electric, which is useless against Tony and Tony has fought laser-using enemies before, so it's not too far removed from his experience.

While the turrets he summons aren't explicitely labeled as electric, but they shoot out blueish-white energy orbs and if you get hit by one of the bigger versions on the Hyperion gates, your shields will be shredded and the lightning bolts in your vision will appear. For all intents and purposes, they're electric, so still useless against Tony.

Still voting Iron Man

the gameplay shows jack using normal weaponry here:

https://youtu.be/2XFGFGObIgc?t=93

clearly the people who run the wiki didn't notice this probably because that boss fight is one of the easiest boss fights in the game also wrong on his standard tactic, the strategy he does the most is disorienting his enemy with clones while being invisible while he has his shield.

also the turrets on the hyperion base aren't the same as the ones jack sends out that's completely wrong, his turrets don't have an element as shown here:

https://youtu.be/l8uViGC4sX8?t=2437

his grenades stick to the floor:

https://youtu.be/PhML6iuI7JU?t=54

none of this even matters to why people think jack can win because his gadgets aren't the reason why people think he can win it's his ap advantage that can give him the edge here and the fact he uses normal weaponry (which from what i can see is a vladof pistol) means he can't hack that.

and before you say "but a digi-clone did that" let me ask you what is a digi-clones job? to disorient the enemy by being a perfect clone of jack (aside from lower durability) everything jack can do a digi-clone can as shown in gameplay and i think i can pull up some examples of the real jack having that pistol as well.

also remember that time jack killed roland with a non-elemental pistol?

https://youtu.be/xY8HGh3wVL4?t=109

now that i think about it i don't know if the pistol i saw was a vladof actually but that isn't important what's important is that it's non-elemental.

Okay, a few points:

1. If those on the wiki didn't notice that Jack uses the pistol, then it isn't his initial strategy to use it. Even on my various playthroughs, I never noticed he had it. That means he usually sticks with his gauntlets, with half of its function being useless against Tony. Even in Pre-Sequel, where he more actively fights, he sticks to his gauntlets only. Even if he does use it, great, it's a pistol against a guy who is experienced dodging bullets from multiple angles.

2. Jack uses his grenades like landmines, that's why the red sphere appears around it, so he's most likely not trying to stick Tony with it. Again, even if he does, Tony won't just stand still and let it happen.

3. J.A.R.V.I.S actively scans through the suit, even on things that aren't immediately in Tony vacinity (F.R.I.D.A.Y in Endgame noticed Ant-Man's van started even though he wasn't near it or actively paying attention to it), I don't think invisibility plus the clones will affect Tony for very long. It's also entirely possible for him to hack Jack's shield, clones, cloaking watch, loaders, turrets, and surveyors at any time.

4. While the AP advantage is quite a bit, it's not in one-shot range and Tony can call in pieces of the Hulkbuster to repair it. He can even summon that cage to hold Jack for a minute.

5. Jack is defeated really quickly once his shields are completely gone and he has no surveyors, his physical durability is garbage, so one hit from Tony after those are gone and he's dead.

As much as I love Jack, I still think his low experience and Tony specific tech advantages of scanning and hacking will result in him dying.

it will be his only strategy once his stuff is hacked and how you came to that conclusion is beyond me literally the first thing he does is the disorient strategy he doesn't only stick with his wrist guns and you are using the pre-sequel the game where jack didn't even have half the stuff he has in borderlands 2 he gets his cloaking device later on in the story and the other stuff later in fact i'm pretty sure the only reason timothy has the cloning stuff and the lasers were because they were experimental and jack needed somebody to test them, speed equalized btw that means all speed is equalized so tony won't dodge them so easily.

of course he won't that's why jack will go invisible and stick a grenade on him, he's up against a giant armor suit and he won't throw some grenades on him? his first and most used strategy is to disorient with clones, tony's hacking is fast but i don't think so fast that it literally disables all of jacks stuff instantly.

i know that but they both start 10 meters away jack will at least get one grenade on him in that time span and all of jacks stuff being hacked was already addressed i know that's gonna happen that doesn't affect the reason he might win.

piercing power. if even one of jacks shots hits tony then he'll be in serious trouble then.

literal headcanon. it is never stated in game nor outside the game that jack's durability is trash tier, he's easy to defeat in game because of Game Mechanics not because it's canonically stated his durability is trash.

Back