• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Half-Genie (7) vs Dark Genie (0) Grace

So I was looking for other Genies to fight my girl Shantae and found this dude from a game I remember playing as a kid. I've got no idea if this'll work out but I wanna try anyway.

• Speed Equalized
  • Fight happens in Fuyuki City
  • Both are within 10 meters of each other
  • TDG is 7-B Dark Element
Shantae

True Dark Genie

Dark Element fights similarly to Dark Genie. DE opens with BFR but note that DE goes with the opponent to said dimension. It then summons 5 Dream Monsters to fight it's opponent, these 5 monsters are comparable to DE in power but they have no hax so they will physically try and fight Shantae.

If these five monsters are defeated, DE will fight and it's tactic is shooting dark magic arrows or swinging it's staff, increasing it's size and shooting a massive energy blast. DE doesn't use it's more useful hax in character and even when he's about to lose he still doesn't.

See, this is what I was waiting for

1. Are the summoned monsters ranged or cqc fighters?
  2. How does DE handle having it's projectiles reflected back at it?
  3. In Shantae's verse light magic is basically super effective against dark magic. Does that kinda thing equalize between verses, or would DE need a weakness to light magic?

1. Close Combat from what I can remember, I'll check later in the morning.

2. It would likely be surprised at first but unlike Dark Genie, Dark Element actually moves but he doesn't spam teleportation, it's just something he does in order to get some distance. All in all it wouldn't be to much of a problem but given his to most used attacks are ranged attacks it would be an issue.

3. Given how Dark Genie/Dark Element is resist to dark magic do to it being within him and it is shown Holy > Dark in Dark Cloud verse, yes, Holy Magic will be super effective.

1. If the monsters do either, they will get harmed from Shantae's pike balls or scimitars that surround her body. If they shoot is projectile, it gets sent back.

Not voting but Dark Genie has a wall of hax so that looks scary...will wait for more arguments.

How does Shantae activate force fields, pike balls and scimitars to surround herself, is it thought based and can she use both at the same time?

I'll vote after I know the answer.

I think it's thought based but it's a little inconsistant. She has a voice line that plays when she casts it, but it doesn't always play.

Ok so Dark Element will start the fight with thought based BFR which emits a white light from himself and both end up in another dimension. Note that Dark Element will place Shantae at the bottom floor while he is at the top and she will half to face off against 5 monsters, each comparable to Dark Element and that means they have the AP advantage but not nearly enough to one shot.

Luckily Shantae has some good abilities on her side. These monsters will face of against her one after the other but 4 and 5 fight together so she will face both of them. Do to her Attack Reflection, she can easily reflect their ranged attacks and do to them being quite large monsters with no real fighting skills she should be able to take them out with not much effort along with summoning those weapons around her to damage them when they get close or just sneak past them with invisibility and go straight for Dark Element.

Dark Element is the only real threat. In close combat he will try and swing his staff at Shantae which she should be able to dodge without much difficulty. Seeing that she is better than him in combat and the fact that she would have weapons protecting her, Dark Element would try to range attack her with Dark Arrows and or a massive energy beam. However they will get reflected so Dark Element will backed into a corner. He can teleport but he doesn't spam it and making himself bigger will just make him a bigger target.

Shantae also has light magic which will do massive damage to DE. The only real issue Shantae will face is DE's hax but as I stated above DE doesn't use it hax in character because it is overconfident to a massive degree which was Dark Genie and Dark Element's downfall. This is do to them knowing they are just avatars and will never truly die. Dark Element may not have Dark Genie's resurrection do to being all of Sirus's hatred in physical form, he is still the embodiment of hatred and unless you get rid of all hatred, Dark Element will return but this is non-combat related for it unlike Dark Genie.

So I'm voting for Shantae do to being a better fighter, Light Magic which will cause serious damage to Dark Element, Invisibility which can catch him off guard, weapon summoning for protection and barriers that can reflect his ranged attacks plus she has healing if she gets harmed. Lastly Dark Element is so overconfident it is not even funny, he will think she's nothing which will lead to his downfall. This is not a stomp though cause she can't one shot and there is the possibility Dark Element will use it's hax but I think Shantae would finish it off before Dark Element is pushed that far not to mention it doesn't really care if it dies anyway which is apart of it's problem.

Back