• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darko vs The Dark Passenger (7-0-0) GRACE

King_Dom470

He/Him
Rules:
Battle takes place in an abandoned warehouse
They start 15 meters away from each other and out of their line of sight
Dex has prior knowledge
SBA for everything else

SubversiveGirl on X: The original drawing Donnie Darko now on my Etsy  shop🔪🐰🔪 https://t.co/7tK8EQXi0G #Etsy #shop #store #JakeGyllenhaal # DonnieDarko #art #fanart #drawing #traditionalart #pencils #pen #markers  https://t.co/CSikKe53xC / X
Maria Tattoo⛧ on X: 💉Dexter Morgan piece I just finished!💉 So excited # Dexter is coming back! #DexterReturns #DexterMorgan #SerialKiller #CopicArt  https://t.co/CZpQ3WVLEb / X

The Dark Passenger: (AThe1412, MarkGoldbridge, Silvervigilant, Peppersalt43, King_Dom470, Mariogoods, EnderLord8)

Donnie Darko:

Incon:

Last edited:

Haven't watched Donnie Darko, and I'm guessing he doesn't have access to his powers in this match.
Dexter;
  • Likely better AP, Durability
  • Enhanced Awareness
  • Much faster
  • Pressure Points
  • Acrobatics
  • More experienced
  • A much more skilled fighter
  • Better intelligence
  • Stealth Mastery
  • Not mentally unstable
Voting Dexter here

Haven't watched Donnie Darko, and I'm guessing he doesn't have access to his powers in this match.
Dexter;
  • Enhanced Awareness
  • Much faster
  • Pressure Points
  • Acrobatics
  • More experienced
  • Better intelligence
  • Stealth Mastery
  • Not mentally unstable
Voting Dexter here
He should have access to his abilities here but Darkos abilities are abit vague. Like the tk was only used once and never on a person. And both water and fire manipulation were done off screen and for all we know might not have been through supernatural means. So he’s not the most skilled at using his abilities the only time he ever actually killed someone was through using a gun. Although extrasensory perception kinda counter stealth mastery abit unless Dexter can get behind Darko and make it so he can’t see his life path

He should have access to his abilities here but Darkos abilities are abit vague. Like the tk was only used once and never on a person. And both water and fire manipulation were done off screen and for all we know might not have been through supernatural means. So he’s not the most skilled at using his abilities the only time he ever actually killed someone was through using a gun. Although extrasensory perception kinda counter stealth mastery abit unless Dexter can get behind Darko and make it so he can’t see his life path
I just read the explanations in the notes section, what does mind control do exactly?

Dexter;
  • Enhanced Awareness
  • Much faster
  • Pressure Points
  • Acrobatics
  • More experienced
  • Better intelligence
  • Stealth Mastery
  • Not mentally unstable
Voting Dexter here
I haven't watched Donnie Darko either but based on both profiles, i'd say your reasons seems solid. Voting Dexter too

Its literally stated Donnie has the ability to conjure fire and water. Thats not at all vague, he could straight up just use that on the fly

They are ABSOLUTELY supernatural. Wtf???

I meant it's vague on how the summoning works. Because as far as I remember in the movie he never actually conjured anything on screen
Not shown in the film =/= something he can't do. And even then...you're actually incorrect

Jim Cunningham's house was burnt down through Donnie's powers. Yeah, he used gasoline, but that was obviously so it could spread faster given he was tossing it around the guy's house. Donnie's not gonna need that to burn down one guy. If Donnie wants to kill Dexter, he could just light him up like a Christmas tree on sight

Another thing worth noting is that Donnie's mere presence is going to induce fear as well as irrational and bizarre behaviour in Dexter, so while the dude's still gonna be violent, he won't be acting at his most skilled here

Jim Cunningham's house was burnt down through Donnie's powers. Yeah, he used gasoline, but that was obviously so it could spread faster given he was tossing it around the guy's house. Donnie's not gonna need that to burn down one guy. If Donnie wants to kill Dexter, he could just light him up like a Christmas tree on sight
Minor detail I thought I’d bring up. Donnie mentions accidentally burning an abandoned house down once when he was younger. I didn’t catch that detail on my first watchthroughs, but it serves as evidence he doesn’t need anything else to use his powers, especially now that he uses them on purpose

Not shown in the film =/= something he can't do. And even then...you're actually incorrect
Thats not what i'm saying i'm just saying we don't know how exactly his powers work like how much, how hot, if he shoots them out of his hand or summons a biblical fire storm. Also he's only used fire manipulation once and it was off screen and not even on a person so he might not even use it on Dex

Thats not what i'm saying i'm just saying we don't know how exactly his powers work like how much, how hot, if he shoots them out of his hand or summons a biblical fire storm. Also he's only used fire manipulation once and it was off screen and not even on a person so he might not even use it on Dex
I don’t think we gotta do any complex digging here. This is Dexter, fire that’s potent enough to burn down an abandoned building by complete accident ain’t gonna be something the dude comes back from. Really think about this. If the fire’s potent enough to burn an house, why the hell would you act as if there’s a chance Dex’s just no-selling it? And we’ve seen the range of his powers, they’re more than enough to get Dexter from a ranged distance. And again, you’re incorrect, he’s used his fire manipulation twice (once in the past and another time on Jim’s house)

He never used these abilities on people because that wasn’t part of his goals. This is different, he’s in a fight. Do you think Donnie, being as smart as he is, is just gonna sit there like a dumbass and not use the same powers he used to burn down a house on the guy he’s fighting? That’s disingenuous

Admittedly I wish I got the chance to revise Donnie’s page when I did because it’s lacking more info than I needs to provide for people to use him in threads

This is Dexter, fire that’s potent enough to burn down an abandoned building by complete accident ain’t gonna be something the dude comes back from. Really think about this. If the fire’s potent enough to burn an house, why the hell would you act as if there’s a chance Dex’s just no-selling it? And we’ve seen the range of his powers, they’re more than enough to get Dexter from a ranged distance. And again, you’re incorrect, he’s used his fire manipulation twice (once in the past and another time on Jim’s house)
I'm not saying Dex is going to tank the fire.
He never used these abilities on people because that wasn’t part of his goals. This is different, he’s in a fight. Do you think Donnie, being as smart as he is, is just gonna sit there like a dumbass and not use the same powers he used to burn down a house on the guy he’s fighting? That’s disingenuous
I'm not saying that he wouldn’t use his abilities if he was forced to, what I am saying is that, he probably wouldn’t immediately go for setting the entire building on fire. In the one scene where he killed someone out of anger he didn't even use his abilities at all he just kinda shot the guy

I'm not saying that he wouldn’t use his abilities if he was forced to, what I am saying is that, he probably wouldn’t immediately go for setting the entire building on fire. In the one scene where he killed someone out of anger he didn't even use his abilities at all he just kinda shot the guy
I wasn’t even saying he would light up a building Dex is in on fire. He would light the dude on fire obviously. Also the gun being used to kill, in all fairness, was part of Life’s Path literally guiding Donnie beforehand to acquire the gun, which is more so relevant to the elaborate set up needed for Donnie to save everyone. Plus it makes sense why he would use the gun there according to Life’s Path. When we see Frank without the mask, he still has the gunshot wound in his eye. If Donnie burnt his corpse, I doubt he’d be coming back to successfully warn Donnie. But thats part of a much bigger conversation and I can understand why that might confuse people on Donnie’s go-to tactics

The truth of the matter is that Donnie Darko as a film has a much huger display of context relevant to the actions of its main character, so equating how Donnie acts in a fight to what he has to do in an elaborate scheme to save everyone is not a valid way of examining how to use him in these threads

Back