• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hagoromo joins the NFL for some good old fashioned American football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro
So, I used the anime adaptation of the original Six Paths Chibaku Tensei to calc the feat and am now going to propose we use it over the current one.

Calcs
Obviously I believe we should go with my calc, but allow me to explain my primary reasoning. First, my calc uses corporate canon to find the speed at which the Moon was hurled, while Damage just uses an absolute low-end assumption for the speed to get the Moon into orbit. In terms of justifying the assumption, using the corporate canon adaptation of the feat is by far the lesser assumption, as I based my calc on the marketed/produced medium. Furthermore, it's common practice to use the anime for calcing feats that are more vague in the manga (we do this with Light Fang for example). Also, Damage's calc assumes it took ~13 hours for the Moon to make it into orbit, which is directly contradicted by the anime portrayal of the feat. Damage's speed assumption is no different than assuming 1 minute or 30 minutes or an hour, he just chose the lowest realistic speed possible (not saying that's bad, just saying it has no backing by any of the corporate canon material). At the end of the day it simply comes down to which speed assumption is better, basing the assumption off the corporate canon material vs making an arbitrary assumption, and considering the anime adaptation of the feat brings 0 contradictions, there's no argument that a random assumption is better.

Conclusion
This thread is just for deciding which calc to use, I'll make a scaling thread later. So help me God, do not ask me about who scales in this thread.

Agree: Mitch (CGM), Clover (CGM), US69
Neutral: KT (leaning yes), Tracer (leaning yes)
Disagree: Damage (CGM)
Mrk: KLOL

Last edited:
In terms of justifying the assumption, using the corporate canon adaptation of the feat is by far the lesser assumption, as I based my calc on the marketed/produced medium. Furthermore, it's common practice to use the anime for calcing feats that are more vague in the manga (we do this with Light Fang for example). Also, Damage's calc assumes it took ~13 hours for the Moon to make it into orbit, which is directly contradicted by the anime portrayal of the feat.

I would dispute this point by saying that in general that guideline is for comparing canon anime adaptations of on-screen manga feats which has been my approach to it at least.

The example here is for a depiction of the feat from a filler arc - an arc that IIRC has a lot of contradictory information in it anyway to the manga canon.

I'm aware this isn't an ironclad rule, but my opinion is not to take use a filler arc from the anime to be the definitive version of the feat.

Damage's speed assumption is no different than assuming 1 minute or 30 minutes or an hour, he just chose the lowest realistic speed possible (not saying that's bad, just saying it has no backing by any of the corporate canon material)

I don't dispute that it is a low end, but it being based on the lowest necessary speed doesn't make it as arbitrary as a random timeframe like 1 minute or 30 minutes. There's a difference between "How fast it needs to be at a minimum" and just "How fast it could be with a random figure."

The example here is for a depiction of the feat from a filler arc - an arc that IIRC has a lot of contradictory information in it anyway to the manga canon.
The Moon feat however holds no contradictions in portrayal.

I would dispute this point by saying that in general that guideline is for comparing canon anime adaptations of on-screen manga feats which has been my approach to it at least.
If we want to get nit picky about it, it would be the canon adaptation of the Hag Moon feat, it's the adaptation of the single panel we get in the manga.

I don't dispute that it is a low end, but it being based on the lowest necessary speed doesn't make it as arbitrary as a random timeframe like 1 minute or 30 minutes. There's a difference between "How fast it needs to be at a minimum" and just "How fast it could be with a random figure."
Right, but at the end of the day it's still just setting an arbitrary minimum boundary for the feat. Rather my calc takes a corporate canon adaptation of the feat to base an assumption on the time frame.

AND NO, YOU WON'T GET ME TO EVALUATE THIS CALC THIS TIME, SORRY BOYS, I'M JUST HERE TO WATCH AND ENJOY
Please 👀 it's pretty simple. How about you just read my calc and then decide if you want to eval it after you read it.

Please 👀 it's pretty simple. How about you just read my calc and then decide if you want to eval it after you read it.
NO

G1 Optimus Prime solos

Dante with Fear Hax solos

Kratos with Power of Hope Solos

mqc8nkgcahm71.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back