• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hagoromo joins the NFL for some good old fashioned American football

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was asking Cloverdragon, one of the people i trust the most in the site, but i think is on his way to do it

Well considering Arc’s version of the calc has an actual basis to it and follows a shown depiction of the feat. Even if it’s non canon, it’s still technically better than a random lowballed assumption.

So in general I agree with the OP and with using Arc’s version of the feat

Well considering Arc’s version of the calc has an actual basis to it and follows a shown depiction of the feat. Even if it’s non canon, it’s still technically better than a random lowballed assumption.

So in general I agree with the OP and with using Arc’s version of the feat
What makes you say random? Did I just pull a number like 67,464 m/s out of thin air or something?

Maybe random isn't the right word, but what I think they mean by that, and what I mean by it, is that the assumption your calc makes (and every other one prior to mine) is just assuming a time frame that doesn't have any basis in the adaption we are shown. For example, your assumption is based on the minimum speed irl to get the Moon in orbit (has basis in real life but isn't supported by anything within the adaptation/corporate canon or manga), the old calc actually just picks random time frames based on the notion that hurled implies very fast (has basis in the semantics/wording of the statement for the feat but isn't actually supported by anything directly within the adaptation/corporate canon or manga). Meanwhile, I get my speed directly from the only adaptation of the feat we get.

So, I don't think they're saying your assumed speed (or others) are inherently baseless and arbitrary, but rather assuming a speed based on the corporate canon adaptation of the feat is the most valid assumption compared to others, since it has its foundation within the actual adaptation of the feat itself.

@Arc7Kuroi; I will agree that your version is better than the other prior versions which assumed timeframes like 1 minute or a few seconds based on nothing.

Right and I agree that as an absolute minimum, using first cosmic speed is fine. However, I believe that using the only corporate canon adaptation of the feat we get is the best way of going about quantifying the feat. Hence why I prefer the "dawn time" method supported by the anime over the cosmic speed minimum method. Doubly so because the cosmic speed time frame contradicts the corporate canon adaptation of the feat (being that it implies ~13 hours pass while the adaptation shows it occurring within dawn), meanwhile the only adaptation of the feat we get doesn't contradict any medium.

Maybe random isn't the right word, but what I think they mean by that, and what I mean by it, is that the assumption your calc makes (and every other one prior to mine) is just assuming a time frame that doesn't have any basis in the adaption we are shown. For example, your assumption is based on the minimum speed irl to get the Moon in orbit (has basis in real life but isn't supported by anything within the adaptation/corporate canon or manga), the old calc actually just picks random time frames based on the notion that hurled implies very fast (has basis in the semantics/wording of the statement for the feat but isn't actually supported by anything directly within the adaptation/corporate canon or manga). Meanwhile, I get my speed directly from the only adaptation of the feat we get.

So, I don't think they're saying your assumed speed (or others) are inherently baseless and arbitrary, but rather assuming a speed based on the corporate canon adaptation of the feat is the most valid assumption compared to others, since it has its foundation within the actual adaptation of the feat itself.
Basically this yeah

if you want a Calc member i can bring you one

and you better evaluate this calc

its a really good upgrade
543w2m.png

Even though I agree this new version of the calc is better than the others from a mathematical standpoint, I don't like using it due to it occuring in a non-canon adaptation. Events during that version of the fight between Kaguya and Hagoromo / Hamura don't line up with the original manga. In the manga, they didn't even know that it was Kaguya who they were sealing. If the depiction of the fight between them was non-canon, then the depiction of the feat immediately after is also non-canon. I don't think we should just pick-and-choose, if that makes sense. If we had anime-only versions of the character's profiles, then it would be fine, but the manga should be the highest priority.

In the manga, they didn't even know that it was Kaguya who they were sealing. If the depiction of the fight between them was non-canon, then the depiction of the feat immediately after is also non-canon. I don't think we should just pick-and-choose
Mainly responding to this because it's the most important part to me.

It's not necessarily a pick-and-choose for something like a timeframe, which anime versions are consistently reliable for giving us a better idea on, as opposed to making an assumption via just the manga. I mean, in general, anime versions of events aren't treated as primarily canon and are simply a supplement. This is another case of that.

Even though I agree this new version of the calc is better than the others from a mathematical standpoint, I don't like using it due to it occuring in a non-canon adaptation. Events during that version of the fight between Kaguya and Hagoromo / Hamura don't line up with the original manga. In the manga, they didn't even know that it was Kaguya who they were sealing. If the depiction of the fight between them was non-canon, then the depiction of the feat immediately after is also non-canon. I don't think we should just pick-and-choose, if that makes sense. If we had anime-only versions of the character's profiles, then it would be fine, but the manga should be the highest priority.
All that scan inherently says is that Hagoromo was unaware that Kaguya wanted the chakra that dispersed in her two sons back. Additionally, ever source I can find said Kishimoto did have involvement in that filler episode (462 where the feat occurs) and they even foreshadowed Momo, Kin, and Ura for the Boruto anime. The feat is portrayed exactly how we’re told it happened in the manga within the anime, the brothers fight and seal the ten tails into the moon -> it’s hurled into outer space.

I don’t agree with the notion that prior events in the arc being not so self-consistent with the manga being used to discredit a feat that, in its portrayal, holds no contradictions to how we’re told it happened. That’s like saying the entire anime is entirely filler to the manga just because they extend fight scenes (fleshing out fights beyond what the manga gives us) and therefore everything in the anime should be disregarded. But we don’t do that, exhibit A is with light fang. The anime adds to the light fang feat stuff that is just not in the manga, and because the feat is more fleshed out in the anime we use the anime to calc it. Same case, the original SPCT is far more fleshed out in the anime than the manga, and it has no contradictions. Hence, it should be the optimal means of quantifying the feat, because it’s the only method that bases itself in corporate canon for Naruto, as in it can be justified with the produced and marketed material for the series Naruto.

I make it principle to leave all my threads open for at least a week, cuz back when I didn’t I’d just get accused of being upgrade hungry. This way if a week passes and no debate progress is made, no one can complain that I’m “pulling the wool over their eyes”. Plus, I prefer to satiate any staff concerns ideally before closing the thread, even if I have majority approval.

Well, to be honest, I don't think Damage's version is wrong, nor do I even inherently disagree with it, really. I believe it's a perfectly valid low-end estimate, for what it's worth.
With that being said, I do slightly favor Arc's version because at the end of the day I believe that using an adaptation of the series to justify an assumption is better than us fans making our own assumptions, even if they're reasonable ones. And yes, the anime and its filler arcs are mostly not canon to the manga, but in this case it should be fine because it's the only available adaptation of the feat, and the feat itself doesn't contradict the manga. And like the others pointed out, there is precedence for using the anime to aid with calculating vague feats, like we did with Light Fang.

I think you can probably make the change now. I doubt we'll get any new input in a day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back