• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This thread has been inactive for a while, but still, I haven't found any concrete evidence that would make Dio 2-A in any way.

Another thread should be made, as people have lost interest in this one unless the OP still wants to push it.

There needs to be input for staff members first.

Someone who'd like to make the downgrade, but actually knows what happened in the game, which isn't difficult since you can just search every cutscene + gameplay on YouTube and you'll find them.

I'm busy as of right now (and lazy), so I can't really make and keep sustaining a big revision thread like that, though I'd be able to debate support it by debating.

I know. Just provides you the sources if you're going to make a downgrade CRT. I also thinks HAD doesn't really have anything to warrant his 2-A rating.

Ikr

I even checked the Wikia to see if there were scans or other official material to prove that, but I didn't find anything.

In fact, I am also a bit sketchy about the Infinite time-stop thing: people have said that Dio could overwrite himself to make his time-stop last infinitely... However, this has never been shown nor stated in the game, and even the Wikia says otherwise (I know that I cannot just say that the wiki disagrees to prove something, but my issue is that there are very few information on this, they aren't official, and the ones that are present contradict each other). I don't think it's just a rumor, and it probably comes from somewhere, but I just want the source or a scan.

Speed is another can of worms entirely, so I won't get into that.

His resistance to causality manipulation should be change to Power Nullification, as he outright overwrote GER's power when he was about to use it, rather than directly tanking it ( though you could argue it would kind count as both resistance and powenull).

I also agree on the time stop thingy.

The speed i tried to downgrade once, but feel free to make that thread, i know it diverged into chaos so i'd rather not try again.

That's either power null or resistance. I mean GER either used it and it got tanked, or DIO nulled before he could use it, i don't see how it could be both. Besides we already know Dio can null stuff.

Giorno, who is one of the most knowledgeable characters in the game about reality shenanigans as well as his own Stand, said that he felt like "Requiem" got overwritten from reality, much like Dio did with Tusk ACT 4's projectiles.

The problem with speed is that he has infinite speed via briefly having a scuffle with GER... Except for the fact that every other character in the game is perfectly able to keep up with him and to react to what he does.

DMB 1 said:
Giorno, who is one of the most knowledgeable characters in the game about reality shenanigans as well as his own Stand, said that he felt like "Requiem" got overwritten from reality, much like Dio did with Tusk ACT 4's projectiles.
The problem with speed is that he has infinite speed via briefly having a scuffle with GER... Except for the fact that every other character in the game is perfectly able to keep up with him and to react to what he does.
Yeah that's P Null

Infinite speed with GER when you know...when everyone could actually watch their fight and react, yeah...im sure everyone in Jojo has infinite reactions for reacting to that. :) GER's inf speed is not even speed, it's just resistance to Diavolo's time erasure. But whatever.

GER's true speed is something I'd reserve for another CTR of its own, but in the game, unless you wanna argue that every other characters seingTWOH is an outlier, GER definitely isn't portrayed as astronomically faster than anyone else.

Ger in EOH is limited by giorno and his reaction speed since he is actively controlling it

He was never mentioned to have overwritten the multiverse, what he showed was just changing some advents in every part.

Very cool, that's just a range feat.

And if I change some advents, that doesn't mean that I can overwrite away the entire multiverse at once.

DMB 1 said:
Very cool, that's just a range feat.
And if I change some advents, that doesn't mean that I can overwrite away the entire multiverse at once.
if all universes in a infinite multiverse are affected than thats multiversal+ anyway overtime or not

i didn't play eyes of heaven so i don't know that muc habout the final part

Its heavily implied he did it at once, as the credits roll you can see the various changes he made, represented by pictures. And yes this would be a range feat coupled with a Multiversal+ feat for affecting the timelines.

Nothing you guys described has been implied.

And you are still assuming changing a few things in the multiverse would be 2-A, which it isn't.

Because it's EEing an infinite number of people instead of destroying a multiverse.

Unless he needs to overwrite a continuum every time he affects someone, it isn't 2-A

Basically if Dio managed to overwrite every universe on a cosmic scale (Reshape the universe as a whole sort of stuff, in all the timelines).

That or being able to destroy everything

Kaltias said:
Basically if Dio managed to overwrite every universe on a cosmic scale (Reshape the universe as a whole sort of stuff, in all the timelines).

That or being able to destroy everything
Pretty much, and it was never stated or implied that he could, and it wasn't even his goal.

Now I can't participate to this thread anymore since I have to go to participate to the Philosophy Olympics, and I think that this thread has lost a bit of its track.

In planning to make a final Do AP CTR, in which I will sum up the downgrade as well as make a few other clarifications and maybe additions

No it was jotaro rewriting reality to give everyone a happy ending ontop of undoing dio's work

Back