• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HA DIO additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvVGS7Ekaz4 From my understanding of this, someone switched his character ID with a playable character allowing him to be played so his moves here should be legit. 2:40 summoned an array of knives from nowhere. 11:10 TWOH's punches have shockwaves, extended melee range via shockwaves? They seemingly extended across the map at some points till they hit an object.

On a side note potential BFR? He can teleport people from alternate timelines and universes to his own dimension against their will.

And he can steal their souls while in an alternate universe and timeline so multi-universal range for soul steal?

Courtesy of Weekly for bring the last two to my attention.

Edit: https://gfycat.com/LightLinearHoatzi showcases him teleportating some of the cast from 1999 Morioh to his dimension against their will while he himself was in 1989 Egypt. Some other instances include him being able to teleport DIO Part 1 to the SBR universe to fight alongside Diego and to various other eras and universes, teleportating the entire cast to his dimension on a whim.

https://gfycat.com/VioletFarawayGentoopengui and https://gfycat.com/RashUnacceptableAlbatross Steals and absorbs the souls of most of the cast despite being in a different universe at the time.

On a side note. I propose two keys for DIO, a low 2-C, 2-B with prep key and then a solid 2-C/2-B key post soul absorption as him overwriting reality would of taken a little while to charge up and he needed souls to power him up, after he got his souls he did exactly that. I'm currently going through the game's dialogue to see if there was anything that was missed or needs correction to add on to the previous proposals.

@Saikou. I'm pretty sure he still has those moves in the normal gameplay, I could potentially check, of course I expected the first two to be controversial because of that any way. @Weekly The thing ya posted in the composite DIO thread, it made explicit note of the last two which happen in scripted cutscenes.

Ignored GER, Giorno later confirmed GER was doing his lol nope thing and DIO still acted, apparently no longer apart of any single timeline and exists primarily in his own dimension.

That would only qualify for Resistance to Causality Manipulation. Plus HA Dio is literally harmed via time paradox. That would be completely impossible for him if he was acausal. Hell, every ability working by 4-D time would be unable to harm him if he had full acausality.

He was affected by paradoxes, and inured by Jotaro

He isn't acausal.

If he was acausal, he would be completely immune to any cause and effect working by 4-D time, but he is affected by paradoxing, and is affected by Jotaro punching him

He is not acasual. It takes a lot more to get an acausality rating now.

DIO actually ISN'T harmed by time paradox, he's harmed because no two DIOs can exist at the same place, the thing D4C does, it's actually pointed out in the story time paradox don't hurt ya, specifically when old Joseph meets young Joseph.

Acausality requires being completely free of any and all cause and effect working by your dimensional level's causality.

The very fact that he can be paradoxed, that he can be affected by anything at all working by his understanding of time, shows that Dio is not acausal.

It had nothing to do with time, in JoJo there can only be a single person in any given universe at a time, Funny said this himself and showed this off with two guns colliding and erasing each other. It's also explicitly pointed out that young and old Joseph meeting didn't do anything because they're time has nothing to do with it, it's a matter of an alternate universe one, it has to be an alternate one. It's a universal constant saying there can only be one, if it was two from the same universe itd be fine. Plus him ignoring GER and having his own dimension only solidifies that and eveey single time user is underneath him and he's considered to be untouchable by them.

If you wanna continue that it's a time paradox despite contrary evidence in the story itself including a scene that exists to show that's not the case, then fine but debunk that first.

Did I say it was a matter of time? No. I said that it was paradoxes, which is what D4C does.

Ignoring GER is only Resistance to Causality Manipulation

Having his own dimension is only reality warping or pocket reality manipulation.

You don't seem to understand what acausality is. Acauasality is complete transcendence of cause and effect on your dimensional understanding of causality, e.g. a 5-D being would be working on higher dimensional time and thus higher dimensional causality. If you are acausal, absolutely nothing that works by your dimensional perception of time can harm you. The cause does not have any effect on you, no matter what. You cannot be punched. You cannot be wrapped in spider silk. You cannot be erased via paradoxes, timewise or alternate universewise.

Dio is not acausal

I'm just going by what the wiki page here has to say, which is basically a huge nope to time based abilities and casulity manip, HA DIO seems to fall under what is described on said page. And ya actually did say time paradox originally for what it's worth.

Both of which are simply resistance to time manip and causality manip. Acausality leads to immunity to those, along with immunity to everything else working by your dimensional understanding of time. Resistance to time manip and causality manip do not lead to acausality.

He's no longer rooted to any timeline, apparently only GER and Tusk Act 4 had a chance despite literally every time base Stand in JoJo being under his command and apparently being untouchable by any of them includin things like BTD, all of which Funny knew existed and belived would be useless, time paradox via interacting with your past self or changing events does nothing to effect you as you are then, he ignored causility manipulation and was later confirmed to have ignored it again, what else do ya want? Since from what I'm reading on the acasuality page, it doesn't say ya literally can't be punched or anything.

I did and what ya say does make sense to a decent extent. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Acausality But this page has yet to be edited and on the time paradox page it says "a lesser form of acasuality" so clearly ssomethings need to be changed but for the sake of it being 5am and I need to get to sleep soon, I'll drop it and ask, what do you propose his resistances be (specifically) and what about the notions proposed in the OP on a side note? I have the latter two on hand if ya need them.

He lol nopes GER, so he has decent resistance to time reset and causality manipulation. Other resistance feats you'd need to explain, though his recovery from D4C paradoxing could potentially be resistance to existence erasure, assuming he actually resisted it and didn't simply regenerate from any damage done.

Other stuff IDK, didn't really look at it.

He resists time stop, can see and think in time stop and override it, timeparadox is apparently useless and him not being bound to any specific timeline should grant him paradox immunity. The other time related resists would be from everything bar Act 4 and GER not being able to even come close to doing anything to DIO according to Funny, which includes stuff like King Crimson, Killer Queen (teo if them, the katter had BTD) and MIH (with a notable mention of MIH being inferior to DIO). For D4C, he resisted it then proceeded to regenerate from it, it blackened his arms a bit despite his coming into direct contact opposed to completely obliterating them like shown in every other instance of the ability.

The other stuff is essentially giving him multiversal BFR and soul steal+absorption. Maybe multiversal teleport and time travel, since he does that a few times, the latter two i just mentioned are already there but i don't think it's given a range. Edit:No range for the teleport, time travel, BFR, soul manip aren't mentioned.

He erased Funny from every single point in the multiverse, at the end of the game He was causing the entire multiverse to be rewritten. In which case why isn't he solid 2-B? He was stated multiple times to be effecting all of reality and it was even shown a bit too.

Shown? A few hundred, stated to be infinite multiple times though. At least two instances of countless from both Funny and DIO within the game itself.

So it's fine then, Funny, someone who travels through alternate universes as his power, saying multiple times there is infinite universes and on 3 occasions going through so many seperate ones he lost count is more than enough. And that's just from him.

For 2-B it needs to be more than a thousand universes. We'll see what others think about this. Statements from a character can be valid, depending on his role in the verse. Countless wouldn't equal infinite, at least not in my book.

No but he also has a statement stating infinite, possibly more, either way it's more than a thousand. And it's already accepted clearly, otherwise it wouldnt be on there. Now do have any say on the stuff in the OP as that was the original purpose of this thread, I'd appreciate it if I could get somewhere on that.

"Was overwriting the entire JoJo reality, which consists of an unknown but likely quite large amount of universes."

Is not a valid explanation for 2-B and should be taken care of, as well as that acausality. Just pointing that out.

Overwriting a universe's space-time is a low 2-C feat, so if he was doing it to multiple realities at once it should be fine for Tier 2. I think there was a thread on why it was 2-B and not 2-C a while back, I'll see if I can find it.

We already discussed that part, and saying unknown is valid, likely quite large amount of universes is fine, it's better than slapping 2-A on him or 2-C, it could be worded better with statements from Funny linked, though the feat itself is fine. Edit: Let me rephrase that, it's fine but evidence should be provided to avoid things like that. We have multiple of statements suggesting countless and infinite, both of which are above 1000, both from people who can travel across universes, one who has been through countless from his own mouth. And you still haven't made note of what I've originally asked.

I should note that there's statements within the game itself, Funny crossing countless worlds before he got to the one with HA DIO to remove the spin, one where they apparently crossed many worlds in their battle. Also him finding Diego and another when he explains D4C's poiwer, that latter uses infinite, those are from the manga. Those are just off the top of my head.

It has no shown limit. When he stops time he never runs out, maybe it has a limit but it's long enough to where he clearly doesnt care, it can even lolnope Jotaro's resistance to it too. Could also be in the JPN version, i know a few lines are changed like DIO's overwrite being referred to overwriting the truth where that word isnt even mentioned in the American translation. It could come from something else like DIO overwriting his limits, either way im going through the game so i may end up finding something for it.

Now do you have anything to say about the OP, it's why i made the thread in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back